HI I am planning to buy unlocked Z10 from Singapore , will i be able to use it just like the one if i had bought from India . Does the software updates work . Does all the network services work ? .. The map my india app is free is india so can i use it if i buy the phone from abroad . Are all the languages supported like hindi , bengali in the singapore bought phone . thank u
    03-11-13 05:25 AM
    Hi to all. Well I purchased unlocked Z10 last week in India and I am on Airtel. 1st updated to .58. By now10.0.10.82 update was out. But manually it was indicating that my OS is upto date. I was closely reading comments on different sites suggesting alternate method to update to latest OS 10.0.10.82. Tried all methods, the one which worked is... remove your SIM card first ( most important ) connect to wifi. Manually chech for update.... WOW you get notification for update to 10.0.10.82 which is about 89 mb. Just update. GOOD LUCK.
    03-11-13 05:50 AM
    HI I am planning to buy unlocked Z10 from Singapore , will i be able to use it just like the one if i had bought from India . Does the software updates work . Does all the network services work ? .. The map my india app is free is india so can i use it if i buy the phone from abroad . Are all the languages supported like hindi , bengali in the singapore bought phone . thank u
    I bought an unlocked Z10 in Singapore with Starhub. While M1 has pushed the update there is no sign of any updates with Starhub yet. I called the Starhub cus care and I was told I will receive the update only by end of this week. So no, the updates are no smooth in Singapore as well. But I hope it gets better and BB fixes this.
    03-11-13 05:55 AM
    Ravi u will have to check that the Singapore model u are buying is stl100-1 or not. If it is stl100-1 then u will be able to get the updates here in india otherwise u will need a sim card of the carrier who Is pushing the updates for that particular model which u will buy from Singapore. But since it is now available in india why are you going for the Singapore model.
    As far as Mapmyindia is concerned, it is either locked to the model stl100-1 which has been launched in india or the serial nos. Of the handsets being sent to India by BlackBerry, that is not confirmed.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 05:58 AM
    Got the update today. M on airtel india. Now it stands at 10.0.10.82. Normal OTA update, no fancy tricks.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 06:19 AM
    I got the update notification today and Z10 has updated to 10.0.10.82
    03-11-13 07:35 AM
    Guys has anyone tried the bbm voice or video calls

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 09:05 AM
    Ravi u will have to check that the Singapore model u are buying is stl100-1 or not. If it is stl100-1 then u will be able to get the updates here in india otherwise u will need a sim card of the carrier who Is pushing the updates for that particular model which u will buy from Singapore. But since it is now available in india why are you going for the Singapore model.
    As far as Mapmyindia is concerned, it is either locked to the model stl100-1 which has been launched in india or the serial nos. Of the handsets being sent to India by BlackBerry, that is not confirmed.

Posted via CB10
    STL100-1 The one launched in India, is that Lte capable like stl100-2?
    03-11-13 10:25 AM
    Well, i have a Z10 (STL 100-2) , purchased from UK & using it here in India on vodafone.
    Finally, yesterday i connected it to Link and it said theres an update to 10.0.10.90, but doing a backup keeps failing with LINK , then i finally did a backup on my mac (3GB backup). But then the update keep failing..

i finally DID the Autoload 10.0.10.261 from HERE
    It was as simple and downloading the file & running it, with my phone connected. (Windows only)
    15Mins later, i had a fresh install of 10.0.10.261.

Battery life & increased now. After 6 hours of heavy usage, i still had 42% Battery left. This is with 3G on all the time & 4 Emails getting pulled, contacts syncing, facebook, twitter, SMS, some browsing.

