For those of you that still use one would you recommend it? I heard the battery life sucks but I don't care for apps like whatsapp etc..how is it compared to the Z30?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-17 12:55 PM
    If possible go for z30 as it has way better battery life. Though please note that, no bb os phone support 4G in india.
    09-22-17 12:58 PM
    09-22-17 01:06 PM
    Do you do a lot of webbrowsing? If so, you should probably avoid BlackBerry 10 altogether.

Otherwise, if you're really just interested in SMS/Email/Phone, the Z10 is a very nice device.
    09-22-17 01:07 PM
    What's wrong with the Web browsing? No, it is not a desktop experience but I've had very few sites that don't work on it.

I like the smaller size and replaceable battery over the Z30. Works just fine for me.
    Is it worth it? Depends on the price. If it were $50 I'd pick up another one for sure. If it was $150, that would be a tough call...
    09-22-17 10:07 PM
    What's wrong with the Web browsing? No, it is not a desktop experience but I've had very few sites that don't work on it.
    It hasn't received a significant update in a long time. Already I think there are compatibility issues with a significant number of sites. Even if we assume it is a great browser now (which I don't it is), it won't be for long. Sites are constantly being updated, often only being tested against new browsers. Unlike with some apps, you can't just decide to continue running an older version of a site (unless the site owner went to a lot of extra effort to keep it available).
    09-22-17 10:25 PM
    If possible go for z30 as it has way better battery life. Though please note that, no bb os phone support 4G in india.
    Who told you?
    Every bb 10 os phone support 4G in india.
    I am using Q10 and 4G works very well. And previously I had z10 and z30, they both worked well.
    Now coming to OP go for Z30 it has better battery backup as compared to Z10.

4G works very well on all BB 10 OS in INDIA.
    But jio calling will not work. Vodaphone, idea, airtel, reliance 4G works flawlessly

Posted with love from PATHANKOT, INDIA
    09-22-17 10:48 PM
    Well just make sure you also get 2 spare batteries.
    09-22-17 11:57 PM
    Depend on how much you have to pay for the phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-17 08:13 AM
    For those of you that still use one would you recommend it? I heard the battery life sucks but I don't care for apps like whatsapp etc..how is it compared to the Z30?

Posted via CB10
    Do yourself a favor and either get used PRIV or KEYone if budget allows for it.

I bought Z10 first day it came out and I had it for a year or so. Then I got Z30 which is much better imo.

If there is only thing that I disliked about Z10 with passion it was battery life which was just atrocious. You really need extra battery with you. On the top of that charging is slow.

I mean if someone is giving you the phone for free then take it but I would not pay $1 for it now.

Also forget about running Android apps on it. They run slow like hell , many do not work and those that do are old versions.

Just buy used PRIV. You can get it for great discounts now. PRIV is soooooooo much better.

So in conclusion Z10 sucks.
    09-23-17 09:44 AM
    Stay away from BB10 devices as there have been no software updates for quite some time
    09-23-17 03:29 PM
    Yep. Z10 is great phone. Don't listen to the negative Nellie posts. I used one for four years. Battery life ain't great, but no worse than the other comparable phones from early 2013, plus the battery is swappable if you find it to be an issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-17 08:38 PM
    Yep. Z10 is great phone. Don't listen to the negative Nellie posts. I used one for four years. Battery life ain't great, but no worse than the other comparable phones from early 2013, plus the battery is swappable if you find it to be an issue.

Posted via CB10
    Sure it is great ... in your alternative life !
    09-23-17 08:48 PM
    It hasn't received a significant update in a long time. Already I think there are compatibility issues with a significant number of sites. Even if we assume it is a great browser now (which I don't it is), it won't be for long. Sites are constantly being updated, often only being tested against new browsers. Unlike with some apps, you can't just decide to continue running an older version of a site (unless the site owner went to a lot of extra effort to keep it available).
    Sites can be updated all they want but last I checked we are still on HTML5 with no version 6 any time soon. The browser provides pretty decent coverage of the standard (on par with our iPhone SE here) so unless a Web site is doing something stupid, it should continue to work if slowly.
    09-24-17 12:18 AM
    No, does not suck. I still use it all the time (like right now). I'm able to do all the things that the iPhone user next to me is doing.
    Yes, your mileage may vary depending on what apps you "need".
    But Android apps do not suck, they run very smoothly on my Z10 and to be honest, I really have not found an Android app that I wanted that does not work.
    Includes a bunch of games, streaming video apps and I even paid for an Android app that uses text to speech and OCR with camera and it works perfectly.
    09-24-17 12:23 AM
    Sites can be updated all they want but last I checked we are still on HTML5 with no version 6 any time soon. The browser provides pretty decent coverage of the standard (on par with our iPhone SE here) so unless a Web site is doing something stupid, it should continue to work if slowly.
    Web standards are a lot more complicated than you are giving them credit.
    Most webbrowsers have been gradually adding features, while BlackBerry hasn't.

I admit that BlackBerry's browser isn't as far behind as you might expect. This is because in many ways it was actually ahead originally.
    It's behind now though, and will stay where it is while the rest of the Web moves on.
    bitek likes this.
    09-24-17 07:27 AM
    I agree browsers have been adding features but standards are standards. Not being able to parse something non-standards compliant is a practical problem in that the user can't view the Web site. But who should be on the hook for fixing that problem? The guy who is following the rules or the one who is playing by the rules? We went through this exercise a decade ago when everyone decided that each browser implementing their own custom abilities (with respect to Web page rendering) was a bad idea.

I will note that if the BlackBerry browser is on par with standards compliance to the iPhone browser then we ought to be in good shape since Web sites wouldn't want to lock out that group of users. This assumes that Web sites aren't explicitly checking for BlackBerry (some do).

