Was only able to watch the video, with no audio. Based on what I see, the Z10 seems to best the N4 by a slight margin in most real world speed tests. OS is great, we just need work on a certain app store.

02-11-13 02:55 PM
    browser seems on par with the nexus with the nexus having a slight advantage perhaps. The rest was a toss up i think. Have to get my z10 and then i can compare them myself
    mikeo007 likes this.
    02-11-13 03:16 PM
    Really? I thought some pages seemed to load faster on the Z10, while the N4 took the slight edge in the initial pages (Mobile Verge, and Full Verge). I'm not sure if there's a status bar on Chrome like the blue bar on the BB browser, but given that we have a quad core versus dual core, BB10 looks to be doing alright.
    02-11-13 03:52 PM
    great comparison...quite close...it cracked me up that they decided to do an update while waiting for the Z10 to boot up......
    02-11-13 04:07 PM
    browser seems on par with the nexus with the nexus having a slight advantage perhaps. The rest was a toss up i think. Have to get my z10 and then i can compare them myself
    That was my feeling when I saw this the other day too.
    I suppose someone could pull out a stopwatch and compare...
    02-11-13 04:09 PM
    I previously asked if anybody wanted me to do comparison between N4 and Z10 with any website/action they wanted, but nobody answered lol...

As for the bootup speed, all I'm gonna say is that Android slows down DRASTICALLY as you use it. The Z10 doesn't seem to do that, from my use so far.

Another thing, he talks about the blue tint and the lack of responsiveness on the N4 touch screen, but he is SEVERELY understating the issue. I didn't even realize how badly the N4 screen is tinted until I put it next to my Z10 for the first time, and then an iPhone 5. It is just horrible. It looks like somebody put a piece of blue protective film on the screen permanently.

Edit: If anybody wants me to compare anything else re N4 Vs. Z10, let me know! Whether it is the screen, browser, etc. Anything...
    meltbox360 likes this.
    02-11-13 04:39 PM
    And how's the battery life on the n4 compare?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-11-13 04:41 PM
    That was my feeling when I saw this the other day too.
    I suppose someone could pull out a stopwatch and compare...

looks like on some pages the Nexus4 had the edge but on otehr pages the Z10 totally pooped on the nexus4, on app loading it loaded Angry birds at a marginal difference and its still onyl a dual core 1.5GHz over the Quad 1.5GHz, i don't know if Angry birds is fully able to use all 4 cores but its impressive to see the Z10 load over the Nexus4.

at the end of the day BlackBerry has done a pretty impressive job at building a competitive platform dispite it beign a 1.0, yeah it might need a few tweeks but its honestly a great device.

have you picked up one yet or do you not plan on it
    02-11-13 04:43 PM
    I previously asked if anybody wanted me to do comparison between N4 and Z10 with any website/action they wanted, but nobody answered lol...

As for the bootup speed, all I'm gonna say is that Android slows down DRASTICALLY as you use it. The Z10 doesn't seem to do that, from my use so far.

Another thing, he talks about the blue tint and the lack of responsiveness on the N4 touch screen, but he is SEVERELY understating the issue. I didn't even realize how badly the N4 screen is tinted until I put it next to my Z10 for the first time, and then an iPhone 5. It is just horrible. It looks like somebody put a piece of blue protective film on the screen permanently.

Edit: If anybody wants me to compare anything else re N4 Vs. Z10, let me know! Whether it is the screen, browser, etc. Anything...
    I would have loved to see that comparison...was seriously thinking of getting a N4 for my dad..I was blown away by the obvious difference in the screen quality between the N4 and the Z10...there actually is a very clear difference, especially in the warmth/color hues...
    02-11-13 04:43 PM
    Can you try the crackberry site and crackberry forums?

