Sounds like you were running along Steeles avenue to get to York University

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 09:18 PM
    Ofcourse NO PICTURE
    06-02-13 09:42 PM
    Sounds like you were running along Steeles avenue to get to York University

Posted via CB10
    No it was Mcmaster university I was st York a few times.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 10:17 PM
    My wifes wasn't so lucky.........

Z10 survived getting run over by a truck.-z_flat.jpg
    06-03-13 09:59 AM
    Eh... sorry but I am gonna call bs on this. How about you find that same truck and have it run over your Z again while you have video proof? Thanks.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : 10.0)
    Seriously, this is his one time accident. He was lucky. He merely share his experience. He is not asking people to experiment with their phones nor did he claim Z10 phones can withstand the weight of a truck. Chill bro.
    06-03-13 10:45 AM
    Funny enough, that's the road I was picturing when I read your story. . . I used to live on Broadway lol haven't been to Mac since graduation 6 years ago.
    Glad your Zed's ok!

No it was Mcmaster university I was st York a few times.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 11:07 AM
    I think TheBigHarvCombo's wife misunderstood, and tried to reproduce the incident. Oops! Must have used the wrong case lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z_Flat.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	167875
    06-03-13 11:08 AM
    Eh... sorry but I am gonna call bs on this. How about you find that same truck and have it run over your Z again while you have video proof? Thanks.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : 10.0)
    Right, because OP wanted his 15 minutes of fame on a forum. Or more insidiously, he wanted to make people raise their expectations for the Z10 durability, thus elevating the goodwill of the Blackberry Brand.

How dare he!!!

Z10 survived getting run over by a truck.-38050312.jpg
    06-03-13 11:14 AM
    To get to the other side

Posted via CB10
    LOL.

Chicken: Touche, my friend.
    06-03-13 11:21 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z_Flat.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	167875
    Must've been runned over by a bigger truck.
    06-03-13 11:57 AM
    Wow... 20 hour battery life, invincible device... You've got it made I guess, haha
    06-03-13 12:04 PM
    Well surely stands up to the reputation of ready for a day of work

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 03:53 PM
    Such bs. Big story with no pictures.

I will retract my BS theory once you bring up some proof, It only takes 2 minutes to produce a picture.

I am asking all of the Mods on Crackberry to IP ban his account if the proof is not submitted. Makes me so mad when people fabricate stories without proof.
    U mad, bro?

Seriously though, an IP ban? Bit of overkill, dontcha think?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 04:55 PM
    I'm a soldier serving in Afghanistan. So yesterday I was running late, and where I park my Humvee is far from my base. I had my z10 in my rucksack and was running across a dirt road in a village infested with with Taliban when we were unexpectedly ambushed. I made it across the dirt road, but heard a "whooooosh!!" and I looked behind me saw an RPG coming directly at me. I heard a loud explosion and felt a "thud" as the RPG round impacted my body. It turns out the RPG round hit me directly on my Z10 I was carrying. I was surprised to be alive. I thought dang my phone is toast. As I'm riding in the helicopter that is taking me to a field hospital to get checked out, I notice my pocket emits a ding and I'm like hmm so I take it out if my pocket and it's fully functional, no cracked screen or anything. The screen protector had many spots from where RPG shrapnel hit it. When i removed the screen protector the screen was scratch free. The Incipio dual pro case was kind of compressed around the bezel and all scratch every where and one of the corners of plastic was cracked. This case saved my device. I had my girl friend back home go to future shop and get me a new case Incipio dual pro of course and a screen protector. I'm recommending all my fellow soldiers here in Afghanistan also carry Z10's and Incipio dual pro cases, as they are clearly RPG proof.
    06-03-13 05:30 PM
    I'm a soldier serving in Afghanistan. So yesterday I was running late, and where I park my Humvee is far from my base. I had my z10 in my rucksack and was running across a dirt road in a village infested with with Taliban when we were unexpectedly ambushed. I made it across the dirt road, but heard a "whooooosh!!" and I looked behind me saw an RPG coming directly at me. I heard a loud explosion and felt a "thud" as the RPG round impacted my body. It turns out the RPG round hit me directly on my Z10 I was carrying. I was surprised to be alive. I thought dang my phone is toast. As I'm riding in the helicopter that is taking me to a field hospital to get checked out, I notice my pocket emits a ding and I'm like hmm so I take it out if my pocket and it's fully functional, no cracked screen or anything. The screen protector had many spots from where RPG shrapnel hit it. When i removed the screen protector the screen was scratch free. The Incipio dual pro case was kind of compressed around the bezel and all scratch every where and one of the corners of plastic was cracked. This case saved my device. I went to future shop and got a new case Incipio dual pro of course and a screen protector.
    LOL!

