any chance of getting the z30 at this price??
    12-14-13 04:18 PM
    It doesn't help that BlackBerry just got done selling unlocked GSM Z10s for $200, with free shipping. Mine's been shipped, but hasn't arrived as yet.
    12-14-13 04:19 PM
    this thread is only here to bait, first two posts give that away... besides that obvious point, market value has nothing to do with quality
    I am not baiting anyone. I always felt the price was too high at launch and I always said it. Both for the Z and the Q. And I am not the only person who said that. Reports of the price drop and commentary that the price was too high were everywhere, including on CB. Here are two reports noting the price cut. Obviously it was priced too high at launch.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Best-...-to-49_id45266

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...10-prices.html

I paid cash for my Z just like the majority of my BlackBerries. One day after launch day. Full price.
    12-14-13 05:10 PM
    The faithful get screwed, some loyal, BB, fans purchased the Playbook for a Grand! I just paid 150.00 for 64g. BB always tried to "get one over" on the consumer, start high then lower when demand tanks. Most people on this site fall into this category. And we always come back for more. This is one of many reasons why BB is failing miserably.
    12-14-13 05:22 PM
    I am not baiting anyone. I always felt the price was too high at launch and I always said it. Both for the Z and the Q.
    The Z10 was indeed overpriced (overvalued) at launch. The steep price discount and carriers not wanting to sell Z30 because of dismal sales of Z10 is enough proof. Heck, the Z30 is also overpriced as it has 2012 hardware. As for the Q, the high price at launch IMO punished loyal users as the company knows they have no other keyboard options for BB10. All 3 models were clearly overvalued market wise at launch. The title of this thread tome was referring to price, not the subjective value of users.
    LordDraco likes this.
    12-14-13 05:30 PM
    There's no extensive equation here. Low popularity equals low value. The market decides that. Based on my readings here the device seems reasonably valuable to those that have a Z10 but not to the people that don't have one. Those are the ones that determine the aftermarket value.

For me it's a like hate relationship. Like a lot of the features in 10.2 and looking forward to 10.2.1 which is the OS that it should have been launched with. The marketing was a flop, the launch was a flop and sales have been a flop as well as features from legacy devices that many expected to be there that werent.

The company wrote the book on early day smartphones, they were the world power and they ran the company into the ground. I hope they can recover. Either way people shouldn't be surprised at bottom values not should they bothered by them. If the value is a value to the user then that's all that matters. Resales value isn't an issue if you want to keep it.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-14-13 05:40 PM
    I bought one too at the $200 price. They sold out quickly. I'm still waiting for confirmation that mine has been shipped. I don't think they were prepared for the volume of orders that they received at such a low price.
    12-14-13 06:05 PM
    Ive paid 579eur for mine in August and the price is still the same here in Lithuania. Iphone 5s costs the same )

Posted via Z10 from Lithuania
    12-14-13 06:10 PM
    Idk where you're from but in dallas I can get a Z10 any where from 200-300 tops.

I sold my mom's Iphone 4 for 100 dollars. If you can get a Z10 for 90 please let me know where I need to buy

Posted via CB10
    There are UK websites like...

http://m.mazumamobile.com/

http://www.envirofone.com/en-gb?gcli...FW_MtAod-AgAZg

That pay you peanuts for your phone only to probably resell them at a quick profit.

Z10 Value after 10 months-img_00000092.png

Posted from my Z30 via the CB app
    12-14-13 06:23 PM
    Phones don't increase in resell value - they are depreciating assets like cars, with a few exceptions in cars.

I have to keep selling my iPhones before the new model is released. I do this because until the 5 series, I pretty much knew the iPhone will be old for what I need it to do or what I do with it. That's the way to maximize the resell price.

I have since learned from the days of buying really expensive phones, with the most $ being the unlocked Nokia E90 years ago ($1200+), to keep phone purchases around the $200. Luckily, I've been able to pick up the Z10 on the $199 deal and the Q10 here in Thailand for around $300. Seriously, if you spend $200, you can only "lose" $200, vs. just released prices for current high end smart phones for $600-$700+. These two blackberries are the best bang for my buck in recent purchases. I'm glad I waited for major price drops/fire sale or whatever you want to call it. I feel it's what they should cost, and I can afford to continue to upgrade in 2-3 years.

Main reason for iPhone 5s: camera is just unbeatable. I've had the iPhone 5 (sold), Samsung Galaxy Note 2(gave to mom) and now Z10, Q10.

Phones are like buying well made shoes. Just get the best fit/comfort and the price paid will feel great over the years to come. I have shoes that have lasted me almost 10 years, still look great because I rotate several pairs, and are very comfortable! When the time comes, I just need to resole them, like replacing batteries in phones. $1500/20 years...
    12-14-13 06:42 PM
    I'm holding on to mine as long as I can. But I have to sell either my Z or Q to get an iPhone for work bc they're no longer supporting BBs. So annoyed. I will hate using ios again.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.1055, STL100-3 10.2.1.1055
    What kind of job would require you to sell your own BYOD for the device of their choice?

If my employer told me I had to have an iPhone (or any device not of my choosing), I'd use the one they provide me. I know it's not always that easy, but you've got an awful employer.

I bought one of the $200 Z10's. In my area, close to KW, they are low $200's second hand on Kijiji. Outside of KW, they're still closer to $250 - $300.

