not getting any sound... volume is all the way up on everything... solutuion?and when is the new software update
    02-17-13 04:52 PM
    Yup its a bug. Happened to the wife twice yesterday and me once. I had to reboot

Posted via CB10
    snarlybear likes this.
    02-17-13 05:10 PM
    You know I really can't wait to get my own Z10, but there's quiet an amount of questionable bugs people discover. I know it's a new platform, but the amount of bugs I get to hear about worries me.
    02-17-13 05:15 PM
    That's about the only issue I have had so far and I'm sure it will be addressed. Actually discovered a small bug with the Crackberry App also but has nothing to do with the OS. Overall I am very very satisfied and would highly recommend it

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 05:22 PM
    Quick restart usually fixes my gf's phone when it happens

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 05:45 PM
    Have you been using bluetooth?
    snarlybear likes this.
    02-17-13 05:51 PM
    I just had a similar problem. Turns out my Bluetooth connection to my Bluetooth headset was still on. Z10 was "trying" to tell me handset speakers were turned off to enable the headset. What fooled me was phone still worked for calls.
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    02-20-13 11:26 PM
    I took my Blackberry Q10 back to Telus due to no sound or vibration. They replaced it. Now it has started again. Yes there is a update. It didn't correct the problem. Telus advice was to take out the battery, wait, then put it back in again. Don't do this. This screws up the batteries life. Yes, I do think that there is a connection between, my vehicle bluetooth and the speakers. Last weekend, I didn't use Bluetooth once, and the speakers worked perfectly the whole time. I quick correction. Turn the unit off and then back on again. Bottom line, Yes I can take it back for different one, but, I'm a Canadian, and I really do like this phone.
    02-22-13 06:02 PM
    I took my Blackberry Q10 back to Telus due to no sound or vibration. They replaced it. Now it has started again. Yes there is a update. It didn't correct the problem. Telus advice was to take out the battery, wait, then put it back in again. Don't do this. This screws up the batteries life. Yes, I do think that there is a connection between, my vehicle bluetooth and the speakers. Last weekend, I didn't use Bluetooth once, and the speakers worked perfectly the whole time. I quick correction. Turn the unit off and then back on again. Bottom line, Yes I can take it back for different one, but, I'm a Canadian, and I really do like this phone.
    Your posting is contradictory. Maybe Bluetooth device pairing grabs the audio signal. I have used Bluetooth headset and the smartphone speakers at different times obviously without issue. I doubt your BlackBerry Z10 is at fault. Check the Bluetooth settings and pairing.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    02-22-13 09:47 PM
    also where did ya get a Q10?

CB10 App, Z10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    02-22-13 10:07 PM
    i am having problem hearing incoming calls through the handset,it works on the speaker mode,handsfree and bluetooth,but the incoming voice of the caller is unheard through the handset.how can i rectify it,everything else is fine i can listen to music and ringtones are heard too,i am unable to go to an authorised blackberry service center as service center in india dont accept international warranty as my mobile was bought in singapore unlocked one,i agreed to pay the cost of repair but they have strictly refused as they would service only handsets bought in india.i have been blackberry user for almost 6 years now,i quit blackberry because of bold9900 battery issues please tell me a way to sort out this issue,thanks in advance.
    04-12-13 01:35 AM
    The speaker on my BB10 is not working. Tried a restart didn't work. Did a hard reset by removing the battery and then it worked for a bit, but then went back to its silent state. Same problem surfaced a few hours later, and now even a hard reset is not helping ....any thoughts. This is ridiculous, Blackberry needs to do something about this quick.....this is a real pain in the b***

