Master or Bowlegz: can you point me to thread that has the links for the official "unofficial " latest 10.2 leak?

I downloaded a leak once on my 9700 for Legacy OS, and it corrupted. Granted, I did back up prior, but it was a nightmare. I bit off all my nails by the time I fixed everything.

I just have so much important data. I don't want to get burned again.

Also, one time I was curious and tried to open a 10.2 file that was posted here from a site that started with an, "M" (forgot name), but it would never open for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 04:49 PM
    These are the types of issues that you have to deal with when you don't utilize the great leaks that we're able to load up! 10.2 is really nice, just try it.

Posted via CB10
    I disagree. You don't "have" to deal with these types of issues if you are not running. 10.2. I, and many others, have never experienced these issues while running 10.0. Nor, while now running 10.1. As a matter of fact, there a quite a few lower operating systems being utilized that aren't experiencing any negative issues. The devices work flawlessly. 10.2 has some awesome features, but let's keep things realistically in perspective. There are just as many people on this forum, and the site as a whole, reporting various issues on various system grades (10.0 on up to 10.2). So, as excited as you may be about running 10.2, your statement has a bit of untruth to it. The proof is right here on the site itself.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 05:08 PM
    Since the latest official update to 10.1, my text features have been a bit haywire.

When I select a text message the screen dims as usual, but instead of opening, it gets stuck.

Also have the issue where it won't load the conversation history when I can get it to open. The screen is blank with the exception of the keyboard, but the reply box stays hidden behind that keyboard.

When this happens, the new text message stays bold in the alert list like I never opened it.

Help?

Posted via CB10
    Did you try reinstalling the 10.1 update?

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 05:12 PM
    Did you try reinstalling the 10.1 update?

Posted via CB10
    No. Have not had a free moment to sit down and mess with it.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 05:19 PM
    No. Have not had a free moment to sit down and mess with it.

Posted via CB10
    You may want to give that a go first whenever you get a chance. I'm Running an official 10.1 variant with no issues whatsoever, and although myself and others have never experienced any issues on 10.0 or 10.1, I know there are probably just as many that have experienced your issue regardless of what OS they are running. There are a few other threads around here somewhere in which I have read about people with your issue. You may want to check them out if you can find them. I wish I could offer more help. I hope you get it worked out. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    09-14-13 05:38 PM
    I have the same issue with my phone (also some problems with the universal search feature, strechted image, etc.) but sadly I was not able to determine why this happens ! Please can someone help or do I have to wait until the 10.2 version becomes official?

Z10-SLT 100-2 running OS 10.1.04181 on Proximus (Belgium network)
    I used to think this problem was mostly user error......... until last night when it happened to my Gf Z10. I tried everything including a battery pull. Eventually after resetting the Hub twice then waiting about 5 mins ( even after the Hub reloaded) it cam back. I'm a little timid of installing unofficial leaks as provider won't help if not on official os.

STL-200. Telus. Canada. 10.1.0.4181

Edit: I also have z10 from Telus with same software version. Phones bought about two months apart
    09-14-13 06:07 PM
    I had this problem and read some where on the forum that if you remove Facebook from the hub under hub management then it doesn't happen anymore. It worked for me. Worth a try...

Posted via CB10
    TheQuietRioter and CDM76 like this.
    09-14-13 06:12 PM
    Shoot. Mine too. Wow. My memory needs some flossing.

Yes. My profile pics for contacts are cut off as well.
    The pics also do not seem as vibrant as they used to be. I find myself really having to look harder when someone calls.

That or I'm developing an eye disease.

Posted via CB10
    Let's hope it doesn't fully develop into the the worst ocular affliction..... "I"disease.
    It can happen when person gets disappointed in a purchase.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 07:28 PM
    LOL i disease. Awesome.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    09-14-13 10:29 PM
    Master or Bowlegz: can you point me to thread that has the links for the official "unofficial " latest 10.2 leak?

I downloaded a leak once on my 9700 for Legacy OS, and it corrupted. Granted, I did back up prior, but it was a nightmare. I bit off all my nails by the time I fixed everything.

I just have so much important data. I don't want to get burned again.

Also, one time I was curious and tried to open a 10.2 file that was posted here from a site that started with an, "M" (forgot name), but it would never open for me.

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-sqr-x-849270/

Load the leak
    Its just a tweak
    Humdrum -To-Alive
    Like a walk in the park
    Except with
    Themes that are dark
    Shake your stance
    Give it a chance
    Take it from the Kid
    You'll be glad you did
    09-15-13 01:54 AM
    You should have read about the problems before uploading that software...

But then blackberry should not have pushed that through. My Z10. Hasn't work
    Ed properly since that 10.1 mr update. I had to use a ps leak just so that I could use sms.. a pretty basic feature for a smart phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 03:02 AM
    Apologies if this is the wrong thread to post this in, but when I saw there were over 500 pages of threads to trawl through to look for an answer... Wasn't gonna happen, sorry!

I have an issue with text messages on my Z10, but not them deleting on their own or anything. For the last month or so, I've not been able to RECEIVE text messages without restarting my phone! I called into the store that I got the phone from and they tried my sim in a different phone, it then worked straight away, so it is DEFINITELY the phone! Is this likely to be the 10.1.0.2312 software release, or do I really need to get them to send my phone off for investigation and repair..? The last time I had to do that (with my old Torch) it took them over a MONTH!! If I can help it, I don't want to lose it for that long again! Help!
    09-15-13 04:43 AM
    Apologies if this is the wrong thread to post this in, but when I saw there were over 500 pages of threads to trawl through to look for an answer... Wasn't gonna happen, sorry!

