I gave up on ever getting OS10 on my PB and bought a Z10. So far I really like it. I have run into an unexpected problem. When I send a text message it shows the sender as "ME" and I don't know how to make it display my name. Some simple setting I am overlooking I am sure. Can anyone help? Thanks.
    07-20-13 11:05 AM
    I gave up on ever getting OS10 on my PB and bought a Z10. So far I really like it. I have run into an unexpected problem. When I send a text message it shows the sender as "ME" and I don't know how to make it display my name. Some simple setting I am overlooking I am sure. Can anyone help? Thanks.
    I don't think there is.

Hehe i thought you don't know who's "me". Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 11:09 AM
    Mine shows the same thing. i think that is the way it denotes between users. The other person you have in my their phone number and well, your phone must know that you (me) is the number being used. I don't know how to make it show your name. I just thought that was the way it is...
    07-20-13 11:10 AM
    Mine shows the same thing. i think that is the way it denotes between users. The other person you have in my their phone number and well, your phone must know that you (me) is the number being used. I don't know how to make it show your name. I just thought that was the way it is...
    Not on my old 9930, you could add your name

Posts via White Verizon Z10
    07-20-13 11:15 AM
    I sent a text with my new number to my kids and several other people and now I am getting replies of "who is this"? On my old BB Curve it displayed my name on whatever I sent.
    07-20-13 11:23 AM
    Your full contact information should be in your phone contacts, if not, put it there. Transfer to the other person via bbm and ensure that it is in their contacts and all the numbers are categorized correctly. Once that is done, all of the messages that you send should reflect your name on the other handset.

Posted via CB10
    BB10QNX likes this.
    07-20-13 11:25 AM
    I sent a text with my new number to my kids and several other people and now I am getting replies of "who is this"? On my old BB Curve it displayed my name on whatever I sent.
    Did you get a new number because text messages are always numbers by default and the phone recognizes the number and puts a name to it.

Posted via CB10
    BB10QNX likes this.
    07-20-13 12:10 PM
    I had my phone since February and I just noticed this. Thanks a lot. Not.
    07-20-13 12:20 PM
    Lol! Your phone shows "me" only to you. It's not sending that as part of the text message. It more than likely showed your name to your contacts on your old phone, because they had you programmed in as a contact. For instance, people I know that get a text from me will show Brad on their phone ( or whatever choice name they have for me) because that is what they have programmed in to their phone for my number. There is no name going from my phone to theirs unless I've put one of those annoying signatures on every text. (can we please outlaw those? I don't need to read the same quote at the end of every text). If I change my number and text a friend, they will just see my new number until they program me in to their phone as a contact. Then it will pull my name from their contact list.

Posted via CB10
    BB10QNX likes this.
    07-20-13 12:27 PM
    I did get a new number but I have updated my contact info and even turned the phone off and back on to let it reset and it still shows "me" and not my name.
    07-20-13 12:38 PM
    In legacy BlackBerry OS there is an option to input your own name instead of the default "me". I haven't seen this option in OS 10 but perhaps this will come in a future update.
    07-20-13 12:51 PM
    Lol! Your phone shows "me" only to you. It's not sending that as part of the text message. It more than likely showed your name to your contacts on your old phone, because they had you programmed in as a contact. For instance, people I know that get a text from me will show Brad on their phone ( or whatever choice name they have for me) because that is what they have programmed in to their phone for my number. There is no name going from my phone to theirs unless I've put one of those annoying signatures on every text. (can we please outlaw those? I don't need to read the same quote at the end of every text). If I change my number and text a friend, they will just see my new number until they program me in to their phone as a contact. Then it will pull my name from their contact list.

Posted via CB10
    I was scratching my head for s long at this post...I thought this was common sense................ dot dot dot!

It's like when my wife turns her volume up on Her phone if the recipient cannot hear her. I nearly pull my hair everytime I have to explain to her her volume WILL NOT change the volume output on the other side or volume recorded on her end. She's finally gotten it after 10-15 instances where I literally snapped cuz I was on the other side of the bed and I could hear her conversation, not on speakerphone... she kept saying the other person couldn't hear, so she cranked up the volume. Doh! Face palm! Fail!

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 12:56 PM
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
    07-20-13 12:56 PM
    Z10 Text Messages [Showing "Me" as sender]-img_00000198.png
    Even with myself saved in contacts it shows me always and yeah on older blackberrys you could change it to your liking and or remove that display with just stripes or lines as borders to distinguish sent and replied messages but they removed this feature on bb10
    07-20-13 01:00 PM
    I did get a new number but I have updated my contact info and even turned the phone off and back on to let it reset and it still shows "me" and not my name.
    Buddy, if you want it to show something else on your phone, don't know if that's possible, but if you're wanting it to show your name on your friends phone, there is nothing you can do to your phone that is going to change that. Their phone will get your number. It's up to them to set that number up with your name. Update your contact info all day if you want to, but they need to do it on their phone. This is how cell phones work. Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 02:45 PM