charger is fine. it charges other micro usb devices. plus i have another blackberry charger. i've tried them both.

the usb port is fine from what i can tell. i assume this because it can detect my phone when connect to charger or pc. additionally, the same problem occurs when insert a fully charged battery into the phone.

this is my 5th blackberry that i've owned so im decently familiar with the basic trouble shooting protocol and unfortunately this is not a typical problem.

is there any reason for why the phone would die while connected to a charger while its doing nothing?
    08-27-14 11:54 PM
    1st time I have encountered and heard about this issue.. can be connected to link but could not power on due to battery..

I think you better send it to BB to get a replacement or even diagnose what's the problem

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 07:16 AM
    took it a repair shop. he was very familiar with this problem. he told me it is motherboard failure due to overheating. I did notice my phone getting unusually hot at times. he advised me to take it to bb, although my warranty has expired so im not sure what they would do for me. otherwise there is a 50/50 chance he could repair it.

disappointing.
    08-30-14 02:38 AM
    Crap. Check it with bb first get their feedback.. I still think if the motherboard is fried you won't be able to even power on it.. that's what I understand and if it's fried how can link even detect it.. or even installing the Os??

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    08-30-14 03:36 PM
    Crap. Check it with bb first get their feedback.. I still think if the motherboard is fried you won't be able to even power on it.. that's what I understand and if it's fried how can link even detect it.. or even installing the Os??

Posted via CB10
    excellent point.

but currently i haven't come across a better explanation. i don't even know how to google search this problem.
    08-31-14 10:32 PM
    Don't think you can find a better explanation than here tho.. let me know what BB has to say about your phone..

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 05:18 AM
    I just had the same thing happen to me while on vacation. Upon returning home I plugged into another charger then presses the up volume key and the power key simultaneously for about 30 seconds and it came back to life! Worth a shot I guess...

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-01-14 02:02 PM
    Any luck on what happens to your bb phone mate?? Please do update so we all can learn

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 11:26 PM
33 12