There's a TV advert for an energy company in the UK and eagle-eyed crackberries might have spotted how the mobile phone in the advert bears a striking resemblance to a Z10.
    Before everyone slams me about the white Z10 having a black screen and digitizer, I still think the device in this advert looks suspiciously like an all-white Z10.

Is it a Z10 spotted in the a EDF Energy TV advert?-possible-z10.png

I mean like, look at the top part, near the earpiece, and also note the button, headphone jack on the top, and on the right hand side with the volume and play/pause button.
    See for yourself:

Put me out of my misery, is it a Z10 or not?
    Reminds me of that time will.i.am from the Black Eyed Peas used a prototyped PlayBook in The Time (Dirty Bit)'s music video...

Is it a Z10 spotted in the a EDF Energy TV advert?-playbook.fw.jpg
    Link
    02-25-15 03:01 PM
    No. I just viewed their website and the only phones available for app download are IOS and Android.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    02-25-15 04:22 PM
    Ya that's a z10 but they whited out the bezel. Probably so the didn't have to Give BlackBerry any props!

Posted via white BlackBerry Zed10
    02-25-15 06:35 PM
    Yup definitely a z10. Sucks how they can use it in a commercial and it's not even officially supported. sigh
    02-25-15 07:50 PM
    Ya that's a z10 but they whited out the bezel. Probably so the didn't have to Give BlackBerry any props!

Posted via white BlackBerry Zed10
    That shouldn't really be allowed, but unfortunately it happens to virtually any phone company. I've seen Samsung Galaxy S4 with no Samsung logo used in a Bingo site TV advert and an iPhone doesn't really need any changes to look unbranded.

Ya know, personally, I wouldn't care if one of my devices was used in an advert without my permission, but ONLY if they don't debrand it like how EDF Energy has. Why couldn't they just leave it as it is and reach an agreement with BlackBerry. They need all the rep they can get.
    Oh well, at least they didn't use an iPhone like most of these kind of adverts seem to be swaying towards.
    Last edited by Someone7272; 03-08-15 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Follow up.
    03-08-15 08:07 PM