Brilliant. Yeah, I'm not buying the run over by a truck thing, but I do appreciate a good yarn.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 05:37 PM
    I've seen one fall from about 25 meters onto gravel. A few spots on the bottom of the screen turned black, but the touch interface still worked on those spots. It was wearing one of those minimalist cases, not sure which brand.
    Call me a liar if you want.
    06-03-13 05:46 PM
    So yesterday I was running late, and where I park is far from my campus. I had my z10 in my back pocket and was running across a 8 lane road. I made it across four lanes but heard a thump and I looked behind me and the phone was bouncing on the concrete. I was running as the phone was falling from my pocket so I was quite a bit ahead of it. I immediately turned around and as I was going to run back for it a truck drove over it with the back tire only. I thought dang my phone is toast. I ran back to get it and grabbed it off the road and stuffed it in my pocket thinking for sure it's toast. As I'm in the elevator my pocket emits a ding and I'm like hmm so I take it out if my pocket and it's fully functional, no cracked screen or anything. The screen protector had many spots from where rocks pressed against it. When i removed the screen protector the screen was scratch free. The Incipio dual pro case was kind of compressed around the bezel and all scratch every where and one of the corners of plastic was cracked. This case saved my device. I went to future shop and got a new case Incipio dual pro of course and a screen protector.

Just thought I'd share, I never thought this would happen lol.

Posted via CB10
    Within 3 days of receiving my Z10 I lost it out on the wildlife refuge when I accidentally left it on the hood of my friends car. One week later I received an email from someone saying they found my phone on the side of the road. It was missing the back to it, and all week it had been raining. Would you believe that this phone still works great! No cracked screen. I am using it right now. I sure am glad I didn't password protect the phone. My phone would probably been gone forever because the guy wouldn't have known who it had belonged to. I am also glad to know that this phone will endure hardships.
    06-03-13 09:52 PM
    I can tell you that if it had been one of my trucks, the phone would not have survived - LOL

06-03-13 10:09 PM
    I'm a soldier serving in Afghanistan. So yesterday I was running late, and where I park my Humvee is far from my base. I had my z10 in my rucksack and was running across a dirt road in a village infested with with Taliban when we were unexpectedly ambushed. I made it across the dirt road, but heard a "whooooosh!!" and I looked behind me saw an RPG coming directly at me. I heard a loud explosion and felt a "thud" as the RPG round impacted my body. It turns out the RPG round hit me directly on my Z10 I was carrying. I was surprised to be alive. I thought dang my phone is toast. As I'm riding in the helicopter that is taking me to a field hospital to get checked out, I notice my pocket emits a ding and I'm like hmm so I take it out if my pocket and it's fully functional, no cracked screen or anything. The screen protector had many spots from where RPG shrapnel hit it. When i removed the screen protector the screen was scratch free. The Incipio dual pro case was kind of compressed around the bezel and all scratch every where and one of the corners of plastic was cracked. This case saved my device. I had my girl friend back home go to future shop and get me a new case Incipio dual pro of course and a screen protector. I'm recommending all my fellow soldiers here in Afghanistan also carry Z10's and Incipio dual pro cases, as they are clearly RPG proof.
    Haha.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.0)
    06-03-13 10:46 PM
    A truck and an RPG.

Where is the story where you took the phone out to outer space on your moon excursion and got hit by an asteroid?

Still waiting.
    06-04-13 05:59 AM
    My old storm was run over by the pick up truck I was driving. It fell out the door as I was getting in. It was a construction site so no it wasn't asphalt. It survived though and I still have it. It's my back up just in case something happens to my z10.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 07:59 AM
    I believe this story as well. My wife ran over her 8900 years ago with a quad cab ram 1500 both driver side tires in a gravel driveway. There were some marks on the back but still work great.
    06-04-13 08:16 AM
72 123