So currently there's no pricing info available for the Z10 on T-Mobile . . .spoke to a knowledgeable rep over the phone (took about 5 calls to find someone who actually spoke English and was actually able to help me. . .)
    This is what I got . . .
    • Pricing info will be made available on March 26 (the day they will start selling to regular customers. . .)
    • The new plans they have drops the price on service but makes you pay full price on the device
    • You place a down payment on the device and pay the rest off in installments added to you monthly bill
    • Based on the price of their highest costing flagship phone (the original cost of the Note II) the Z10 can be a $300.00 down payment with $20.00 added to the monthly bill.
    • There may or may not be a promotional rebate available . . .
    • They will accept trade-ins but it will not lower the down payment amount . . .it will only cut down the number of months you have to pay off the device.

I was fortunate to change my rate plan before they got rid of contracts, so technically I just extended my contract another two years with the lower monthly service cost . . .I may or may not qualify for paying a lower down payment (the cost of the phone as though it were on a contract) and they might let me use the trade in value of my previous phone to lower the down payment . . .but i have to wait till the 26th to see for sure. . .hope this helps folks. . .
    03-24-13 03:35 PM
    This is actually old news from about 6 months ago but i'll share my recent experience with t-mobile as i had quite the ordeal... I spent the last 2 weeks calling for an update on the phone, and they didn't know...

Even when i told them that t-mobile's official twitter account listed the 26th as the release they told me they have no connection to outside internet so she couldn't confirm that date... Then i called yesterday after someone in here posted pics when he received his z10 from t-mobile after ordering it last week and they told me they are not taking pre-orders and she doesn't how that person got their z10... This after being transferred 2 times to "someone who could help me"... I told them that even at&t told me tmobile would be getting it on tue so i posed the question to the rep " how is it that everyone outside of tmobile knows what's going on with tmobile?" She told me she didn't know and to wait until the 26th based on what i told HER....

I then asked her about what type of discount i would get seeing as how i haven't upgraded in 4 yrs and have been with them for 13yrs she again said she didn't have that information but would be surprised if i didn't get the phone for free or at a "substantial discount"....so that's t-mobile for you.
    03-24-13 04:01 PM
    that is exactly what I was told and offered(plans) when I went to my local Tmobile store earlier today.
    It's a bit counterproductive--for them anyways-- and also more expensive for the customer. Having to pay an extra $20 every month on top of your regular bill.

ANother thing I noticed when they showed me their brand new plan(they really only have 1) is that they cap everything regarded to their data service, meaning... if you get the unlimited for 50 bucks which included 500MB of data, after that you'd go down to 2g speeds, 2G SPEEDS!!! EDGE!!!! not 3G, 2G! I was like WTF!????
    Anyhow, if you choose to go for 2GB of data, which is 10 dollars more of course, same thing, after 2gigs, speeds go down to EDGE. Only if you go for their holy sh** package which is 70 bucks, do they not cap the data speeds, or so I was told.
    03-24-13 04:10 PM
    I am looking forward to unlimited data on t mobile. I am done with limited data.
    03-24-13 04:31 PM
    unlimited data is the only thing I have experienced since I started using smartphones. My 9900 was on SImple MObile and I had 4G everywhere in the Metroplex(Dallas) and only paid 50 bucks. I was looking into Tmobile because I thought they had a plan low on minutes but with up to 5GB of data and unlimited text for like 35 bucks or something like that. It's a shame that they don't offer it anymore, or so it seems
    03-24-13 04:41 PM
    All the above has NO ability for validation.
    1) 'The' TM price will be available on March 26th

2) Best Buy.com website says:
    BlackBerry - Z10 4G Mobile Phone - Black (T-Mobile)
    $199.99 With new 2-year contract
    Unactivated Price: $699.99
    Free Shipping

If a TM CS rep says anything else they don't have the real information.

3) I you currently have a BB plan, then CS will extend your current rates for the 2 year period and beyond.
    DO NOT accept the CS's offer to give you another plan unless it really is cost effective for your use.
    TM changes to your grandfathered plan is usually to the benefit of TM, NOT to you.

4) If you are new to TM, say your relative has "BB PREF plan with unlimited email and internet" @19.99. This has been available recently. CS should be able to give it to you now too
    03-24-13 04:44 PM
    So currently there's no pricing info available for the Z10 on T-Mobile . . .spoke to a knowledgeable rep over the phone (took about 5 calls to find someone who actually spoke English and was actually able to help me. . .)
    This is what I got . . .
    • Pricing info will be made available on March 26 (the day they will start selling to regular customers. . .)
    • The new plans they have drops the price on service but makes you pay full price on the device
    • You place a down payment on the device and pay the rest off in installments added to you monthly bill
    • Based on the price of their highest costing flagship phone (the original cost of the Note II) the Z10 can be a $300.00 down payment with $20.00 added to the monthly bill.
    • There may or may not be a promotional rebate available . . .
    • They will accept trade-ins but it will not lower the down payment amount . . .it will only cut down the number of months you have to pay off the device.