I am holding back on giving up the device cos my whole corporate profile is active on it, will wait another couple days....it's clearly a software thing....but can't seem to figure it out..
    04-12-13 09:29 PM
    I had the same issue and assumed it was a bug but later I found out that bluethooth was on and connected to my laptop forcing the volume to come out through the laptop. It's likely you're connected to somehow via bluethooth. Just turn it off and you're set.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 09:35 PM
    Happened to me, I tried to listen to a song on YouTube, via the speaker. Volume all the way up, could barely hear a thing.
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    04-12-13 09:49 PM
    I have participated in some of these last days and has many users around the world with this problem here at crackberry and found no solution.
    I have the same problem many days.
    04-13-13 06:45 AM
    I had the same problem last week, for a few days the smartphone was mute but it worked again until yesterday afternoon. I used endomondo though my running and when I reached home I noticed that the speaker was not working. I'm a big blackberry fan but I'm seriously thinking I made a big mistake purchasing the Z10.
    05-21-13 06:31 AM
    My speaker seems to have just died also. No sound whatsoever, texts, phone calls alarm.... Music plays thru headphones tho. I have reset and rebooted. Was working dine earlier in the day.
    Any clues?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:03 PM
    The carrier replaced my gadget, according to them lots of Z10 smartphones had the same problem. Don' waste your time trying to restart the phone or things of that nature, take it to your carrier and ask for the replacement.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 12:50 PM
    Hi asiffhussain and other BB addicts like myself... What I have discovered for my Z10 STL100-3 with OS 10.2.1.2xxx is that the Blue Tooth in my case is Jawbone is the problem.. once it is activated or should I say on and later try to play say a video or use another device. I have No speaker sound when playing a video or music, but if I plug in a headset in the audio port works fine, just not speakers. If a call comes in . I have to select speaker to hear the caller, then switch back to blue tooth for it to work. Do a Restart and all will return to normal, whatever you call normal is? There appears to be some type of issue between software ver. Os and devices for the headset, speaker audio to switch to different modes pending what your needs are.. so for now I'm doing a restart when I have this issue appear.. It is an inconvenient and time consuming.. best fix I know of at the moment.. Enjoy Be Safe
    05-30-14 07:02 PM
    I just erased everything i've written and so im going to make this as short and sweet as I can. I have been having the same problems with my z10 and tapping or hitting near the bottom didnt work for me and I am not to the point of paying for repairs.. so foruntaley, my mother has tools that are required to take off the backing (exposing the motherboard, not the battery face) which is really what is needed. There are 3 screwheads you need, a 4star, 6star and another smaller 6 star.. (SORRY FOR NOT KNOWING THE PROPER TERMS) Once you have these tools which I realize isnt as easy to come by as it was for me... ( my mother fixes phones..) But if you are able, and have to tools or any way to get the backing off (WITHOUT stripping the screws) then all you need to do once the motherboard is exposed, is look towrd the bottom where there speaker is (OR the bottom that looks like a little vent) There are two little prongs from the mother board that are pointing upwards that make a connection with the back other inside of the phone ( NOT THE BACKING THAT FIRST PULL OFF WITHOUT ANY SCREWS) once this is done you should see two prongs at the bottom facing upward towards you, ther both need to be even as one might be sticking down and not making a connection with the backing (like i said I mean, the backing you unscrewed, not the pull off one... one the are both pointed towards you make an estimate to see if they will connect with the back, if you believe they do then screw the back on, stick everything back in and turn on the phone... go to music and try and see if it works.... hope this helps as im ecstatic I finally get to hear my speakers.. more music and no more missed calls!!! Yay... hope all goes well P.S SORRY IF THIS IS NOT POSTED IN THE RIGHT PLACE, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME POSTING IN THIS FORUM.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-27-14 05:38 PM
    I just erased everything i've written and so im going to make this as short and sweet as I can. I have been having the same problems with my z10 and tapping or hitting near the bottom didnt work for me and I am not to the point of paying for repairs.. so foruntaley, my mother has tools that are required to take off the backing (exposing the motherboard, not the battery face) which is really what is needed. There are 3 screwheads you need, a 4star, 6star and another smaller 6 star.. (SORRY FOR NOT KNOWING THE PROPER TERMS) Once you have these tools which I realize isnt as easy to come by as it was for me... ( my mother fixes phones..) But if you are able, and have to tools or any way to get the backing off (WITHOUT stripping the screws) then all you need to do once the motherboard is exposed, is look towrd the bottom where there speaker is (OR the bottom that looks like a little vent) There are two little prongs from the mother board that are pointing upwards that make a connection with the back other inside of the phone ( NOT THE BACKING THAT FIRST PULL OFF WITHOUT ANY SCREWS) once this is done you should see two prongs at the bottom facing upward towards you, ther both need to be even as one might be sticking down and not making a connection with the backing (like i said I mean, the backing you unscrewed, not the pull off one... one the are both pointed towards you make an estimate to see if they will connect with the back, if you believe they do then screw the back on, stick everything back in and turn on the phone... go to music and try and see if it works.... hope this helps as im ecstatic I finally get to hear my speakers.. more music and no more missed calls!!! Yay... hope all goes well P.S SORRY IF THIS IS NOT POSTED IN THE RIGHT PLACE, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME POSTING IN THIS FORUM.
    Welcome to Crackberry and I'm sure your advice will help someone in the future.
    06-27-14 08:41 PM