My question has a few parts. Phone is a Z10.

First-I have had two services provide an unlock code in hopes the second would differ from the first. It did not. Is there only one, unique, unlock code for each individual phone?

Is the original carrier part of the unique identity of the phone?

How do you identify/confirm the original carrier?

I've performed a security wipe and updated the OS, would a factory reset help?

I have five unlock attempts left. Is there a service where I could send the actual phone to have it unlocked?

Any info is greatly appreciated.
    12-13-15 05:39 PM
    i don't believe there is a unique code for each phone, no. I would think if you can't unlock using what the provider gave you, that you would contact them and ask for help.
    i don't believe there is a unique code for each phone, no. I would think if you can't unlock using what the provider gave you, that you would contact them and ask for help.
    12-14-15 06:35 AM
    Assuming you have more than 5 tries remaining, if you were given a 16 digit code, attempt it ONCE using only the first 8 digits. According to cellunlocker.net this sometimes works. Only try it once.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 12:59 PM
    My question has a few parts. Phone is a Z10.

First-I have had two services provide an unlock code in hopes the second would differ from the first. It did not. Is there only one, unique, unlock code for each individual phone?

Is the original carrier part of the unique identity of the phone?

How do you identify/confirm the original carrier?

I've performed a security wipe and updated the OS, would a factory reset help?

I have five unlock attempts left. Is there a service where I could send the actual phone to have it unlocked?

Any info is greatly appreciated.
    If you search the CB forums you can find threads pertaining to this problem. I had a z10 that could not be unlocked by ANYONE except the original carrier with a special code supplied to the carrier by Blackberry. In other words, the carrier had to contact BB directly to obtain the code. Hope you get it figured out, but in the end I think you will have to find out who the carrier is/was.
    12-14-15 01:04 PM