I was fortunate to change my rate plan before they got rid of contracts, so technically I just extended my contract another two years with the lower monthly service cost . . .I may or may not qualify for paying a lower down payment (the cost of the phone as though it were on a contract) and they might let me use the trade in value of my previous phone to lower the down payment . . .but i have to wait till the 26th to see for sure. . .hope this helps folks. . .
    That would be a $700 price tag. I'm hoping for closer to $149 or $199 down.
    03-24-13 04:51 PM
    I'm sure it will be 247 down. After tax like the galaxy lll if the price it say the same as the note I doubt ill be able to sell a z10 or sway a iphone or android fan. Please oh please
    03-24-13 05:04 PM
    that is exactly what I was told and offered(plans) when I went to my local Tmobile store earlier today.
    It's a bit counterproductive--for them anyways-- and also more expensive for the customer. Having to pay an extra $20 every month on top of your regular bill.

ANother thing I noticed when they showed me their brand new plan(they really only have 1) is that they cap everything regarded to their data service, meaning... if you get the unlimited for 50 bucks which included 500MB of data, after that you'd go down to 2g speeds, 2G SPEEDS!!! EDGE!!!! not 3G, 2G! I was like WTF!????
    Anyhow, if you choose to go for 2GB of data, which is 10 dollars more of course, same thing, after 2gigs, speeds go down to EDGE. Only if you go for their holy sh** package which is 70 bucks, do they not cap the data speeds, or so I was told.
    It's not really more expensive. The other carriers charge you the same price for a plan whether you paid for the phone outright or not. At least T-Mobile is giving you a cheaper price on your plan if you bring your own phone to the network. If you can't buy the phone outright, they let you pay for it over the course of two years. The other carriers aren't eating the cost of the subsidized phone, they pass it along through the life of your contract anyway so no difference there except that you actually now know that you're paying for the phone rather than this being hidden from you by the other carriers. As far as the speed dropping to EDGE, yes that does suck, but I prefer the drop in speed to automatically charging me another $10-15 for another 1GB bucket of data.
    03-24-13 05:40 PM
    unlimited data is the only thing I have experienced since I started using smartphones. My 9900 was on SImple MObile and I had 4G everywhere in the Metroplex(Dallas) and only paid 50 bucks. I was looking into Tmobile because I thought they had a plan low on minutes but with up to 5GB of data and unlimited text for like 35 bucks or something like that. It's a shame that they don't offer it anymore, or so it seems
    You can get the $30 plan you just have to order it online or through Walmart. It's part of the Monthly 4G pre-paid plan or was anyway. You get 100 minutes/Unlimited Text/5GB of data

I just activated a line with that plan online on Friday. Checking now though, I see they are no longer giving the SIM activation kit for free anymore, now it's $10. I also see they are no longer calling the pre-paid plan Monthly 4G and they have hidden the $30 plan under the "Pay by the Day plan", but at least it is still there.

Prepaid Cell Phone Plans, No Annual Contract | Monthly 4G | T-Mobile
    Wal-Mart T-Mobile
    03-24-13 06:00 PM
    Slow down... making notes...
    03-24-13 06:23 PM
    you are wrong. The cost of the plan does not change... Tmobile offers unlimited text and talk for 50 bucks(with 500MB of data) whether you get the phone from them or not.
    If you do get it from them, you're screwed because they'll add $20 to your monthly bill(that's how they're making you pay for the phone now). If you bring your own phone, they obviously don't add the 20 bucks. If you want to avoid the 20 dollars but still want to get the phone, your only option is to buy it at full retail price from them,we're talking about $600(assuming they price it about the same as AT&T)

As for the 30 dollar plan, maybe they still offer it at Walmart but I have the link from when I visited the site yesterday and it now redirects me to the new plans page. If you can provide a link I'd appreciate it. Btw about the free sim/micro sim deal they had, I ordered mine on Thursday.
    03-24-13 06:48 PM
    you are wrong. The cost of the plan does not change... Tmobile offers unlimited text and talk for 50 bucks(with 500MB of data) whether you get the phone from them or not.
    If you do get it from them, you're screwed because they'll add $20 to your monthly bill(that's how they're making you pay for the phone now). If you bring your own phone, they obviously don't add the 20 bucks. If you want to avoid the 20 dollars but still want to get the phone, your only option is to buy it at full retail price from them,we're talking about $600(assuming they price it about the same as AT&T)

As for the 30 dollar plan, maybe they still offer it at Walmart but I have the link from when I visited the site yesterday and it now redirects me to the new plans page. If you can provide a link I'd appreciate it. Btw about the free sim/micro sim deal they had, I ordered mine on Thursday.
    No, I'm not wrong. If you get a plan from AT&T with 3GB of data, it costs $99.99/Month regardless if you're using your own bought phone or not. With T-Mobile a subsidized plan with 4.5GB of data will cost $90/Month ($70 + $20 for phone). If you bring your own phone or buy it outright you pay $70/month for that plan.

