I think I'm starting to get ........EXCITED!!
    01-03-13 12:01 PM
    I was a long time BB user,but as RIM continued to stumble and fail to deliver the goods I moved on. iOS just can't do what you need and while I am back on Android and pretty happy with my GN2 on Verizon I can't help but wonder how nice the Z10 will be. The screen will definitely be smaller 4.2" vs 5.5" but how will it stack up. Specs wise they are nearly the same in a very solid way. So I will actually be watching with anticipation on Jan. 30th and if the goods are real I may very well sell off my GN2 and move back to BB. Verizon will of course HAVE to offer the 32GB variant.

Oh and if the rumors are true about web browser speed and rendering then that is a big win.
    Why would you require a 32GB variant when you can throw a 64GB microSD in there giving you a total of 80GB of space? (or likely a 128GB card for 144GB of space)
    01-03-13 12:08 PM
    Very nice!
    Even with the branding, it's subtle enough not to take away from the overall impression of the device, which imo is sweet!

Less then a month to go!
    01-03-13 12:34 PM
    this has me more inclined to believe verizon will have it available at launch or within days.
    01-03-13 02:23 PM
    Anyone know if the VZ Z10 will do voice and data simultaneously? I know the iPhone5 can't but some of their Android phones can. If the Z10 can, I may make the switch to VZ from AT&T.
    That feature alone would make you leave a superior 4G network? Even if you can't, there's too many wifi hotspots in malls, coffee shops, etc. where you can. I don't know. I just never thought of that being a deal breaker. Now with this being 4G LTE capable. If I was on At&t I'd be pretty annoyed knowing in a lot of areas your only getting HSPA+. Verizon you've got superior 4G LTE coverage all over.
    01-03-13 02:32 PM
    Why would you require a 32GB variant when you can throw a 64GB microSD in there giving you a total of 80GB of space? (or likely a 128GB card for 144GB of space)
    Do we know for sure these bigger cards will work and what can actually be stored on them? If apps have to go to the phone instead of the card it could suck up the memory fast.
    01-03-13 02:33 PM
    The problem is we do not know for sure if apps or their associated data files can be stored on the external sd cards. If they can't then 16GB of which less than 9GB would be useable is insufficient for today's smartphones. Make 32GB the standard.
    01-03-13 02:37 PM
    Do we know for sure these bigger cards will work and what can actually be stored on them? If apps have to go to the phone instead of the card it could suck up the memory fast.
    I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. I don't think you will ever be able to store apps on a micro sd card. Just like other smartphones, these companies know people love downloading apps. A 32 GB is the one for people like that. Plus with a 32GB you can load up on apps and still have a fast and smooth running phone. Add a 32 or 64GB micro sd you've got plenty of memory for videos, pictures, and a gang of music.
    DJM626 likes this.
    01-03-13 02:49 PM
    That feature alone would make you leave a superior 4G network? Even if you can't, there's too many wifi hotspots in malls, coffee shops, etc. where you can. I don't know. I just never thought of that being a deal breaker. Now with this being 4G LTE capable. If I was on At&t I'd be pretty annoyed knowing in a lot of areas your only getting HSPA+. Verizon you've got superior 4G LTE coverage all over.
    I travel a ton (driving in different cities) and live on my phone's GPS app and browser while on calls. Wifi doesn't help at all in such applications. Complete and total deal breaker if v&d not available simultaneously.
    01-03-13 03:00 PM
    I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. I don't think you will ever be able to store apps on a micro sd card. Just like other smartphones, ....
    Android lets you store apps on the SD card. My Android SD card has more than 80% of my apps on it. Aren't they "other smartphones"? Why can't BB10 be like them, why does it have to be like iOS? I guess we'll find out this month - though I'm not holding my breath for it.
    01-03-13 03:03 PM
    Right. It's a new phone, give us something new like this. Android has it, BB should too.
    01-03-13 03:15 PM
    Sounds like storing on sd card is a possibility. Now do we know max sd card size it will accept for sure?
    01-03-13 04:33 PM
    Android lets you store apps on the SD card. My Android SD card has more than 80% of my apps on it. Aren't they "other smartphones"? Why can't BB10 be like them, why does it have to be like iOS? I guess we'll find out this month - though I'm not holding my breath for it.
    Security being a huge reason why no apps on micros cards, and any dev should be able to test the app memory question. Should be able to have it set in permissions without issue.
    01-03-13 04:42 PM
    Storing on an SD card has no security, and can easily be pirated. IF RIM were to allow apps to be installed on an SD card, the phone would have to automatically install some type of security on the SD card to make it so you can't download the apps onto your PC.
    01-03-13 04:44 PM
    Why do they call SD cards "Secure Digital"? Surely they can find a way to store applications on SD cards.
    01-03-13 08:04 PM
    Ok I see the Verizon logo clearly, but if that's an AT&T phone umm where is the logo?

