hello i found the list of Z10 tips on the BlackBerry Forums, found them useful and thought id share.

Z10 Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts [ Edited ]
    Options
    3 weeks ago - by KarlaDJR

I've compiled these tips from a week's worth of using the Z10 BlackBerry.

For the new Z10 user, you'll find some good stuff here and I urge you to just sit down for 20 miutes and go through each of these. They'll stick with you that way.

For the experienced user, please feel free to post your own tips in this thread! I'd ask that we stay on topic, and let's get as many as possible posted here.

First, find your SETTINGS easily by swiping down from the top bezel. There you will see Settings, Bluetooth, Alarm, Rotation Lock, WiFi and Notifications. In your Settings, you will find your About screen, Network Connections such as your mobile network, Mobile Hotspot, NFC, Airplane Mode, etc.; your email accounts setup, Language and Input, BlackBerry Protect, and many other key settings.

Name your Z10 at Settings > About > Device Name. This is the name of the device a WiFi router will see, when using the BlackBerry Link on your desktop, or when sharing media files.

Remember the Overflow icon, which is noted by the ⁞ icon (three horizontal dots) This icon is often seen in the Hub, at the bottom of email compose screens and in many core BB10 apps and will lead you to more settings, options or actions for that screen.

Take a screen shot of your Z10 screen by pressing both the UP and DOWN volumes keys simultaneously. The screen shot is saved in your Pictures folder.

Word Substitution on your Z10 works beautifully! Find it in your Settings > Language and Input > Automated Assistance > Word Substitution. We formerly called this AutoText, and it works all the same as before. There are a few pre-loaded, and I make my own, for things such as creating an entry of "hh" which becomes "Headed Home" I often use to let family know I've left the office at the end of the day. You can create Twitter hashtags, such as "bbt" becomes "#BlackBerry10", "myadd" instantly enters my physical office address. Learn to use the pre-loaded entries such as "ld" for today's date, "lt" for the current time, "mypin" to enter your Z10 PIN, or "myver" to instantly enter your BlackBerry model and OS version installed.

Voice Control can quickly access from any screen by pressing the side MUTE key for two seconds (this is the button between the up and down volume keys).

Stop the red LED quickly by tapping the top edge Standby button. Sometimes I don't have time to even peek at the Hub, and a quick tap of the standby button let's me get back to work for a few more minutes.

Hide the keyboard on any screen by wiping down with two fingers on the keyboard. Now you can see more of the long BBMessenger chat.

Use the Camera on the Lock Screen by touching the camera icon for five seconds... instant camera for the quick shots without unlocking!

Camera Tips: Use the up or down volume to activate the shutter, or simply touch the screen. Touch the Overflow icon for the camera's Burst mode (touch and hold for sports shots!) or to change the front-facing camera, or the Stabilization mode for shaky hands. The up/down volume keys also stop and start the video camera.

Customize your icon layout by touching and holding an icon for two seconds until they pulsate... Touch and drag an icon within the current screen and let go to place it; drag an icon across the edge right or left to another panel, or drag one icon onto another to create a new folder with both icons located in that folder (you'll have a New Folder box pop up where you can name the folder).

Rename a folder by touching it a few seconds.

Check your battery percentage at Settings > About > change the top Category from General to Hardware and the battery percentage is at the bottom of the screen. I've downloaded "Battery Watch" from BlackBerry World for free, as an icon on my screen.

Disable the Delete Message Confirmation from your Hub screen > tap the overflow icon ⁞ > Settings > Display and Actions > scroll down to and disable the Delete Message Confirmation.

Peek when busy! If your actively in an email or other app like Twitter, you can use one finger swiping slowly up from the bottom bezel to view any mail, BBM or Hub notifications on the left or right of the pane. Keep your finger on the app and swipe back down to continue in the active app, or let go to move to another app. Swiping up from the bottom and over to the right all in one action hides that active app and takes you directly to your Hub.

Speed Dial settings are found by opening your Phone application and while in the Call List or Contacts view, touch and hold the desire contact to add to your Speed Dial and on the popup side bar, touch the Star icon (Add to Speed Dial).

Hub Quick Controls: While in your Hub view, tap the overflow icon ⁞ and then Settings > to find your settings for Hub Display and Actions (change the sort order of messages, download images automatically and more), Hub Management (you can enable and disable which email accounts, Facebook, and Twitter to appear or no in the Hub.

Application settings can often be found by swiping down from the top bezel to find more Settings, Help, or About that third party application.

Format your Email to add colored fonts, Bold, bullets, or numbering... While in the email compose screen, swipe two fingers down to hide the keyboard and you'll see the Attach, Format, Importance and the overflow ⁞ icon... which allows you do BCC: a contact in the email.

Set your Music Controls to your volume keys by going to your Settings > System Volume > to set the Music Shortcuts to On. Now your device volume up/down keys can be pressed to take you to the next or previous track in your music library.

Just Type! I am amazed at the ease of typing and self-correction of my typing mistakes on the Z10. I just seem to enter gibberish and the Z10 makes sense of it all in 99% of the words. Take time the first two weeks to use the word flick as you type and the Z10 will learn even better your typing and writing habits.

