Nothing keeps its value like Apple products. Just look at old bb products, you can't even give those away for free.
    I will take a Bold 9900 free any day. People want $200+ for a used one.

Poetry in Motion
    12-16-13 10:54 AM
    The Z10 are getting cheaper; however, its usage value is increasing. That's what happen to me. I now have more use for my Z10 than when I first bought it.

Posted via CB10
    Speedygi and BBUniq01 like this.
    12-17-13 02:19 PM
    If you bought a piece of technology for its ever-lasting value then you made the wrong investment.

-Chris-
    anon(5928073) and Irish Blues like this.
    12-17-13 02:32 PM
    If anyone wants to trade their "worthless" z10 for my lumia 920 feel free to PM me hehe.

Ps: the worthless thing is a joke haha... I want one...
    12-17-13 04:27 PM
    Somewhere, on some other forum, I wonder if someone who bought a Motorola 120 some 10+ years ago for $129 is complaining about how it has no resale value today.
    SnoozerBold and anon(5928073) like this.
    12-17-13 05:31 PM
    Apple has created this thinking in us that every phone has to have that same level of resale value as the iPhone to be deemed as a successful product, which is of course bullocks...

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 10:12 PM
    Apple has created this thinking in us that every phone has to have that same level of resale value as the iPhone to be deemed as a successful product, which is of course bullocks...

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it is Apple. I would think most people would naturally want their non-iDevices to retain add much value as possible.

My old phones (plus accessories) have defrayed the cost of my new ones 100% the past two or three cycles. That isn't bad for my purposes. I don't get as much value as iPhone users, and resale value had nothing to do with my smartphone purchase decisions, but it's a benefit for me.
    bobauckland likes this.
    12-17-13 10:18 PM
    I see where you are coming from. Apple's products have great resale value but with that comes a side thing where people are reselling iPhones to make a profit...which is a whole new argument at this point.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 11:39 PM
    I see where you are coming from. Apple's products have great resale value but with that comes a side thing where people are reselling iPhones to make a profit...which is a whole new argument at this point.

Posted via CB10
    I think Apple's stuff is too pricey to begin with. I mean, come on... LOL.

But if people are willing to pay, I guess it's not overpriced. And yes, there is a black market for Apple products. Crazy. One drawback is your iPhone is more likely to be stolen too.
    12-17-13 11:45 PM
    I can't believe people are trying to say a device retaining it's value is anything but a good thing.
    Let's be honest, who on earth wants their purchases to depreciate more than similar purchases other people make?
    And people say apple brainwashes their users...

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 02:18 AM
    The Z10 was indeed overpriced (overvalued) at launch. The steep price discount and carriers not wanting to sell Z30 because of dismal sales of Z10 is enough proof. Heck, the Z30 is also overpriced as it has 2012 hardware. As for the Q, the high price at launch IMO punished loyal users as the company knows they have no other keyboard options for BB10. All 3 models were clearly overvalued market wise at launch. The title of this thread tome was referring to price, not the subjective value of users.
    100% agree. The root cause of BlackBerry failure is their Pricing Strategy.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    12-18-13 02:33 AM
    To be honest all phones are overpriced, much like Football players, or any sport celebrity, I have had the Apple 5c in my hand and laughed, but the market dictates the price due to demand, the z10 is a fantastic phone that at the current price is a complete absolute steal, the only reason is the demand is not great, if for some reason a z10 becomes a phone in demand and stocks starts to dwindle then the price obviously will go up, supply and demand,
    If you look at the amount of issues that Apple 5c , the new Apple OS system has had compared to the Blackberry 10 and z10 or any of the 10 family you will see that Blackberry quality is superior , but right now Apple could sell a pile of horse manure and people would line up to purchase it, just good marketing on their part,
    This is were Blackberry has failed miserably is their marketing , and this how not to market a product especially when it's that good
    12-18-13 03:47 AM
    100% agree. The root cause of BlackBerry failure is their Pricing Strategy.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Agree, especially with the Q5. As the 'entry level' qwerty BB 10 device, that should have been priced to be a natural post-Curve choice for the key �100 budget / teen market. When you look at what hardware the likes of Huawei, ZTE, Nokia and and Motorola offer at that price band there is simply no excuse for Blackberry to be asking �300 for the Q5.
    12-18-13 04:08 AM
    I resign myself that practically all consumer electronic goods will depreciate massively as soon as you take them out of the box, to 50% within the first few months, and practically zero after a couple of years. which is why I won't buy a mobile phone over 200 pounds. Even if an iPhone depreciates a little less than most, its % depreciation of an already high starting price is too much to throw away. I could would rather pick up a brand new Z10 rather that a year old used and abused iPhone.