Or are we wondering Where AT&T will put their logo? I am confused.

Love the pics, but first thought WOW the one on the right is bigger...but clearly camera plays angle tricks to the eye.
    logos can also go on the back of the phone...
    01-03-13 08:16 PM
    Why do they call SD cards "Secure Digital"? Surely they can find a way to store applications on SD cards.
    Because "Insecure Digital" didn't have quite the same ring to it.
    01-03-13 08:16 PM
    Is that boxes i see in the reflection?...or is it a wall, lol those horizontal lines make it look much wider tho...BUT CANT WAIT!!!
    It looks like a reflection of the ceiling tiles on the screens. It sort of makes the bezel at the bottom of the left one look really thick if you just give it a quick glance.
    01-03-13 10:14 PM
    logos can also go on the back of the phone...
    Very true, but there is no back picture and so this picture of the 3 devices display only One carrier's logo. People were talking about the ATT logo, but I just did not see it.
    01-03-13 10:19 PM
    These are going to be the longest 25 days EVER.....aside from the last 25 days prior to childbirth, of course.....
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    01-04-13 03:45 AM
    Yes, I like it
    01-04-13 03:48 AM
    Anyone know if the VZ Z10 will do voice and data simultaneously? I know the iPhone5 can't but some of their Android phones can. If the Z10 can, I may make the switch to VZ from AT&T.
    I travel a ton (driving in different cities) and live on my phone's GPS app and browser while on calls. Wifi doesn't help at all in such applications. Complete and total deal breaker if v&d not available simultaneously.
    Sorry to say but I'm pretty sure it WILL NOT have simultaneous Voice and data according to the FCC publishing. There's only 1 antenna on the device and since it's not GSM you can only use it for CDMA or LTE. not both. Same thing with the iPhone 5. There's only a single antenna so only voice or data... not both. I posted about this in the FCC thread. I'll go hunt it down and edit this post.
    01-04-13 07:10 AM
    Sorry to say but I'm pretty sure it WILL NOT have simultaneous Voice and data according to the FCC publishing. There's only 1 antenna on the device and since it's not GSM you can only use it for CDMA or LTE. not both. Same thing with the iPhone 5. There's only a single antenna so only voice or data... not both.
    until verizon rolls out voice over LTE, you are stuck using the same system they have been using for years. Voice OR data, not both, unless you are connected to something via WiFi.
    01-04-13 07:13 AM
    SD (Secure Digital) Definition

Copyright protection, initially used for the music industry to calm concerns about music piracy (which obviously did not work)

Applications are another beast entirely.
    01-04-13 07:16 AM
    I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. I don't think you will ever be able to store apps on a micro sd card. Just like other smartphones, these companies know people love downloading apps. A 32 GB is the one for people like that. Plus with a 32GB you can load up on apps and still have a fast and smooth running phone. Add a 32 or 64GB micro sd you've got plenty of memory for videos, pictures, and a gang of music.
    The problem is if RIM doesn't launch a 32GB version or make that the standard version then they will lose a significant number of customers. I like what I see, but I don't see any reason to trade my GN2 with 16GB for a Z10 with 16GB its a zero sum game. I need more and with the GN2 I can modify my rooted device to make my 64GB ext. sd card the primary storage. Still I would like to return to the BB world but not lose my shirt doing it.
    01-04-13 09:23 AM
57 123