if you are a communicator get a BBRY if you primarily consume content and are a viewer of other's communications get the Nexus 5. If money was no object i would say get the BBRY first and try a 5 as a back up but if funds are a consideration, figure out which camp you are in and go for it.

They are both great devices. Most of my day is spent creating content so i will always use my Q10 first but for reading, viewing pix or multimedia, and consuming content i might go for the Nexus based upon the amazing screen rez and the things google is doing. I have not found anything i can not do on my BBRY except for a few novelty apps and some corporate apps.
    12-16-13 10:53 PM
    DON'T get the stl100-1 as it has no 4g get the stl1003 as it has a all the features but your carrier will only send the updates to stl100-1

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 10:58 PM
    Reasons why I would not get the Nexus is non expandable memory and non removable battery . Does it have a hdmi port? I use hdmi a lot on my Z. Also, if u have pets and kids, the time Shift camera feature is priceless on the Z.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10
    12-16-13 11:13 PM
    Hi This is Aziz from bangalore just blindly go for the z10 or if u can stretch a bit q10...never think of the BlackBerry existence as always any big ship will course ahead after the storm!!! as it's got the dna right...

Aziz ..... Z30
    12-17-13 12:06 AM
    My reccomendation would be the Nexus 5.
    I have both the Z10 and Nexus 5. (Work / Personal). I have found the Z10 to be ok but not blown away. It seems to take more swipes and touches to accomplish the same tasks, the lock screen is text passwords only (no pattern unlock that i could find).
    Apps that i used to have on my BB curve are not available on the z10. Certainly more apps are being added to BB world but i've found it hard to distinguish between legit apps vs copy cats (made to look like popular ios & android apps but are made by someone else).
    For me the nexus was a good price point, battery has been pretty good (24 + hours with regular use, though no where near the old BB curve).
    N5 does have more camera options but the Z10 camera works really nice for me, really sharp pics.

The biggest thing I like about Nexus 5 (android) is the Swype keyboard, anything without it would be a dealbreaker for my personal use.

Disclaimer - this is just my 2 cents based on personal experience and tastes. you may have different preferences
    12-17-13 12:30 PM
    Hi This is Aziz from bangalore just blindly go for the z10 or if u can stretch a bit q10...never think of the BlackBerry existence as always any big ship will course ahead after the storm!!! as it's got the dna right...

Aziz ..... Z30
    Seriously? ever hear of Palm?

Blackberry does have a good product, but going blindly is not usually the best idea with technology.
    12-17-13 12:34 PM
    I have both the Z10 and Nexus 5. (Work / Personal). I have found the Z10 to be ok but not blown away. It seems to take more swipes and touches to accomplish the same tasks, the lock screen is text passwords only (no pattern unlock that i could find).
    Apps that i used to have on my BB curve are not available on the z10. Certainly more apps are being added to BB world but i've found it hard to distinguish between legit apps vs copy cats (made to look like popular ios & android apps but are made by someone else).
    For me the nexus was a good price point, battery has been pretty good (24 + hours with regular use, though no where near the old BB curve).
    N5 does have more camera options but the Z10 camera works really nice for me, really sharp pics.

The biggest thing I like about Nexus 5 (android) is the Swype keyboard, anything without it would be a dealbreaker for my personal use.

Disclaimer - this is just my 2 cents based on personal experience and tastes. you may have different preferences
    And what about PICTURE PASSWORD???

Posted via Ultracool Z10 on 10.2.1.1055 leak. Iphone... save files on your iphone browser, lol
    Intense Soul likes this.
    12-17-13 12:47 PM

Swype keyboard better than bb???

Posted via Ultracool Z10 on 10.2.1.1055 leak. Iphone... save files on your iphone browser, lol
    12-17-13 12:49 PM
    Swype keyboard better than bb???

Yeah. It's called preference. Some people like swype or similar keyboards because of they feel it's faster and one handed typing/swyping is easy

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 12:55 PM
    z10 and this is why

Google kills �accidental� Android feature that kept user data private

I just do not want be monitored 24/7 by Google. Second Z10 is just much cheaper phone at this point. 10.2.1 will let you install apk files directly. Now you can sideload them which is not that hard but with 10.2.1 this will be extra easy
    12-17-13 01:01 PM
    Yeah. It's called preference. Some people like swype or similar keyboards because of they feel it's faster and one handed typing/swyping is easy

Posted via CB10
    And how it it different from BlackBerry swipe type keyboard???

