What do you guys think if Z10 had the stylus app just like the samsung note 2. i find it handy on my note 2 and wished my Z10 had it. any opinions?
    04-09-13 12:56 AM
    Other phones require the pen because their screen is not as sensitive as blackberry's, and using the stylus makes them do things faster. Imagine using the Z10 keyboard with a stylus. U will be typing like a tortoise on weed.
    sgt_snacks-64 and sirxdaniel like this.
    04-09-13 01:41 AM
    Typing yes would be slower, as would other things. BUT the stylus has its place in mobile I still believe. Mostly for any writing/drawing type activity, tasks which your finger tip just inst designed to do and isnt accurate at all. I would personally love to be able to take quick written notes on my Z10 with a stylus, but at the same time I do not want a gigantic 5+inch device. If somehow it could be fit into a phone the Z10's size I would probably get it.
    04-09-13 02:59 AM
    Not interested in a stylus. I've used the note 2 and as cool as it seemed to have one when it came down to real world use it just wasn't there for me. But that's just one man's opinion.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 03:16 AM
    What do you guys think if Z10 had the stylus app just like the samsung note 2. i find it handy on my note 2 and wished my Z10 had it. any opinions?
    Even if the Z10 had an app, unfortunately it lacks the digitizer that the note series has, so it wouldn't be of much use; no pressure sensitivity, precision, hover/ button functions, etc... Although, it would be nice if bbry would give us wacom tech on a future tablet/phablet

Other phones require the pen because their screen is not as sensitive
    This was the case 10 years ago, back when phones used resistive touch screens.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 03:39 AM
    Well I'm currently using a cheap stylus I got at the local big box book store. Not worth mentioning the stylus brand as I'm sure I could of done some better research on it before buying. I bought it for my PlayBook to use for double tapping on text to zoom in while using the browser.

However I'm currently finding it useful to press on links to open in new tab when using my Z10 browser in HDMI mode. As for some reason the right-click on my Bluetooth mouse ain't working.
    07-23-13 12:09 AM
    Typing yes would be slower, as would other things. BUT the stylus has its place in mobile I still believe. Mostly for any writing/drawing type activity, tasks which your finger tip just inst designed to do and isnt accurate at all. I would personally love to be able to take quick written notes on my Z10 with a stylus, but at the same time I do not want a gigantic 5+inch device. If somehow it could be fit into a phone the Z10's size I would probably get it.
    leave that for the NDS

z10er
    07-23-13 01:24 AM
    Stylus slows me down

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.2354
    07-23-13 01:37 AM
    I would love Wacom stylus! Not for any type of text entry or navigation I really do think we can do that much faster without a stylus, but for any type of photo- editing, drawing, things of that nature, the stylus is much more accurate that your finger.

I'm currently looking to get a windows tablet, and the Wacom stylus is a must have for me on the tab, wouldn't be a deal breaker for me on a phone obviously, but it would be nice.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 01:49 AM