I gave the links to the $30 plan in my previous post. On T-Mobile's page the $30 plan is at the bottom under the Pay by the Day plans.
    03-24-13 07:17 PM

My down payment for the 9900 2 Decembers ago was roughly $240 (it included the down payment+ the taxes of the full cost) and I received a $200 prepaid visa (MIR) Then $20 per month for the device on my bill. I have 6 more months or $120 left on that plan. I will just wait for the Q10 to come out and decide at that point whether I want to pay off the balance of the 9900 and the down payment for the Q10 or Z10. My plan now is 5 people (unlimited Talk/Text/data "2GB high speed"), 2 lines have insurance, $20 installment for the 9900, name calling feature on one line. Total monthly bill is $278 or $55.60 per line
    03-24-13 07:19 PM

You got it wrong. If you pay full price for the device, minimum plan is $50 which includes 500MB data (along with Wifi Mobile Hotspot/Tethering) with additional 2GB for $10 increments till 12.5GB. Also available is all unlimited plan for $70 but it includes only 500GB for Wifi Mobile Hotspot and no tethering (this is to ensure people taking advantage).
    In case you do not want to pay the full price of device, then there will be certain amount you will be paying as down payment (for which we do not have any confirmed price yet but can range from $199.99 to $299.99) with rest of the price split across 20 months of $20 each (you can work for different installment plans whichever suits you). And all these plans are No Contract plans where you can leave anytime paying the rest of installment amount. But after 20 months, its fully paid. Now compare it with plans of AT&T and you will understand that in 24 month contract, you end up paying much more to AT&T and moreover if you not decide to change the device you continue to pay higher price monthly rate (and no unlimited plans).
    03-24-13 07:19 PM
    I understand what you're saying but I don't think you understand that we're saying the same thing about the prices of the plan, the only thing is you think it's not more expensive or that they're providing some type of special service or discount or something.

The plan's cost is X per month
    they add 20 + X if you want to get a new phone with them

How is it that you can't see what I'm trying to show you?
    Why are you comparing to AT&T when I was always talking about TMobile's now-old plans?
    Do you want me to compare to Simple? it's just a bit absurd.
    Anywho, the links you provided do not take me anywhere that isn't the same page with the new plans. Thanks anyways.

EDIT I now see the "prepaid plans" they're still there thanks. The whole point is moot now.
    03-24-13 07:22 PM
    I understand what you're saying but I don't think you understand that we're saying the same thing about the prices of the plan, the only thing is you think it's not more expensive or that they're providing some type of special service or discount or something.

The plan's cost is X per month
    they add 20 + X if you want to get a new phone with them

How is it that you can't see what I'm trying to show you?
    Why are you comparing to AT&T when I was always talking about TMobile's now-old plans?
    Do you want me to compare to Simple? it's just a bit absurd.
    Anywho, the links you provided do not take me anywhere that isn't the same page with the new plans. Thanks anyways.

EDIT I now see the "prepaid plans" they're still there thanks. The whole point is moot now.
    Cool, I was beginning to think only I was seeing it for some reason, lol. If you have the SIM activation kit, you just activate it online and it will give you the option to select the $30 plan that you want.
    03-24-13 07:36 PM
    yeah lol, I also started reading all the comments/reviews on the Walmart website, Apparently there's a couple of apps that allow the use of Google Voice for unlimited calls and whatnot. Unfortunately I checked and neither is available on the BB10 as of yet.
    I don't know... 100 minutes is basically nothing, I wish they still had unlimited nights and weekends or something like that :P
    Still a very viable option, I have to think this through hahaha...
    03-24-13 07:58 PM
    is this price just best buy? because even their z10 for att has the same price of 699 & at att.com its 549.99

2) Best Buy.com website says:
    BlackBerry - Z10 4G Mobile Phone - Black (T-Mobile)
    $199.99 With new 2-year contract
    Unactivated Price: $699.99
    Free Shipping

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-24-13 08:47 PM
    Walmart had the z10 listed at 149.00 for a att one.
    03-24-13 08:57 PM
    I saw that. Unfortunately AT&T plans are a bit overpriced imo...
    TMobile has better options, not to mention if you can buy an unlocked one, then there's Simple Mobile.
    03-24-13 09:13 PM
    I went to my local store to get a sim card for old HTC one s for my girlfriend to use, and showed them my z10 and they were drooling over it. One associate said it would be 550 off contract.

There is my input to this thread

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 09:33 PM
    Simple Mobile is owned by t-mobile. I believe it uses the same towers. So it should work well. I do not believe they support wifi calling though, unlike t-mobile (I really like wifi calling, but currently the z10 doesnt support it). Unlocked it may come that way, it should if you pay for it all.

I was planning on getting a t-mobile subsidized z10 this week,I expected to pay about 250, but they seem to changed everything. I will give the loyalty people a call once it is out, maybe they can at least give be a discount.
    03-24-13 09:39 PM
    I went to my local store to get a sim card for old HTC one s for my girlfriend to use, and showed them my z10 and they were drooling over it. One associate said it would be 550 off contract.

There is my input to this thread

Posted via CB10
    thanks, I asked at my local store and even the manager said she wouldn't know the price until they came in. One could deduce that it'd be on par with AT&T's pricing which is 549
    03-24-13 09:39 PM
    simple mobile would be a good way to go if they didn't cut your data after around 3gb

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Avery8900 likes this.
    03-24-13 09:52 PM
38 12