12-17-13 02:21 PM

So you don't even know what swype is? And u commented against it? Lol

Google it

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 03:31 PM
    After owning the nexus 5 briefly and sending it back for a full refund, the main thing that killed the experience was the abysmal speaker volume. I dont know if they fixed the issues on the newer revisions that they are going to release, but that just doesnt jive with me well.

everything else is nice (5 inch hd screen and google services) but the Z10 feels more premium than the nexus 5 and the camera software/hardware on the z10 is better in general due to the hub and intelligent keyboard.
    12-17-13 06:02 PM
    id consider z30 over the aging z10. I know it costs more but you get bigger battery and screen and you have a year younger hardware inside which makes things like miracast possible while the z10 misses out on some things like that. Nexus 5 is great too and would recommend it to anyone looking for android device. Its only draw back might be the small battery compared to other 5 inch sized androids. I honestly dont have issues with battery life though and get 4-5 hours of screen on time per charge with it.

As for software side, BB10 obvious lacks native apps at this point. Things will change in the coming OS 10.2.1 and some form of android APK installation but its yet to be seen how all that will play out. BB10 is much better than 10 months ago but some features from older BBOS still have not found their way back into the new OS. From what your needs are I think bb10 would cover your just as much as the android device would BUT i recommend the z30 over the z10 at this point for going for 2 years of use
    I agree with howarmat. Z30 is better device. What I like the best about Z30 is its fantastic battery life and larger screen. I can live with smaller z10 screen but z10 battery life sucks. if you are heavy user you will find yourself quickly without juice (mid day or so). my solution to this problem was to buy extra battery I also do not like much Z10 camera. it is ok but not great at all. night shots/low light shots do not come out well at all. Day light shots are good as long as the object is not moving much. So what I am saying is that Z10 is not perfect phone but its dirty cheap right now and so are its accessories.
    12-17-13 06:44 PM
    So you don't even know what swype is? And u commented against it? Lol

Google it

Posted via CB10
    I just say that for me it is the same thing in general and we can discuss which is better

12-17-13 07:06 PM
    Ok so I need your opinions on the following:

1) Maps & Navigation: It seems BlackBerry Maps still doesn't support India. What are the alternatives? Can you install Google Maps and make it work without any bugs or glitches? Navigation is really important for me as I drive a lot.

2) Battery Life: I know the Z10 originally had a bad battery life but I heard after the OS update, it has become much better? Can someone elaborate on this, please? I want it to last atleast 14-15 hours, is that possible?

3) Camera: While it is not the biggest issue, I always had this idea that Z10's camera was very good. But after reading some of the recent posts, it's too confusing.

Thanks a lot guys!
    12-17-13 08:21 PM
    I just received my Nexus 5 and awaiting my Blackberry Z10 to arrive this Saturday that I was able to get for $200 on the Black Friday Sale. Just based on first impressions so far, the 5" screen on the Nexus 5 seems too large - it's impossible to use it in only one hand. At least it is thin, but I find that it's not very pocketable and that it's hard to remove it from jean pockets because of it's size. I expect the 4.2" screen of the BB Z10 to be much more easy to use one-handed and pocket friendly as well. In terms of price, the $200 Z10 is also $150 cheaper than the N5. I guess I'll have to wait until Saturday to give you a more adequate recommendation.
    12-17-13 08:38 PM
    Z 10 all the way for!!! This is the phone I recommend you.
    It's just 8 months new platform with so many wonderful updates to OS and not to forget it's right size, wonderful screen clarity, awesome keyboard, expandable memory, HDMI out, and whole lot of new innovations that BlackBerry is offering in this phone. N5 is a good phone but considering your liking for BlackBerry and value for money against N5 you still save a hefty amount to satisfy all your needs!!!

BlackBerry is here to stay!!!! Don't worry the storm will ease out soon. Cheers!!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 07:06 AM
    Maps: Map my India navigation app free

Battery: N5 battery back up is bad, you have the advantage of battery charging bundle in z10 which is swappable

Camera: kikass feature like time shift is very futuristic

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 07:14 AM
    Swype is a virtual touch keyboard however you can write a word by touching the first letter in the word and sliding your finger across the keyboard to connect with each letter in the word. The software is able to compensate even if i am not as precise. It also utilizes word prediction (based on the words you've already typed) to guess what word you are swyping.
    I used to love the physical keyboard but swype enables me to type much faster with less effort. It has the basic touch type and voice transcription too.
    Note Google also has a "gesture typing" keyboard but it is not nearly as good as swype (swype made by Nuance who also license tech to Siri) I would love to have swype on my BB!!!

also - regarding HDMI, the N5 has "slim" hdmi built into the usb port, it just requires the right cable/converter. it also does wireless chrome casting with smart TVs (as do many devices especially with the You tube app)

removable SD card - the past few phones i've popped and sd card in when i first got it and never took it out... back up to cloud services anyway.
    removable battery - this is a "wait and see" for me... it does make me nervous.

If you do like BB stuff and go with a Z10 or Z30 i'm sure you will be happy it's all about what works for you.
    12-18-13 09:41 AM
    While I would recommend the Z30 over the Z10 if you do decide to get a Z10 invest in a charging bundle if you use the device a ton during the day.

As far as Google maps it can be sideloaded or if you want a native Google maps try BemapsPro.

