119 ... 2345
tools
    IPhone 4 is worth more than the z10.

PIN: 24E33C29
    Ok great. What's your point?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-15-13 09:40 AM
    I bought mine outright on launch day. Paid full price. I regret nothing, I've been using it since I got it and I love using it. Even bought one of those Tempered Glass protector from MIME glass to protect the phone and a spare battery. EVen a few cases, which sadly I don't use anymore since its not compatible with the Blackberry holster.
    12-15-13 10:51 AM
    I wouldn't give away my phone to anyone.... I can if I get a brand new BlackBerry again

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 11:02 AM
    CPW were selling them for 159 (149 as a PAYG upgrade) though the web site now shows them out of stock. You might be able to find one in a store though (you can ring them up to check). No point paying the 189 SIM Free price as the PAYG ones from CPW come unlocked anyway.
    BlackBerry Z10 pay as you go deals and upgrade offers from 159.95 | The Carphone Warehouse
    12-15-13 11:08 AM
    There are UK websites like...
    http://m.mazumamobile.com/
    http://www.envirofone.com/en-gb?gcli...FW_MtAod-AgAZg
    That pay you peanuts for your phone only to probably resell them at a quick profit.
    Attachment 229969
    Posted from my Z30 via the CB app
    You'd be a fool to use those web sites when CeX are paying 98 cash / 140 trade-in for a Grade A (as new) Z10. Guess those rates will drop soon though.
    12-15-13 11:14 AM
    Back in February this device was worth over 500. Now it's not even worth 90!

It is just as valuable to me now as the day I bought it! That is the only thing that matters is how it is valued by their owners, no one else.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    12-15-13 11:42 AM
    That brings me to my other point (long winded, I know). Windows Phone has taken over the third spot - I am currently switching between the 920 and one of the Kijiji Z10's we grabbed. It's easy to see why Windows phones are increasing market share with using the Lumia for a while. The app situation is better, the OS is super, super smooth (even on low end hardware), and the Microsoft account integration is a plus. The Z10 (and BlackBerry 10) does have some great features - the Hub is top-notch, and the OS is really quite good now that 10.2 has dropped (I am looking forward to what's around the corner with the BB10 OS, especially if the rumors about the easy Android app usage are indeed true). But when you can grab low cost Windows Phones for around 100 bucks and get a great experience, and the Z10 (and other BB devices) are selling for much more, it's hard to justify the expense on the BlackBerry devices. I know others have commented that they should have made (or should make) a very cheap BB10 device to go after emerging markets like MS and Nokia have done. It's a strategy that seems to be working for them - I wonder if it's even possible to go that route with BB10?
    The phone that should have been priced to compete with the likes of the lower end Lumias is the Q5 yet the off contract price is way too high for what it offers especially since it'been on the market for a while now. I agree with your comments on WP8 ... it's a very good and smooth phone OS. I'm hoping that one day third and fourth phone spots become one and two ... WP8 and BB10 phones offer a lot more than most people realise versus the established competition.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 11:52 AM
    I get a new phone every 2 years or so as that's what Rogers upgrade policy is.. After 2 years is that device really worth anything anyways? Technology is outdated very fast.. the Z10 has been out for about a year now and it still competes with phones today.. I think we'll see some beefed up hardware this year,
    12-15-13 12:52 PM
    That's the difference between perceived value and actual value. A 2 generations old iPhone 4s new price is double that of a Z10 in the UK right now, and the Z10 is arguably a far better phone.

Posted via CB10
    Yes there is. With iPhone you get more than just the phone.
    12-15-13 02:04 PM
    Iphones are more like status symbols. People are worried about their image. More of a fashion piece than a smartphone...

Posted via The Loch Ness Z30
    clickitykeys and bspence87 like this.
    12-15-13 02:49 PM
    Iphones are more like status symbols. People are worried about their image. More of a fashion piece than a smartphone...

It's good to be different.
    Now that I have to carry around an iPhone again, I feel so ordinary.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.1055, STL100-3 10.2.1.1055
    12-15-13 02:55 PM
    If the Q10 ever drops to 100-150 I will probably buy two.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 02:57 PM
    I have Z30, my dad has Q10....if I can't sell my Z10 bundle for at least $200, it will serve as a great backup and/or out of town phone.

12-15-13 05:50 PM
    Ok great. What's your point?