I have briefly checked the sites that do not work on the Z10 browser and all the ones I've found so far fail the W3C HTML validation test quite miserably.
    09-24-17 10:03 AM
    I agree browsers have been adding features but standards are standards. Not being able to parse something non-standards compliant is a practical problem in that the user can't view the Web site. But who should be on the hook for fixing that problem? The guy who is following the rules or the one who is playing by the rules? We went through this exercise a decade ago when everyone decided that each browser implementing their own custom abilities (with respect to Web page rendering) was a bad idea.

I will note that if the BlackBerry browser is on par with standards compliance to the iPhone browser then we ought to be in good shape since Web sites wouldn't want to lock out that group of users. This assumes that Web sites aren't explicitly checking for BlackBerry (some do).

I have briefly checked the sites that do not work on the Z10 browser and all the ones I've found so far fail the W3C HTML validation test quite miserably.
    Why would anyone want to buy bb10 phone in 2017. BlackBerry stopped completely to support this platform. There are no new apps for it. It ias dead. Bb10 = PlayBook.

Just forget about it unless you do not have money for getting a decent android phone.
    09-24-17 10:54 AM
    I agree browsers have been adding features but standards are standards. Not being able to parse something non-standards compliant is a practical problem in that the user can't view the Web site. But who should be on the hook for fixing that problem? The guy who is following the rules or the one who is playing by the rules?
    While I don't completely disagree with this from a theoretical point of view, in this case I'm more interested the web experience from an end user point of view. We can move blame around, but it doesn't make the browser work any better.

I will note that if the BlackBerry browser is on par with standards compliance to the iPhone browser then we ought to be in good shape since Web sites wouldn't want to lock out that group of users.
    It's not. Recent versions of the iphone browser have a much higher score at places such as html5test.com. The timeline also shows that every year the iPhone makes significant advancements. Interestingly, a quick search online indicates that Apple is doing a very good job at getting people off of old versions of ios.
    Also keep in mind that the total score comparison doesn't work well. Due to insignificant marketshare, any feature that BlackBerry supports that Apple does not, is not relevant.

This assumes that Web sites aren't explicitly checking for BlackBerry (some do).
    Unfortunately this happens all to often. Of course, you can use a third party browser and set a different useragent string.

Again, when it comes to a "normal" end user, this doesn't matter. If a site works fine in Chrome, and in Safari, but not on your browser, it is going to be frustrating, and you are unlikely to be able to convince the site owner to "fix" it.

There are other aspects to web compatibility too. For instance, fairly recently an increasing number of sites stopped working, giving https errors instead. Apparently this was largely because BlackBerry had not yet added support for let's encrypt certificates.
    This is actually one of the rare cases where BlackBerry issued an update to fix it. They were, however, unreasonably slow in doing so, and I don't think we can necessarily count on them to do it again in the future. Further, I know some people who are still receiving far too many of these sorts of errors despite installing the update. I think I read some explanation of that somewhere on these forums, which essentially blamed the sites for doing something wrong, but that doesn't make browsing any less frustrating for the user.

Just to clarify, I don't think the Z10 is a terrible device. It is a nice size, the hub is far better than the Android version (in my opinion), and the screen is very high resolution.
    You can likely even do a bit of webbrowsing without too many issues. If someone gets it primarily for webbrowsing, they will likely be disappointed. Inevitably they will come across some sites that don't work well if at all. This is particularly true if the intention is to keep the Z10 for a couple of years, as compatibility will continue to deteriorate.
    09-24-17 10:57 AM
    No it really doesn't. It was slightly better after the last update but the browser is the reason I gave up my z30. Without apps you have to depend on the browser. I was OK with that except for the fact that it stopped working reliably. I wouldn't go with a bb10 phone now for that reason alone. I had a z10, battery sucked, z30 was a much better phone. For the money I'd say go get a priv. Just my 2 cents
    09-24-17 10:58 AM
    Do you do a lot of webbrowsing? If so, you should probably avoid BlackBerry 10 altogether.

Otherwise, if you're really just interested in SMS/Email/Phone, the Z10 is a very nice device.
    Agreed
    09-24-17 10:59 AM
    Agreed
    Blackberry browser sucks. Chrome is way much more sophisticated and secured at this point.
    09-24-17 11:00 AM
    i would say Z10 it's a better option if you are on a budget ,it's smaller but it's got removable battery that will cost you around $15.00 to $20.00 ,you still can use few apps, sound quality it's ok ,not hd and i think reception it's better then Z30 but that's just my opinion
    since i started reusing my Z10 and Z30 again i don't get robo calls anymore
    09-24-17 12:15 PM
    I still use a BB Z10 in 2017. As for whether you should buy one, it really depends what you are going to use it for. If you plan on using it for email, texting, calendar, appointments, and phone calls, the BB Z10 is still an awesome phone. You cannot beat the BB10 Hub. As for social media, Twitter works great (still integrated in Hub) and there are still BB10 apps that work just fine with Facebook. In addition to some of the fine native Blackberry 10 apps that are still out there, I do have a number of Android Apps (Banking Apps, games, misc.) that I am able to run on the Z10. While battery life is not outstanding, I cannot say that it is the worst either. Most days I unplug from the charger at 6:30 A.M. and do not plug it in again until 10:00 P.M. at night. I do have an external battery I carry on business trips when I am using the phone more than usual. Web browsing is fine. I use the native browser for most things and use Zeus when a page requires Java.
    Markferraro likes this.
    09-24-17 09:21 PM
    I agree with the great summary above.

The other thing that I would note is it's excellent keyboard, ease of pocket ability due it's small size, and durability.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.2163

Posted via CB10
    Markferraro likes this.
    09-27-17 06:19 AM
32 12