Hi all,

Has anyone with the Z10 found Viber app in the app world? If not, would a ported version work on the Z10? (until Viber actually release the full VOIP app as native)
    02-04-13 10:39 AM
    No one?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 12:05 AM
    No one?
    Viber has already said that they're working on an app for BlackBerry 10. It's not out yet and they haven't committed to a date.

Write to Viber and tell them that you can't wait for the BlackBerry 10 app.
    02-13-13 12:49 AM
    Viber has already said that they're working on an app for BlackBerry 10. It's not out yet and they haven't committed to a date.
    Write to Viber and tell them that you can't wait for the BlackBerry 10 app.
    I think Viber has been saying this for a while that they are developing an app for BB 10. Looking at how long they've been saying this, I think it'd be a long while. When they say, 'coming soon', it probably means 'coming in several months'!
    02-13-13 12:54 AM
    I think Viber has been saying this for a while that they are developing an app for BB 10. Looking at how long they've been saying this, I think it'd be a long while. When they say, 'coming soon', it probably means 'coming in several months'!
    Yes, it's probably going to be months. Still, worth writing to them.

Also, they have actually released an app for BlackBerry 7.1 and lower and appear to be working on improving it. As an upstart, I don't think they have the luxury of being lazy (like Skype for instance).
    02-13-13 12:59 AM
    Yes, it's probably going to be months. Still, worth writing to them.

Also, they have actually released an app for BlackBerry 7.1 and lower and appear to be working on improving it. As an upstart, I don't think they have the luxury of being lazy (like Skype for instance).
    Yes, which is why I think Viber as a company may not succeed. By making their full featured app available at BB 10 launch, they could have stolen (some) thunder from established players like WhatsApp and Skype. Clearly, they are slow and not savvy enough.
    02-13-13 01:02 AM
    Agree with the sentiment. Think it ill send them a link to this thread and ask about the progress. I bet they will say: we are working on an app.... their standard twitter reply. My original question was if anyone had ported the Android version and got some of the features working?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 10:21 PM
    The app they released for the older bb's was just texting.We weren't able to make calls. Anyways I sent them an email and have yet to get a response, other than a confirmation that they received my email. I also sent whatsapp a few tweets and didn't get a response either. I suggest everyone take a few minutes and contact them. This is unacceptable that we have yet to receive alot of the major apps, and I'm not blaming BlackBerry one bit at all.
    02-13-13 10:44 PM