It's worth noting that the chrome browser is one of the worst performance wise. There's a chrome beta that's faster but I'm waiting for others to with out the problems. I'd like to see tests versus the Dolphin browser with dolphin jetpack.
    02-11-13 04:47 PM
    great comparison...quite close...it cracked me up that they decided to do an update while waiting for the Z10 to boot up......
    LOL. That was funny. Still way better than battery pull days.
    02-11-13 04:48 PM
    looks like on some pages the Nexus4 had the edge but on otehr pages the Z10 totally pooped on the nexus4, on app loading it loaded Angry birds at a marginal difference and its still onyl a dual core 1.5GHz over the Quad 1.5GHz, i don't know if Angry birds is fully able to use all 4 cores but its impressive to see the Z10 load over the Nexus4.

at the end of the day BlackBerry has done a pretty impressive job at building a competitive platform dispite it beign a 1.0, yeah it might need a few tweeks but its honestly a great device.

have you picked up one yet or do you not plan on it
    I didn't see any "total pooping" by the Z10. The only page where it had any sizable lead was the 2nd time he loaded the verge. And on that run, he missed the button on the N4, so it's a wash anyway.

I personally have very little interest in the Z10. The only way I would get one is if it were for development.

If I'm interested in any of these new phones, it's the Q10. We'll see how much they've improved the software by the time it launches...might be a worthwhile replacement for my 9900.
    02-11-13 04:58 PM
    I didn't see any "total pooping" by the Z10. The only page where it had any sizable lead was the 2nd time he loaded the verge. And on that run, he missed the button on the N4, so it's a wash anyway.

I personally have very little interest in the Z10. The only way I would get one is if it were for development.

If I'm interested in any of these new phones, it's the Q10. We'll see how much they've improved the software by the time it launches...might be a worthwhile replacement for my 9900.
    i should have been more specific when i said it i meant a BB10 device. i was in the same boat as you but the keyboard on the Z10 is just as good if not better then the one on my 9900 i can type just as fast with it i just happened to get a screen protector nd now i'm trying to get used to it lol
    02-11-13 05:07 PM
    What's the appeal for you? The keys? I've been on all-touch for seven months now and I still despise typing on glass. Z10 is nice enough, but I just don't want an all touch device.
    02-11-13 05:12 PM
    What's the appeal for you? The keys? I've been on all-touch for seven months now and I still despise typing on glass. Z10 is nice enough, but I just don't want an all touch device.
    Yup, the keys and the form factor. I like the feel of the 9900, hoping the Q10 is similar (looks like it may be top heavy, hopefully not).
    I have no issue with typing on glass, I'm just as fast on my iPhone as I am on my 9900. But I can't touch-type on a touch screen.
    I use my 9900 as a pager at work, and would probably do the same with a Q10. I spend lots of time walking down hallways and up and down stairs while replying to emails, so touch tying is a life saver sometimes (literally, it stops me from tripping and falling down the stairs).
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    02-11-13 05:16 PM
    Even on O2 at the moment in the UK with 3G the Z10 browser is super fast. Even when O2 go 4G later on this year depending on what they want to charge for it 3G is quick enough for me if the price is too high.
    02-11-13 05:18 PM
    all i can say is that the guy tryingto pinch zoom on the nexus is my all time fave tech demo moment EVER
    02-11-13 05:20 PM
    He needs to fix his screen protectors... They are driving me up the wall!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    02-11-13 08:53 PM
    He needs to fix his screen protectors... They are driving me up the wall!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    lol those arent even screen protector its the shipping film which is a good reason he could have problems moving icons around and pinching to zoom, i left mine on my Z10 for a bit and it was really gettign in the way and touch inputs were not goign through properly
    ooklah likes this.
    02-11-13 09:00 PM
    And how's the battery life on the n4 compare?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    I've only had my z10 for two days, but I'd say it's equally crappy. My (former) N4's battery usually was dead at around 7 p.m. What troubled me was that it didn't really matter whether I used it or not during the day.

The z10 does pretty much the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    02-23-13 11:19 PM