Hope that helps.

BlackBerry Z30 | 10.2.1.1055 | BBM Channel C0006E212
    12-18-13 10:19 AM
    I think you should go for z10. in eBay u can get it for just 20000.i am using it from past 6 months. I will say no android can beat it with performance and multitasking..

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 10:24 AM
    Some general observed actions and thoughts I have as I own both :

- The Z10 tends to hold on to signal better in weak coverage areas.

- While on paper the Nexus 5's 5" screen makes it sound like the phone would be a monster next to the Z10, in actuality it's not. The N5 is only slightly taller and wider, about equivalent to a Z10 with a case on. For reference, the Nexus' display is about the same size as the display and bezel together on the Z.

- The stock cameras on both are good enough, especially when lighting is ideal. Neither is what I would call great in terms of the pictures they produce. Time shift on the Z is a neat little feature. The optical image stabilization on the Nexus great to have too.

- The BB10 keyboard is an absolute joy to type on. Flicking is great for one handed use. The stock Google keyboard has gotten better, but not quite there. On Android, I prefer SwiftKey, which in my opinion is just as easy to type on as the BB10 keyboard.

- Hardware wise, the Nexus 5 beats the Z10 in almost every department. It is 8 months newer after all. That said, specs are not the end all, and form only part of the experience.

- The BB10 OS is very efficiency and communications centric. Though I'm not sure it is much faster in use, you feel zippy because you're swiping between things. I absolutely love the Hub and the actionable notifications. Those are the things I miss when I have my SIM in the N5. The notification shade on Android works well enough, and I do like the little notification icons at the top (like the old BBOS). I do like the customization Android offers - you can setup your home screens with widgets if you want in order to have at a glance info without having to go into an app. You can align your apps anyway you like (they don't snap to the next available spot on the grid). You can use 3rd party keyboards if you don't like the stock one.

- The way I use my phone, very seldom is the Z10 able to last through the day on a single charge. I normally have to plug in around 5 pm or so. On the Nexus 5, on more than one occasion I've been able to make it to the end of the day with 15% or so left. Under really heavy use though, I need to plug it in as well in the early evening.

- Apps. I don't really have to say too much on that. Whether the BB World is good enough for you will depend on your needs.

If you value the BlackBerry communication experience above all else, then the Z10 is the way to go. If you want value for money, the Nexus 5 is a well rounded device.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-18-13 10:32 AM
    Hi and welcome.
    If BlackBerry were dead like you friends say, we all (2.5 million?) wouldn't be here on CRACKBERRY!
    Get the Z10. It will be so much more amazing than what you are using now.
    I wouldn't be so foolish, in such a statement. We all would still be here if it went out of business tomorrow : community patch updates and such.

Some advice to the OP:

1. Warranties are 1yr only for BlackBerry. (unsure about Nexus 5)

2. Look in local Craigslist or Kijiji for LNIB pricing on Nexus 5/4 the cpu in the 4 is still a quad core and still gets updates. If camera quality is important with LTE then getting the 5, if not save yourself $100-200 aftermarket dollars and go for the 4; looks nicer anyway get a skin and case.

3. Regardless of the keyboards out there for Android I find myself not fully trusting them to go full out, I own an HTC One, tried the N4 2x as well. However Fleksy is the closest BlackBerry 10 like keyboard that I trust! There is another like the iPhone that offers a uniqueness with numerical keypad and direction edit buttons VERY nice and I'd say better than BB10/iOS just for this one feature.

4. Email: yes we all know android sports EAS but implementation of the support is all over the place from handset to handset and OS version shipped under or with the skins. Either way you're not going to like how it works with non treaded emails if you're used to BlackBerry. It takes an adjustment, for me personally I hate it and this'll be my 5th attempt trying android since 2.3 so I won't be trying again after downgrading to the Nexus 4(N4).

5. Ensure your provide has overlapping EDGE/HSPA if you select the N4 as signal behaviour is odd at times this devices antenna is sensitive negatively in poor or weak coverage or strength - my experience in Wind Mobile in Toronto.

All in all at the end of the day - warranty will be honored by the retailer you purchased from vs the manufacturer! That's pretty much how everybody in the industry does it save for Apple.

Most importantly it's YOUR HARD EARNED SPINACH ($!) so you choose what works best for you! Always TRY before you BUY!! Make sure you're comfortable check the Internet and written reviews for your choices.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 11:03 AM
    I think you should go for z10. in eBay u can get it for just 20000.i am using it from past 6 months. I will say no android can beat it with performance and multitasking..

Posted via CB10
    eBay? Are you sure? I did see the advertisement but I didn't trust it. Can you send me the link to the seller? Did you order yourself and is it safe? Cash-On-Delivery won't be a problem, right?

The alternative was flipkart.com but it's Rs.5k costlier than at eBay.
    12-18-13 01:53 PM
86 1234