Is there an MMS problem or limitation with T-Mobile in the USA? My Z10 refuses to accept pictures attached to text messages, although I can send a text with photo attached. Emails with attached/embedded images are not a problem either.

If the message has text content, that comes in, but if there was a photo attached it's gone with no error or warning message. I've checked all the settings I can find and have tested with tiny images to see if there's a size limitation - nothing comes through.

It's a regular T-Mo account with unlimited talk/text and 1Gb/month data plan; I never get close to that each month.

Running 10.2.1.2156, standard T-Mobile release.

Thanks!
    09-03-14 10:41 AM
    I have only had that problem once or twice and been with t-mo ten years. Have you called support?
    09-03-14 01:38 PM
    I have never been able to send MMS on T-Mobile with WiFi Calling turned on.

Other than that I have no issues with MMS.

T-Mobile Z10 STL100-3 running 10.3.0.1052 / 1130 / 1154
    09-03-14 03:04 PM
    My son's both had this problem after one if the 10.2.1 leaks was applied. Turned out to be a setting under hub settings then text messages, them mms then advanced. See picture. Hope this helps.
    Z10 on T-Mobile USA, MMS fails (no attached pics)-img_00000117.png

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 03:51 PM
    Yes, that's the setting you want. I can send MMS over cell (as I said) and over wifi-calling. (Which is down, at the moment, of course). If you are on stock OS and have that setting and still can't send, you should call support. Usually they can fix this issue easily.
    09-03-14 04:06 PM
    Update:
    I just checked and the MMSC has the wapenc at the end now :-)
    Lets see if I can send MMS when wifi connection is active!

/////////////////////////////

My MMSC URL does not have the wapenc. Is this location related? I just realized I can't send MMS when the wifi connection is on. :-(

Thanks
    Last edited by ngvu1; 09-03-14 at 07:13 PM.
    09-03-14 07:00 PM
    No matter what you do, I don't think you'll be able to send an MMS when the wifi calling is active. This has been the case since the BB10 launched and came with an actual wifi calling app.

As for the problem with getting wifi calling to work, that has been an ongoing problem for at least several months. I finally got it to work after reading a post advising to delete the app, reboot your device and then reinstall the app. Hopefully it works for you.
    09-03-14 07:21 PM
    My son's both had this problem after one if the 10.2.1 leaks was applied. Turned out to be a setting under hub settings then text messages, them mms then advanced. See picture. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the tip; I double-checked that setting and mine is set up that way, same as yours.

Just as a reminder to all on this thread, I can SEND a text message with attached photo with no problem (I use WiFi Calling, and have since it was available). My problem is that I cannot RECEIVE a photo attached to a text message.

I'll try experimenting to see if I can receive on with WiFi Calling turned off; if that doesn't work I'll turn off WiFi altogether and see what happens.

EDIT: I just talked to T-Mo tech support; they said my account was provisioned for a "smartphone" but not specifically for a BlackBerry device. I don't know why "smartphone" isn't good enough for MMS, but they've changed it and say within 2 hours it should work. I'll re-edit to update this once I find out.
    Last edited by Jim Wolfson; 09-03-14 at 09:49 PM.
    09-03-14 09:22 PM

EDIT: I just talked to T-Mo tech support; they said my account was provisioned for a "smartphone" but not specifically for a BlackBerry device. I don't know why "smartphone" isn't good enough for MMS, but they've changed it and say within 2 hours it should work. I'll re-edit to update this once I find out.
    Oh, crap. I hope they didn't put you on a BIS account (for earlier models). You do not need a special account. The Z10 operates just like any other smart phone.

Also, FWIW, I find receiving MMS on wifi-calling is much slower than over cell.
    09-03-14 10:27 PM
    My experience is based on our Wifi. Once our Wifi speed was upgraded (we had a burglar alarm bundled with it) I have had no problems receiving photos via MMS. Prior to this, I would turn the Wifi off, then download the photos via the network. My service with T-Mobile in our area has also improved tremendously in the last three months. We used to get 2G in parts of the house. Now we get 4G and 4G LTE. So, try turning the Wifi off and then download the photos. Good luck.

Typed with my Q10, or Z10, or Q10, or...
    09-04-14 07:44 AM
    Since the change T-Mobile made yesterday, I can now receive text pics sent to myself just fine. Still can't receive from bro-in-law on AT&T, though.

My in-home WiFi is very fast, so I don't think that's the bottleneck. And I deleted the WiFi Calling app while trying to fix the recent WFC problem, so that's not enabled at the moment.
    Last edited by Jim Wolfson; 09-04-14 at 12:06 PM.
    09-04-14 10:49 AM