Hi All,

For the past two days my volume rocker and power buttons will stop working.

If I hold the power button down the device switches off.

When I switch the device on again the buttons are operational again.

The voice control button work when the volume rocker and power buttons are not working.

Has anyone experienced the same problem - if so have they found out what is causing it?

Quite irritating when you can't lock your phone.

I haven't tried adjusting the volume on a call when the buttons are not operational.

Help please!

Thanks,

Mike

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 06:31 AM
    I have just tested to see if the volume rocker works when watch a video - this worked but as soon as I am out of the video the volume rockers are not working.

The power button did not lock device in the video.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 06:37 AM
    Are you still having this issue? The volume during phone calls on my Z10 was so low I could hardly hear the person I was talking to. I started playing around with the volume keys and saw that hitting the up volume key did nothing. The down key brought up the icon of a speaker with dots to indicate audio level. I took the volume down to almost zero, then the up key would not work to bring the volume back up.

Finally... I pressed really hard and the up key activated the speaker icon and the volume went up. It does work, but I have to press it several times, then press hard to get it to react. I'm wondering if it is a software issue, or a hardware problem with the button. I've had my Z about a month now and since it is my "home" phone, I haven't used it extensively so am just discovering this little quirk. The buttons on my Q work as you would expect volume keys to work, easy press up or down and the volume adjusts perfectly.
    06-15-13 07:51 PM
    Just got my problem solved in another thread. There is a setting in Hub++ to use the Up Volume Key for another function that was turned on. Turning it off removed any conflict with the volume up working as it should. So happy not to have to send my phone back!
    06-15-13 08:24 PM