Sent from my BlackBerry
    12-18-13 04:48 AM
    To be honest all phones are overpriced, much like Football players, or any sport celebrity, I have had the Apple 5c in my hand and laughed, but the market dictates the price due to demand, the z10 is a fantastic phone that at the current price is a complete absolute steal, the only reason is the demand is not great, if for some reason a z10 becomes a phone in demand and stocks starts to dwindle then the price obviously will go up, supply and demand,
    If you look at the amount of issues that Apple 5c , the new Apple OS system has had compared to the Blackberry 10 and z10 or any of the 10 family you will see that Blackberry quality is superior , but right now Apple could sell a pile of horse manure and people would line up to purchase it, just good marketing on their part,
    This is were Blackberry has failed miserably is their marketing , and this how not to market a product especially when it's that good
    In the free economy, real value represent by price that will be accepted by the market. And the value also effected with opportunity cost by competitor products.

And the market has spoken, with z10 price at launching not accepted by market. It is a flop. The market sees that the price is nit worth the value.

Then we can said Z10 is overpriced at launching.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 05:49 AM
    I resign myself that practically all consumer electronic goods will depreciate massively as soon as you take them out of the box, to 50% within the first few months, and practically zero after a couple of years. which is why I won't buy a mobile phone over 200 pounds. Even if an iPhone depreciates a little less than most, its % depreciation of an already high starting price is too much to throw away. I could would rather pick up a brand new Z10 rather that a year old used and abused iPhone.

Sent from my BlackBerry
    Yes, every consuner products will be depreciated. But it is not the main point.

The main factor is maximizing satisfaction with our money spent.

Are we satisfied we the purchase of Mercedes, even after it price depreciate.

Is it trouble with initial version 10.0, battery problem maximize satisfaction to BlackBerry buyer at launching?

If BlackBerry set lower price at launching, their customer will lower their expexted satisfaction and not return it?

I think we all kniw the answer of this questions.

Price ia just a tools to represent customera perceived value of a product.

Posted via CB10
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    12-18-13 05:58 AM
    There are some slick deals on Ebay for the Z10...and for used ones in mint condition, with bundles, etc...

Many people in the World should be getting this phone in their hands somehow.

Posted via The Loch Ness Z30
    For over $200. I keep an eye out for it hoping to buy one for my daughter at a low price. No dice.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10
    12-18-13 07:15 AM
    I don't think it is Apple. I would think most people would naturally want their non-iDevices to retain add much value as possible.

My old phones (plus accessories) have defrayed the cost of my new ones 100% the past two or three cycles. That isn't bad for my purposes. I don't get as much value as iPhone users, and resale value had nothing to do with my smartphone purchase decisions, but it's a benefit for me.
    I sold my Bold 9900 on Ebay for $200 while my coworker with her iPhone 4 (and cracked screen that was repaired ) could not get over $100 for it. There are too many iPhones out there and a lot of them have had cracked screens repaired. That would make me leery of buying a used one.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10
    12-18-13 07:20 AM
    For over $200. I keep an eye out for it hoping to buy one for my daughter at a low price. No dice.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10
    Pay attention to deals, I've noticed a few bundles that have basically new (mint) Z10s with free shipping for low 200s.

Here's a VZW one for example...
    http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=251400967326

Posted via The Loch Ness Z30
    12-18-13 07:31 AM
119 ... 345