Posted via CB10
    Point is, the 4s came out 2 yrs ago, the z10 less than 1 year. By summer next year the z30 will be worth as much as the 4s and z10 worth as much as my old Nokia 3310. Doesn't take away the fact it's an amazing phone but the fact that some of us are still paying high monthly cost on our tariffs kind of pi**es me off personaly.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 06:24 PM
    Most tech does go down in price after six or so months of release - probably to make room for all the new goodies soon to come. Yeah, they were pretty pricey on release, probably a bit on the steep side for the average person to fork out for if they wanted to purchase one outright. Keeping in mind too, the concept of "worth" - people will pay what they consider something is worth, and this worth is generally relative. I'm happy, because I got mine after about the 10 month period at an absolute steal (or what I would consider so). In my mind, I wasn't robbed - if anything I feel like I robbed THEM! No remorse though...
    12-15-13 06:45 PM
    IPhone 4 is worth more than the z10.
    So, which one would you rather buy. An old expensive phone that crawls on iOS7, or a new one that runs with BB10?
    12-15-13 06:53 PM
    I bought mine the week it came out and extended my contract. So it cost more than on a new contract but less than full price.
    It doesn't bother me what the phones are going for now. I feel I got my money's worth and I still am because I love this phone and don't plan on upgrading for a while.
    So to me retail value of an electronic product 10 months after launch mean nothing to me. I'm satisfied with the phone.
    Also, everyone must know the electronics drop in price with new 'upgraded' versions coming out all the time. It's just part of the game. Especially with smart phones. Some depreciate quicker than others but that's just how it is. If you have a z10 and like it I don't see a reason to be upset. If you bought a Z10 when it came out and didn't like it you should have sold it a lot sooner to gain back as much money as you can.

Posted with my BlackBerry Z10 running 10.2 via CB10
    hellomarty likes this.
    12-15-13 07:03 PM
    You do realize those recycle websites pay you next to nothing. They're the biggest scam running.
    I keep my old BB devices in the closet in case I lose my phone (hopefully never happens).
    12-15-13 08:23 PM

I'm a teacher in a relatively affluent area. The kids there don't even know that any other phone exists. It is a huge status thing there.

Kids there don't even realize that just over a decade ago, Apple was saved by anti-trust lawyers breathing down Microsoft's neck. Who knows if they would have even made it to the iPod without those lawyers (and Microsoft's prop up money). Back when I was school, we laughed at the Macs.

Even Samsungs are for the "lesser" people there. I'm sure something else will be cool soon though, no tech lasts on top for too long.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 10:09 PM
    I think the launch of the Z30 effectively pushed the value of the Z10 further down. For example in Malaysia, the Z10 is now hovering around 900+MYR for STL 100-2 off contract. It was launched at retail for double the amount and that was the STL100-1 (which i previously bought in March '13). I was fortunate to sell it off without loss.

Value of a device also depends on your usage, if you're not getting the most out of your phone regardless you will feel like you overpaid for it. I took the money from the Z10, plus cashing in my Torch 9800 and got myself a Z30.
    12-16-13 02:56 AM
    Who cares about the value until if you're going to be using this thing until it dies or you're ready to upgrade.

I love my phone as it gets my job done on a day to day basis, don't really care if value goes up or down. Just my 2 cents.

Posted via my Z10 keyboard!
    12-16-13 02:59 AM
    This is the problem with depending on the value of the phone only, and not adding in services to keep making money like BIS.
    The BB10 phones were never going to be worth the starting price to anyone but fanatics.
    I bought one at launch in the UK, close to 500 quid.
    Saw the bottom dropping out and sold for 250, which was still a massive hit, about 4 months later.
    Bought a Q once it had dropped in price for about 400 quid.
    I'd never buy another BlackBerry new, the depreciation is too steep. Simply put, they're not worth what the company is asking for them.
    The worst part is, they're worth way more than 150 new, yet due to the awful launch prices and how BB10 fared, that's where they're now priced. There's no way a new Z10 should cost 100 quid less than a new 9900. Yet it does.
    12-16-13 03:21 AM
    I have Z30, my dad has Q10....if I can't sell my Z10 bundle for at least $200, it will serve as a great backup and/or out of town phone.

I'm waiting for the white Q to drop in price on the blackberry website. I'm hoping it will in the next few days.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 03:21 AM
    Back in February this device was worth over 500. Now it's not even worth 90!

And? Do you buy devices based on their resale value or something?
    togarika likes this.
    12-16-13 03:40 AM
    I guess Oscar WIlde summed a few posters up with his famous saying “A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing”.
    Personally as an inveterate gadget swapper, I like the price dropping on devices which don't register a hit with the masses, as it means I get to own them for much less money whilst appreciating their full value for what they can actually do. Prime examples are my current daily communicator (BB Q10) and media phone (WP8 Samsung Ativ S) which were obtained in "as new" condition for around a third of their original price, all because they were spurned by the fashionistas despite (in my opinion) being superb, best in class, machines.
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    12-16-13 06:58 AM
119 ... 2345