Just Speak! I have never been a big user of my former BlackBerry voice to text apps or services. They just never worked right for me. But WOW, this Z10 is actually getting better and better each time I use the Voice Control. Just like typing, it's learning my speech pattern, southern accent and idiosyncrasies. Take some time aside to create SMS messages or emails with the Voice Control and then as you do, make the corrections needed. Doing so will make a world of difference in how Voice Control reacts and transcribes your voice input.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...s/td-p/2146245
    02-25-13 01:00 AM
    Voice control is super awkward to use if you're out in the public. It's great for law abusing citizens such as texting and driving though
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-25-13 01:02 AM
    That's a great list of helpful tips! Thanks for taking the time!

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-25-13 01:13 AM
    Stop the red LED quickly by tapping the top edge Standby button. Sometimes I don't have time to even peek at the Hub, and a quick tap of the standby button let's me get back to work for a few more minutes.
    Great list, thanks for sharing. What does this mean though? I understood that I'm supposed to tap the edge of the standby button on the top end of the phone? Does that actually work? From what I can see, there is just one click position in the standby button. Clicking the edge doesn't do anything different...does it? :S
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-25-13 01:16 AM
    Great list, thanks for sharing. What does this mean though? I understood that I'm supposed to tap the edge of the standby button on the top end of the phone? Does that actually work? From what I can see, there is just one click position in the standby button. Clicking the edge doesn't do anything different...does it? :S
    i didnt write this list hd only found it, but im going to try and will get back to you
    02-25-13 02:28 AM
    To forward a text message: Touch and hold on the text message and an arrow will appear on the right. Tap the arrow.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-25-13 04:07 AM
    hello i found the list of Z10 tips on the BlackBerry Forums, found them useful and thought id share.

Rename a folder by touching it a few seconds.

Z10 Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I can't seem to rename the folders!!
    02-25-13 04:17 AM
    I believe he means the top button. Tapping it will put the phone in standby mode. I haven't tested the red light yet, but it is a great way to quickly have your phone go into standby.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 04:19 AM
    Thanks for the tips - as a long time PB user many things are similar; but your tip on using two fingers to hide the keyboard hit the mark. While composing emails I constantly was trying to hide it without success. The two finger did the trick. Loving the Z10 so far.
    03-27-13 11:13 AM
    I can't seem to rename the folders!!
    Open the folder, then hold down the Name for a couple of seconds.
    03-27-13 11:54 AM
    No need for 2 finger swipe to minimize keyboard, just tap anywhere on the screen other than the keyboard... much easier that way....

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 12:30 PM
    Great topic and I hope it grows and you keep coming back and edit what you find further in this topic, or elsewhere for one big list.. Or maybe we can use BB Wiki.
    Use the Camera on the Lock Screen by touching the camera icon for five seconds... instant camera for the quick shots without unlocking!
    Actually I don't see how this is any quicker than unlocking and tapping on camera icon? It will be much faster than 5 seconds. Once the picture is taken, is there any way to access files, etc? Otherwise that's a security issue, usually after you take the picture you can see the last picture taken. They should make the camera a gesture shortcut from lock screen.
    03-27-13 12:35 PM
    Great topic and I hope it grows and you keep coming back and edit what you find further in this topic, or elsewhere for one big list.. Or maybe we can use BB Wiki.

Actually I don't see how this is any quicker than unlocking and tapping on camera icon? It will be much faster than 5 seconds. Once the picture is taken, is there any way to access files, etc? Otherwise that's a security issue, usually after you take the picture you can see the last picture taken. They should make the camera a gesture shortcut from lock screen.
    To see the last photo you do have to unlock the device, it is a securty measure.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    03-27-13 01:50 PM
    Holy. Nice tips. Need to subscribe to this thread.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 02:02 PM
    subscribed...
    03-29-13 06:53 PM
    Voice control is super awkward to use if you're out in the public. It's great for law abusing citizens such as texting and driving though
    You can turn off the woman's voice that repeats to you. Then it isn't as awkward.
    03-29-13 07:01 PM
    No need for 2 finger swipe to minimize keyboard, just tap anywhere on the screen other than the keyboard... much easier that way....

Posted via CB10
    You can also hold the space bar.
    03-29-13 07:02 PM
    I accidentally put my browser in full screen anyone figure out how to do it? I'm gonna try again.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 08:58 PM
    I gave up... maybe it was just in my head

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:03 PM
    To delete an entire word, simply flick from right to left on the keyboard. To delete multiple words,keep flicking. A total convenience.
    nathan62969 likes this.
    03-29-13 10:17 PM
    Hide keyboard with one finger swipe down from top right corner by the emoticon... very easily done with right thumb

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    03-29-13 10:21 PM
    What are the voice commands that we can use? I said "what's the weather" it said do you want to search for weather? Why can't it tell me what degrees it is outside? (I know I can look out the windows, but still, can it look up scores for you? Can it check appointments? What are the available features?)
    03-29-13 11:21 PM
    What are the voice commands that we can use? I said "what's the weather" it said do you want to search for weather? Why can't it tell me what degrees it is outside? (I know I can look out the windows, but still, can it look up scores for you? Can it check appointments? What are the available features?)
    From what I used it for it can make appointments, text, tweet/email.
    03-29-13 11:52 PM
    One can hide keyboard by pressing tab for sometime. I noticed it accidentally.

Prithvi, pin:24C7DBA9 z10 thru CB10
    03-30-13 12:12 AM
    When you take a picture you see the thumbnail on the bottom left. You can hold and drag your finger to preview the picture then just let go to get back into the camera app.

Posted via CB10
    jdiaz989 likes this.
    03-30-13 12:35 AM
40 12