I have an issue with text messages on my Z10, but not them deleting on their own or anything. For the last month or so, I've not been able to RECEIVE text messages without restarting my phone! I called into the store that I got the phone from and they tried my sim in a different phone, it then worked straight away, so it is DEFINITELY the phone! Is this likely to be the 10.1.0.2312 software release, or do I really need to get them to send my phone off for investigation and repair..? The last time I had to do that (with my old Torch) it took them over a MONTH!! If I can help it, I don't want to lose it for that long again! Help!
    Sorry I can't add any suggestion to this problem but just to say, I have almost exactly the same problem. It started a few weeks after I upgraded to 10.1.0.4181 (on UK EE). As with many others I lost all my text messages when I upgraded, even though I backed up my phone. I don't want to go through that pain again, as such I am not comfortable with reloading the 10.1.0.4181.

why does RIM (Blackberry) not have some kind of official response to these issues, - not even on their website.

Despite using BB for over 7 years seriously considering moving to Android especially if BBM goes to Android, then what's the point of staying with a BB?, lack of important the 'apps' , the battery life sucks, no support and upgrade issues, need I go on.....?
    09-15-13 05:45 AM
    Shoot. Mine too. Wow. My memory needs some flossing.

Yes. My profile pics for contacts are cut off as well.
    The pics also do not seem as vibrant as they used to be. I find myself really having to look harder when someone calls.

That or I'm developing an eye disease.

Posted via CB10
    This is a problem I'm experiencing since day one, way back on 10.0... sometimes the image is as it should when receiving a call and most times the picture isn't there at all... I really like the call interface but it has never worked properly for me... meanwhile, I'm on the 10.1 MR (not T-Mobile) ...

From the Z...
    09-15-13 05:57 AM
    Ok so I fixed the problem. After trying everything I possible could I went to the last resort and did a total security wipe and went back to factory settings. when my z10 can back on it automatically installed the new os. It seems to be working a whole lot better. It's not what I wanted to do but I'm totally clueless when it comes to downloading leaks and installing them. This was just the best option for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 11:58 AM
    Ok so I fixed the problem. After trying everything I possible could I went to the last resort and did a total security wipe and went back to factory settings. when my z10 can back on it automatically installed the new os. It seems to be working a whole lot better. It's not what I wanted to do but I'm totally clueless when it comes to downloading leaks and installing them. This was just the best option for me.

Posted via CB10
    installing a leak is a lot less trouble than what you just did.
    09-15-13 12:03 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-sqr-x-849270/

Load the leak
    Its just a tweak
    Humdrum -To-Alive
    Like a walk in the park
    Except with
    Themes that are dark
    Shake your stance
    Give it a chance
    Take it from the Kid
    You'll be glad you did
    Great poem

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 12:24 PM
    I noticed mine like that for about 5 min after reboot. Maybe give it a bit of time to load up.....

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 12:55 PM
    Yeah, mine would do that for about 20 minutes or so.

Also the keyboard would go funny every now and then. Who trying to respond to a text, I would select the input field and the keyboard would pop up and then the input field would disappear. Super frustrating.

I highly recommend installing a leaked os, they load onto your phone pretty fast. Also they are just so smooth. Right now I'm using a loaner phone which came with a 10.1 os, it was so sluggish compared to the 10.2 os. I couldn't handle it, I had to update.

Only problem that I have right now with this os is that I can't watch videos on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 01:06 PM
    Since the latest official update to 10.1, my text features have been a bit haywire.

When I select a text message the screen dims as usual, but instead of opening, it gets stuck.

Also have the issue where it won't load the conversation history when I can get it to open. The screen is blank with the exception of the keyboard, but the reply box stays hidden behind that keyboard.

When this happens, the new text message stays bold in the alert list like I never opened it.

Help?

Posted via CB10
    SAME! except until i solve it I can't text.
    I have been toggling the network connection on and off a few times and that seems to solve it up.
    I'm hoping jumping ahead to 10.2 will fix me up.
    09-16-13 12:43 PM
    I had this problem and read some where on the forum that if you remove Facebook from the hub under hub management then it doesn't happen anymore. It worked for me. Worth a try...

Posted via CB10
    This worked for me on the 10.1 as well, for the most part

However, 10.2 has been a GODSEND thus far--smoother, faster, getting all my texts etc. (although I had to load it twice and I took most of my media off of the device)
    09-16-13 01:13 PM
    run 10.2, 10.1 is terrible I'd rather use 10.0 than go back to 10.1
    09-16-13 01:49 PM
    For me it's been either delete all my text messages or reinstall the software. I've done both. Now I just delete all of my texts every 10 days or so.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 02:04 PM
    Yes I have the same problem. You think BlackBerry could get the texts right. Wtf! I don't want to delete texts or reload OSs. I want my phone to work properly. Honestly how can BlackBerry succeed or how can people recommend it to a friend. Good Grief!

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 02:10 PM
    I've had troubles with the 4181 MR as well. My first download made the phone super buggy. I was almost ready to throw the phone in the trash out of frustration. I reloaded the update at night using BlackBerry Link, and it seemed to solve the problems. Although sometimes it takes a but for text history to decide to show up. Also, Facebook chat can have a tendency to not work at all. This is solved by closing the app, and reopening and retyping my message.
    I'm looking forward to the official 10.2 update. Hopefully these issues will be addressed. I'm not brave enough to install any of the leaks. The disclaimers are enough to scare me off trying anything like that. Anyone that knows my computer knowledge (lack thereof) would know the world is a happier place if I refrain from trying.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 02:15 PM
59 123