So, I just installed the 10.1.0.1762 leak on my STL 100-3 (and yes, it was the right version).
    It loaded up quickly, I only restored settings, updated all my accounts, etc., and I thought it was running fine, until I started getting sms messages.
    They're shown as coming in from the wrong contacts.
    So, a text from "John" would come in, and show up as being from "Amy."
    I restarted the phone, assuming it would fix it, and, tried texting myself from another phone again, except this time, a text from "John" shows up as being from "Andrew."
    However, within the contacts application, everyone's number is correct....
    Has anyone else had this issue?
    I just want to check to see if someone found a solution before I try re-installing the leak, or downgrading back to 1627.
    Thanks!
    05-10-13 02:28 PM
    So, I just installed the 10.1.0.1762 leak on my STL 100-3 (and yes, it was the right version).
    It loaded up quickly, I only restored settings, updated all my accounts, etc., and I thought it was running fine, until I started getting sms messages.
    I restarted the phone, assuming it would fix it, and, tried texting myself from another phone again, except this time, a text from "John" shows up as being from "Andrew."
    I just want to check to see if someone found a solution before I try re-installing the leak, or downgrading back to 1627.
    Thanks!
    What are your contact account sources? Gmail, facebook, twitter, EAS, BBM, SIM, etc. Open contacts, settings, and "show account in contact list" shows them all.
    05-10-13 02:37 PM
    Yikes! Sounds messy! I just sent a text and everything went well (although I did have to restore all my contacts after loading the leak). I'm not sure I can be of much, if any, help, but can you/did you try a selective restore from Link?
    05-10-13 02:44 PM
    Thanks!
    known problem on 10.1.

just delete all your text msgs to solved this issue
    05-10-13 02:49 PM
    been loving this phone except for contacts, don't matter what version your on it plays up. i'm now at the point where my z10 is going ebay once my nokia lumia fixed. come on blackberry contacts is the most important thing on any phone!!!!!!!! big let down and i've had enough!!!!!!!
    05-10-13 03:08 PM
    Thanks!
    Yeah this is a known bug. Delete all your texts and restart phone.
    05-10-13 03:23 PM
    I ended up reloading it, before I saw this, and everything is fine. I'd like to note it's the first time I've ever had that issue, and I've run multiple versions of 10.0 and 10.1. Good to know there's an easy fix, and hopefully BlackBerry will get it all sorted out before too long.
    Seems to be running pretty smoothly now. It was a little sluggish at first, but it's getting more and more smooth the longer it runs, which is to be expected.
    Thanks!
    05-10-13 04:36 PM
    I had this issue to, just restore your phone again , it should fix it

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 05:23 PM