The first Z10 I owned, I paid $350 (each, in a pair). I sold it a week later at $400. Considering that was about 6 months ago, $150 drop is not awful.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 08:03 PM
    I bought Z10 on Day one. Paid $150 on 3 year contract. I would not get much for my Z10 today. But this does not matter because I like this phone a lot. I just regret that I cannot get z30 now which I like even more!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-14-13 08:24 PM
    My friend just sold hers on EBay for $250. I might be tempted to buy one for my daughter if it is $90. I love my Z10 and it was worth the $199 I had out down with T-Mobile. No regrets at all.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10
    12-14-13 09:24 PM
    Just bought a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger for $1.49. Less than 3 minutes later I can't give this crap away. Talk about losing value quickly. I'll probably just flush it down the toilet tomorrow.

But seriously, if you fear depreciation or a reduction in value, tech is not the investment you should try.
    mf1982, bungaboy and 00stryder like this.
    12-14-13 09:56 PM
    Where are you getting $90 from? I'd like to know cause I'll buy a few of them for $90.

Looking for the real vijik. Q10
    you and me both!
    12-14-13 10:18 PM
    I hunk the first post was bait/rubbish.

I can't find a z10 in the UK for less than the equivalent of 250 USD.
    12-14-13 11:03 PM
    I think probably only the iPhone has a good resale value...and probably Samsung phones, but that's about it...I certainly don't care if my Z10 depreciates in price after 10 months...I like how the phone runs and I think it does run pretty well other than a few glitches with Android sideloads.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 11:10 PM
    As stated earlier, value is a perception of the owner.
    If I buy something I need for 200$ and later it's worth 100$ it's a value to me cause I wanted it at the time of purchase.

Sure the BlackBerry Z10 was over priced when it came out, ALL electronics are pumped up when first released. BUT once I saw the Z10 being demonstrated I wanted it... and I still want this phone.

Post via my Z10!
    Last edited by cdnynot; 12-15-13 at 01:59 AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-14-13 11:25 PM
    If it was $90 in Canada I'd probably buy at least 8 of them just cause
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-15-13 12:58 AM
    There are some slick deals on Ebay for the Z10...and for used ones in mint condition, with bundles, etc...

Many people in the World should be getting this phone in their hands somehow.

Posted via The Loch Ness Z30
    12-15-13 05:38 AM
    What kind of job would require you to sell your own BYOD for the device of their choice?

If my employer told me I had to have an iPhone (or any device not of my choosing), I'd use the one they provide me. I know it's not always that easy, but you've got an awful employer.

I bought one of the $200 Z10's. In my area, close to KW, they are low $200's second hand on Kijiji. Outside of KW, they're still closer to $250 - $300.

The first Z10 I owned, I paid $350 (each, in a pair). I sold it a week later at $400. Considering that was about 6 months ago, $150 drop is not awful.

Posted via CB10
    It's not a requirement but I need the flexibility to be connected to work when I'm not at my desk. It's obviously a personal choice but I need the flexibility so I've now got to carry an iPhone. I will switch between the Z and the iPhone so I can get my BB fix. My hope is that they change their mind in the near future.
    12-15-13 06:25 AM
    Hey Folks - after I was on my third Z10 in four months (a bad charger that fried the motherboard on a brand new Z10 bought last February, and a hard brick that rendered one replacement phone unusable), I picked up a used Lumia 920 in July to use as my daily driver and gave the third Z10 to my son. He has since moved on to a Galaxy S4 after he dropped that Z10 and cracked the screen (he was eligible for an upgrade but he elected to go with the Galaxy due to apps and the woeful Z10 battery life). While he was debating what to do with the phone, I looked into the cost of repairing or replacing. It is actually cheaper to pick up a used Z10 on Kijiji and unlock it than to get the screen repaired. In fact, our company has decided to pick up a couple of spare phones off Kijiji to have in case of issues with other phones. With the prices they are selling for on Kijiji (as low as $150, fully working, almost BNIB in NS), it makes sense!

That brings me to my other point (long winded, I know). Windows Phone has taken over the third spot - I am currently switching between the 920 and one of the Kijiji Z10's we grabbed. It's easy to see why Windows phones are increasing market share with using the Lumia for a while. The app situation is better, the OS is super, super smooth (even on low end hardware), and the Microsoft account integration is a plus. The Z10 (and BlackBerry 10) does have some great features - the Hub is top-notch, and the OS is really quite good now that 10.2 has dropped (I am looking forward to what's around the corner with the BB10 OS, especially if the rumors about the easy Android app usage are indeed true). But when you can grab low cost Windows Phones for around 100 bucks and get a great experience, and the Z10 (and other BB devices) are selling for much more, it's hard to justify the expense on the BlackBerry devices. I know others have commented that they should have made (or should make) a very cheap BB10 device to go after emerging markets like MS and Nokia have done. It's a strategy that seems to be working for them - I wonder if it's even possible to go that route with BB10?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by hoovermac; 12-15-13 at 08:03 AM.
    12-15-13 06:57 AM
    I just sold my Bold 9900 for $160 and bought a Z10 for $200 last week. All on Kijiji in Edmonton Canada.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 08:41 AM
    The OP corrected himself. What he had meant to say was 90 Pounds, which is about $150 US

Posted via CB10
    $150 USD? I cant seem to find one for less than $220 CAD ($210USD) in used condition and they disappear surprisingly quick. I wish BB sold them unlocked to Canadians for cheap.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-15-13 09:31 AM
    Back in February this device was worth over 500. Now it's not even worth 90!

PIN: 24E33C29
    You won't buy mine off of me for double the original price! Love my Z10
    12-15-13 09:39 AM
119 12345