WARNING: It does not work on the Indian version STL 100-1. I tried it & screwed up a phone. The indian STL 100-1 version just kept failing & then the Mobile Network got greyed out & you could not get network after that.
    fermanagh likes this.
    03-11-13 10:28 AM
    Nope no lte for stl100-1

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 10:28 AM
    Have used BBM voice in past extensively to call my wife when I was in US some time back on os7 devices and saved a lot of money. Yet to try BBM video though.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 11:29 AM
    How do I make a bbm voice call on BlackBerry Z10 I can't find any option to do so

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 11:42 AM
    It can be done only between 2 BBM contacts if they are both on wifi (os7) . In case if z10 you can also use cellular

If any of you contact has z10 and has enabled BBM voice you will automatically see the icon on right top. Or even a o's7 device and is in wifi zone.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 12:06 PM
    Nope no lte for stl100-1

Posted via CB10
    Fair Enough! I don't think we Indians will ever be able to use any LTE device.. 2300 MHz? C'mon! Are there any devices out yet running on this band? May be Micromax or Karbon
    03-11-13 02:46 PM
    Thank you for the reply . I am buying from singapore because it is much cheaper there . So as long as i buy stl 100-1 i can use it just like the one in India . I use the map here in Bangalore a lot , so it will be handy . I had a terrible experience with my iphone 3g coz i could never update the software since it was jailbroken and bought from UK . However in singapore i suppose they are selling unlocked ones for z10 .
    03-11-13 11:49 PM
    Hi,

I updated my OS to 10.0.10.82 , since then I am facing an issue with BBM. While I am able to send images and voice notes on BBM, I am unable to receive any, and the error "transfer encountered an error". Has anyone seen similar issues or know of any resolution for the same?
    03-12-13 12:00 AM
    I have a Z 10 bought in India.
    The latest update is 10.0.10.82, As far as I can tell the Battery life is better after the update and so is the camera.
    Using Vodafone India.
    03-12-13 12:19 AM
    I bought an unlocked Z10 in Singapore with Starhub. While M1 has pushed the update there is no sign of any updates with Starhub yet. I called the Starhub cus care and I was told I will receive the update only by end of this week. So no, the updates are no smooth in Singapore as well. But I hope it gets better and BB fixes this.
    Hi Aravind , can u check whether urs is stl100-1 or stl-1002 . Is mapmyindia free for you . Do u have the regional indian languages .Do u have FM radio . Thanking u in advance .
    03-12-13 03:25 AM
    Hi,

Im on Vodafone, Finally got the update for .82 today after a long wait and several trys, updated successfully via BBLink.

However, am still facing a couple issues, would love to know if anyone is having the same,

1) SETTINGS>SOFTWARE UPDATES...still says update available (to .58!?) (also was reminded of the same at 7:30pm everyday previously)
    2) The Native maps still does not have any info..nor works for India (however searches do send me to other Asian countries)

Screenshots:
    Z10 Update in India-img_00000033.jpgZ10 Update in India-img_00000031.jpgZ10 Update in India-img_00000032.jpg
    03-13-13 01:55 AM
    Guys has anyone tried the bbm voice or video calls

Posted via CB10
    So, I tried it. When my brother and I are on home wifi, it works fine. But when he is on same wifi, and I try it from somewhere else, it did not work.

Can someone confirm if BBM voice and video could work without the wifi?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 02:07 AM
    So, I tried it. When my brother and I are on home wifi, it works fine. But when he is on same wifi, and I try it from somewhere else, it did not work.

Posted via CB10
    Theoretically it should work on the service provider network too for the z10, but actually I don't know cos I have not been able to test it till date. My brother is also taking one, so I guess after that I shall be able to check.
    03-13-13 02:33 AM
    Hi
    Airtel India has also Launched the os update now the latest os is 10.0.10.82.

Also now the battery life has improved.

I am loving it.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 05:59 AM
    Guys check my battery life status after the update

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=781146

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 10:15 AM
    mine is STL100-2 .. on tata docomo .. changing the Sim wld help to get update ?
    03-17-13 06:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    BBM voice and video requires Wifi; anything else and it doesn't work.
    03-17-13 07:21 AM
60 123