A lot of people complain about the Z's battery life, but my experience 100-3 AT&T has been on par with my old 9810 torch.

Tonight, my daughter was showing me a youtube video on her iPhone 4s and I asked her to increase the brightness as it was too dark. She had the brightness level at almost zero and I asked why as I keep mine at about 80%. She said that is what everyone does so they don't have to keep charging. I don't know if this is true or not, but she is home for the summer from college and I guess they don't have access to chargers in a lot of circumstances.

I just found it interesting because the phone was almost unviewable for the sake of battery life.

Personally the Z's battery life meets ny expectations.

BTW - rocking the latest 1880 IBFE leak.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    John Pawling and eldricho like this.
    05-18-13 09:31 PM
    Iphone sucks

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 09:32 PM
    I have friends who have iphone 'said they do the same because of their battery. Better question though why are you allowing your daughter to have an iphone.?

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    05-18-13 09:53 PM
    My z10 last longer than my iPhone 5 did

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 10:00 PM
    Dimmer screen = more battery life. True for any smartphone.
    Reduce Z10 brightness and the battery will last longer...reduce iPhone brightness and the battery will last longer...am I missing something here?
    05-18-13 10:03 PM
    Yes mikeo007 you are missing something. Of course it is true if the brightness is dimmed down you will have better battery life. The point is, many bash the BlackBerry battery life and I have mine near full brightness and hers was practically off. I can go basically a full day with normal use this way.

I could probably go 3 days with her settings.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    05-18-13 10:09 PM
    Yes mikeo007 you are missing something. Of course it is true if the brightness is dimmed down you will have better battery life. The point is, many bash the BlackBerry battery life and I have mine near full brightness and hers was practically off. I can go basically a full day with normal use this way.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    I found the battery in my z10 to be horrible. I would take my phone off the charger around 630 am, by 930 am i would find myself charging my device.

Don't kill my vibe using Tapatalk
    jrdba likes this.
    05-18-13 10:18 PM
    Sorry to her tha McFly. Have you tried returning your phone for another?

I guess I will just consider myself fortunate that my battery works as intended and expected by me

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-18-13 10:24 PM

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    You provide no frame of reference. With her brightness at 80% and your brightness at 80%, are you telling me that your phone lasts longer?

Multiple battery rundown tests have showed the Z10 to be inferior to other smartphones, including the iphone 4s that your daughter has. These tests are performed under similar conditions, including screen brightness, wifi, bluetooth, etc. The saving grace for the Z10 so far has been its removable battery.

I would say your unscientific observation with zero frame of reference is less than accurate.
    05-18-13 10:34 PM
    Dimmer screen = more battery life. True for any smartphone.
    Reduce Z10 brightness and the battery will last longer...reduce iPhone brightness and the battery will last longer...am I missing something here?
    Agree. It is especially important for iPhone users as if the battery died, they can't pop in another battery

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 10:37 PM
    Mikeo007 - did you read my post? The frame of reference was she had her display brightness at near zero. I don't think she could have dimmed it anymore to be honest.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    05-18-13 10:38 PM
    I found the battery in my z10 to be horrible. I would take my phone off the charger around 630 am, by 930 am i would find myself charging my device.

Don't kill my vibe using Tapatalk
    You could have battery issue, not the phone.
    Battery Guru app will tell you if phone draw more more than it should.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 10:40 PM
    As per other reviews, the battery life of the Z10 is on par with other devices like the GS3 or iphone 5. However, BB10 devices are doing a lot more things as you can have apps running (full process) in the background at the same time.
    05-18-13 10:43 PM
    And btw Mikeo007 - it was not a test, just an observation.

If you prefer your iPhone, I am happy for you. Enjoy it like I enjoy my Z.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    danfrancisco and jrdba like this.
    05-18-13 10:44 PM
    Mikeo007 - did you read my post? The frame of reference was she had her display brightness at near zero. I don't think she could have dimmed it anymore to be honest.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    You seem to be entirely missing my point.
    You never stated how long her battery lasted with the brightness "near zero".
    It could be lasting a week for all I know, you've failed to provide important information.

