01-11-13 02:18 PM
    That's almost 2 months after the "Launch". Really sucks that in addition to having to wait so long for BB10, that I have to wait even longer to get one. That's cutting that "Q1 2013" ridiculously close too. Wonder if all the US carriers will be this late in the Quarter.
    01-11-13 02:33 PM
    After Jan 30...I think it's more up to carriers than RIM to when customer hands.
    01-11-13 02:42 PM
    well t-mobile is always the last one to get anything.. hopefully the other carriers get it during feb.
    01-11-13 02:46 PM
    After Jan 30...I think it's more up to carriers than RIM to when customer hands.
    Depends. If all the US carriers start around the end of March then it is likely an issue of not getting a supply to US carriers until then. Or maybe RIM won't have the device supply ready for T-Mobile until then.
    01-11-13 02:46 PM
    argh this sucks big balls :'(
    01-11-13 02:50 PM
    01-11-13 03:00 PM
    Thor did say that RIM BB10 handsets will ship "in significant volume" during their fourth quarter ending Feb 2013. You can't ship in significant volume without including the US so I'd imagine the other carriers are getting it early Feb.
    01-11-13 03:00 PM
    Hmm. If you look at the bottom it states that on 3/17 they are going to have new International voice/data plans available and everything will be value plan after that too. Maybe T-Mobile is wanting to make people who switch also switch to the new plans. Also wonder if this means that they will be ditching the BlackBerry International e-mail plan that was $20 per month when needed. I plan on buying the phone outright and probably switch over to SIM only unlimited talk/text/data(2GB then throttled) for $130 per month for 5 lines.
    01-11-13 03:02 PM
    Looks like it's the Lisbon version. Waiting for Jan 30th seems so far away but the end of march ehh I'm gonna lose it
    01-11-13 03:39 PM
    i hope this is a joke. end of march is ridiculous way too long if they launch the 30th

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-11-13 04:01 PM
    Hmm. If you look at the bottom it states that on 3/17 they are going to have new International voice/data plans available and everything will be value plan after that too. Maybe T-Mobile is wanting to make people who switch also switch to the new plans. Also wonder if this means that they will be ditching the BlackBerry International e-mail plan that was $20 per month when needed. I plan on buying the phone outright and probably switch over to SIM only unlimited talk/text/data(2GB then throttled) for $130 per month for 5 lines.
    I think I'll buy it outright as well. I already have a value plan. I'd prefer to get it much sooner than 3/27 though. Maybe RIM will sell them unlocked.
    01-11-13 04:08 PM
    I think I'll buy it outright as well. I already have a value plan. I'd prefer to get it much sooner than 3/27 though. Maybe RIM will sell them unlocked.
    Doubtful. They don't want to make the "Carrier Partners" angry, even though the carriers stab them in the back at every turn!
    01-11-13 06:23 PM
    Don't forget TMO's 4G band is different from other carrier's so be sure to buy outright from Voda or another carrier that uses the TMO 4G band.
    01-16-13 06:38 AM
    well t-mobile is always the last one to get anything.. hopefully the other carriers get it during feb.
    They got the 9000, 9700, 9780, and 9900 on the first day they were available anywhere in the US. Maybe earlier models too; I'm not sure. But those were all "flagship" BBs, and Tmo got them all on day 1, as far as US release is concerned.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-16-13 01:59 PM
    yeah tmo LTE will be launched within the next two weeks. Make sure you get the Lisbon with AWS LTE (1700/2100mhz) and PCS HSPA+ (or AWS HSPA+)
    01-16-13 03:52 PM
    They got the 9000, 9700, 9780, and 9900 on the first day they were available anywhere in the US. Maybe earlier models too; I'm not sure. But those were all "flagship" BBs, and Tmo got them all on day 1, as far as US release is concerned.
    Um, NO. They never got the 9000, and the 9700 was on AT&T for a month at least before anyone else. Also, I believe AT&T didn't even get the 9780.
    01-17-13 12:58 AM
    Honestly, for the BlackBerry 10 launch to be successful every wireless carrier in North America must put these new smartphones into subscriber's hands by mid-February at the very latest. A two-week period from launch event to in subscriber hands would still be within the hype window before consumer interest fades as quickly as the sun at sunset in the desert. Realistically, global roll-out should happen during a coordinated 1-week marketing blitz so RIM could run advertisements with the tagline "The Mayan calendar predicted a world-changing event. January 2013 BlackBerry 10 was that event." Only thirteen days until the truth is revealed.
    01-17-13 01:43 AM
    Agreed - almost 60 days from press release to carrier release is unacceptable and just kills any momentum from the announcement. iPhone 5 was announced on 9/12 and 9 days later was released in the US. THAT is how it is done. When will RIM learn?
    01-17-13 06:54 AM
    Um, NO. They never got the 9000, and the 9700 was on AT&T for a month at least before anyone else. Also, I believe AT&T didn't even get the 9780.
    I stand corrected. Apparently AT&T almost released the 9780, and a few devices were seen and sold on eBay, but then decided not to go with it.

In any case, the point stands that T-Mobile isn't always the last to get new devices. That's still not enough to tell us what will happen with BB10.
    01-17-13 07:23 AM
    Anyone see this from nerdberry? RIM And T-Mobile Holding Executive BlackBerry 10 Event In NYC | NerdBerry.net which is scheduled for Jan 24th. Maybe it will launch sooner than March
    01-17-13 05:43 PM
    Honestly, for the BlackBerry 10 launch to be successful every wireless carrier in North America must put these new smartphones into subscriber's hands by mid-February at the very latest. A two-week period from launch event to in subscriber hands would still be within the hype window before consumer interest fades as quickly as the sun at sunset in the desert. Realistically, global roll-out should happen during a coordinated 1-week marketing blitz so RIM could run advertisements with the tagline "The Mayan calendar predicted a world-changing event. January 2013 BlackBerry 10 was that event." Only thirteen days until the truth is revealed.
    To really hit a homerun and gain worldwide interest all they need to do is 1 thirty second commercial on the biggest stage of them all...The Superbowl!...i wouldn't put it passed them, in fact, i'm expecting it.
    jerryeight likes this.
    01-18-13 01:22 AM
    To really hit a homerun and gain worldwide interest all they need to do is 1 thirty second commercial on the biggest stage of them all...The Superbowl!...i wouldn't put it passed them, in fact, i'm expecting it.
    Right, but if they run a Super Bowl ad on February 3rd, and people can't go out and buy it on February 4th, then that wouldn't be good for RIM!
    01-18-13 08:22 AM
    IIRC didn't the 9700 launch on T-Mo and AT&T simultaneously? I got mine on T-Mo on November 16th, 2009.

ETA: I also did some googling. According to what I found, the 9900 was available on T-Mo on Aug 31th, and on AT&T on Nov 6th. That can't be right, is it??
    01-18-13 09:33 AM
    Right, but if they run a Super Bowl ad on February 3rd, and people can't go out and buy it on February 4th, then that wouldn't be good for RIM!
    Uh i don't think so, seeing as how they advertise cars that won't be out til sept. Not to mention the countless other ads that have a "coming soon" theme to them...how about those summer movies you won't get to see for a few months?... The super bowl is the biggest platform to inform the masses and possibly persuade users that jumped ship to give them a 2nd chance...fact is there are STILL a lot of people that don't know anything about the new blackberry, those are your average joes that watch fox news, days of our lives, and the view...i have someone on my bbm that didn't know until i told her last week...an ad during the superbowl is hard to avoid, so it would be a great idea for them to do so.
    01-18-13 04:19 PM
30 12