Well guys, my battery always drain 25 to 30% at night standby mode,(location & bb link always off day nd night ), until tonight, i turned off the alarm from quick setting and its only drained 5%, im on 10.2.1.2102 official stl-100, i think its a bug in the os or something, anyone realize that before ?

Posted via BB Z10
    04-30-14 07:43 AM
    Honestly, the Z10 battery does drain no matter what you do. I always charged mine at night so in the morning I had a full battery.
    04-30-14 08:51 AM
    Ive been looking at this too for the last week..i avg about 5 percent usuage in last 12 hours..i quickly turned off this setting: "unblock device by swiping up". I have to press my top button to turn on display and then i swipe up to unblock... this has saved me a cosiderable amount of battery life. let me know how it worked out for you.
    04-30-14 08:55 AM
    Ive been looking at this too for the last week..i avg about 5 percent usuage in last 12 hours..i quickly turned off this setting: "unblock device by swiping up". I have to press my top button to turn on display and then i swipe up to unblock... this has saved me a cosiderable amount of battery life. let me know how it worked out for you.
    abt what u r talking ?
    04-30-14 09:11 AM
    No matter what I've tried, the Z10 battery just drains like crazy. I'll try that turning off swipe up to unlock feature.

Sent from the Berry using Tapatalk.
    04-30-14 09:11 AM
    abt what u r talking ?
    avg you mean...it means average
    04-30-14 09:18 AM
    No matter what I've tried, the Z10 battery just drains like crazy. I'll try that turning off swipe up to unlock feature.

Sent from the Berry using Tapatalk.
    Its noticible...yeah battery is no good...especially when you leave screen on for too long...hope it helps you out..and keep that blackberry out of the Texas sun ;-)
    Septembersrain likes this.
    04-30-14 09:20 AM
    avg you mean...it means average
    what i meant is when i turn off the "alarm" from the quick setting (scroll down from the top of the screen) its went less avg drain at night
    04-30-14 09:29 AM
    Please check the other apps that might be draining battery in the background...
    On close examination I found that Google Talk ate a lot of battery power on my phone....

Also, some Android apps are really notorious and constantly run in the background...like 8tracks, Soundcloud etc..

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 10:24 AM
    Device Monitor can give you an idea of what is burning the battery using the Battery and CPU tabs. BBWorld has Task Manager which can show if and what Android apps are running and kill them
    05-02-14 12:03 PM
    I honestly don't understand why people don't just plug the phone into a charger at night. Prolem solved and you can use Bedside Mode.
    05-02-14 01:13 PM
    I honestly don't understand why people don't just plug the phone into a charger at night. Prolem solved and you can use Bedside Mode.
    I feel the same way. I plug mine in when I go to bed at night. When morning comes I am ready with a full charge for the day. Other factors for battery drain are the notification settings that you have for social apps like Facebook and Twitter and Instagram. I turn mine off and only want to have the notification when I manually open the app. Another factor is the signal strength and the screen brightness settings.

I have done what I can do to conserve my battery, and then I made one of the smartest purchases I have ever made...I bought the battery charger bundle. Now I charge both at night, and then never worry about running out of power. If I get really low, I can charge from the bundle, or I can shut off the phone, remove the drained battery, insert the fully charged spare battery and I am good to go.
    05-02-14 02:00 PM
    Use the bundle as well. A for-sure battery killer is being in a "marginal" reception area and having your phone hunting for a signal. I live in an area where all phone reception is marginal. If I go to bed with it set for regular cell reception, by morning the battery will be down to 20% or so. If I use wifi-calling (I'm on t-mo usa), by morning the battery will still be at 85% or more.
    05-03-14 05:58 AM
    I want my device to be more efficient. I don't want my device to drain the battery when it's not being used. This is so that one day, when I need to use my phone more than usual, it will not die later in the day because some greedy processes ate up 25% of the charge - as it seems to do for me and many other people. I don't have confidence that my battery will last the entire day. My last BB, a 9860, was better at conserving. with light use, it lasted two days before charging.
    Bedside mode, uses 25% of the charge every 8 hours. That's completely un-necessary.

That is why people are griping about battery life. We don't all use the phone only 8 hours a day and leave it plugged in the rest.
    01-14-15 02:15 PM
    I seem to have found the answer to this:
    • Go to the clock application on your z10 or q10. swipe down to get the settings icon and tap it.
    • Change the "wireless connection in bedside mode" setting to "off".

Once I changed that setting, the overnight drain went from 26% all the way down to 4%!
    (There is no way to do this in any "bedside mode" settings)
    My OS is 10.2.1.3062.
    Hope this helps!
    01-15-15 03:44 PM
    I seem to have found the answer to this:
    • Go to the clock application on your z10 or q10. swipe down to get the settings icon and tap it.
    • Change the "wireless connection in bedside mode" setting to "off".

Once I changed that setting, the overnight drain went from 26% all the way down to 4%!
    (There is no way to do this in any "bedside mode" settings)
    My OS is 10.2.1.3062.
    Hope this helps!
    Glad for you, but what happens when you switch that Wifi back on during the day? You're not curing the root cause here.

To dispel some myths the swipe to unlock doesn't have any noticeable effect on battery life.
    Also to think that by having alarm set for the night drains the battery is also complete non sense.
    01-15-15 09:55 PM
    To dispel some myths the swipe to unlock doesn't have any noticeable effect on battery life.
    It does. All depends on how often something touches the screen. With phone sitting on the desk the difference is barely noticeable, but in pocket the result is about 10% less battery life. I've tested it many times.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 10:34 PM
    How did you test it?
    01-16-15 01:47 AM
    How did you test it?
    By leaving in on the desk vs keeping it in my pocket, of course.
    01-16-15 05:05 AM
    I put mine in bedside mode with all connections' off. Then it always takes 0-1% everytime (from 11pm-7am).
    If you leave any connections then about 10% loss would be good. Check whether any android app running in background.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 06:25 AM
    By leaving in on the desk vs keeping it in my pocket, of course.
    Well I measure standby power drain with Basa and could not confirm your results. I wear the phone in front jeans pocket.
    Over the week where I had that feature on I didn't see a difference in graphs.
    I'm not saying you're wrong but certainly I believe my - objective numbers and graphs - method more than subjective "feelings".
    01-16-15 07:59 PM
    Well I measure standby power drain with Basa and could not confirm your results.
    Then keep it on, if it works for you.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 09:32 PM
    I go to work with my phone at 95%by the end of my shift with no use its at 50 why is that?

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 09:46 PM
    If you leave any connections then about 10% loss would be good. Check whether any android app running in background.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. 8 to 10% is the magic number. It happens no matter what you do.
    Sometimes though (once a month), bbm goes into a draining frenzy. Z10 heats up and will empty in a couple of hours. A reboot fixes it.

Z10/white/100-2/10.2.1.3442
    01-17-15 04:46 AM
    My battery seems to be going strong, I have left it mostly untouched for the whole day, with wifi and 4G on and it is still 38% after 25 hours since last charge

Z10 standby battery drain-img_20150119_014230.png

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 11:47 AM
27 12