All you said was that she does it so she "doesn't have to keep charging". So what does she consider too much charging? Once a day? Once every 2 days? Does the phone die instantly when she unplugs it, unless the brightness is "near zero"? Zero frame of reference for your observations, just that her screen was set dimmer than yours, which someone translated into the iphone having poor battery life.
    05-18-13 10:48 PM
    I've never use a iphone
    but alot of my friends have them and are constantly changing them. They also have screen dimmed, my brightness is at 80% and have no trouble getting through the day.
    05-18-13 10:57 PM
    I unplug mine at 6am and by 10pm still have around 30% battery.
    This is with brightness at around 80-85%, constant checking of messages and email, some web browsing, and a couple games of Sudoku for good measure. lol

I love the Sudoku United app. It's great!
    05-18-13 11:08 PM
    Mikeo007 - like I said, it was an observation. I don't have a clue how long her phone lasts on a charge, and frankly I don't care. The point being, she felt the need to have it dimmed presumably til she got some where to charge or make it through the day. What is the point of having that, or any phone, if you can't use it to its potential?

She is living in an apartment, not a tent, so she can charge it overnight for God's sake.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    05-18-13 11:14 PM
    So without knowing how long her phone lasts on a charge, or how long she feels is too short between charges, how can you make a claim that iPhones must have dimmed screens in order to get comparable battery life to a Z10? There's no need to get edgy, in just honestly trying to understand what point your trying to make.

If you are trying to insinuate that in order for an iphone to get similar battery life to a Z10, it must have a significantly dinner screen, then I challenge that notion as it is untrue.

If you are making some sort of general statement about iphone users being worried about battery life, thus being willing to suffer through an excruciatingly dim screen, then I challenge that notion as well, since any phone user has the option to extend battery life by dimming the screen.

Lastly, if you're just trying to get your jollys and justify your phone of choice by spreading gubbins about others, then by all means carry on. That would be quite pitiful though.
    05-18-13 11:23 PM
    Mike007 is the CB crybaby who bashes and complains about BlackBerry . This guys is either a hater or an ex rim employee. Always has nothing good to say. Mike007 why are you here? You don't like BlackBerry and all you do is complain. The z10 beats my sg3 on every single metric except fart apps. The sg3 destroys the iphone5.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 11:24 PM
    Mike007 is the CB crybaby who bashes and complains about BlackBerry . This guys is either a hater or an ex rim employee. Always has nothing good to say. Mike007 why are you here? You don't like BlackBerry and all you do is complain. The z10 beats my sg3 on every single metric except fart apps. The sg3 destroys the iphone5.

Posted via CB10
    You should pick the **** out of your cornflakes before you eat them in the morning mr freelies.
    05-18-13 11:25 PM
    Lol mike007 I can read you so easily. The truth hurts. Your intentions are transparent.

Posted via CB10
    mikeo007 likes this.
    05-18-13 11:28 PM
    Lol mike007 I can read you so easily. The truth hurts. Your intentions are transparent.

Posted via CB10
    Yes of course. But wasn't I a paid shill last time you graced us with your wisdom? Why the sudden change of heart? You better get your stories straight, or your credibility around here is just going to hit rock bottom...although I guess you're already down there.
    05-18-13 11:37 PM
    Everyone please chill - there's no reason to fight over screen brightness. We are all civilized citizens here and let's not fight over little things. Whatever brightness one chooses is his / her preference. Very dim settings ain't good for the eyes under prolonged usage and could lead to all kinds of corneal problems later on in life and vice versa when it's too bright so let's settle in the middle shall we? Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    ghundiraj likes this.
    05-18-13 11:57 PM
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.1880 is now more way better than previous versions of os10 for z10. I don't have any complaints about the battery life now. I'm not trying to get or lure you to load leaked os... im just trying to inform you people that blackberry os really have chances to preserve battery life.

Posted via (CB)
    05-19-13 12:06 AM
27 12