I have a second Z10 that has very low volume via the internal speaker. However, I do get full volume from the earphone jack and from bluetooth. I just finished replacing the old speaker/earphone jack piece as a fix, and that did not solve the problem. (I did that because the old ear jack was bad and did not allow for a good connection.)

I think I had first tried a full reset of the phone - wipe and OS reinstall.

Anything else to try? I am stumped as to why I can get full sound out of the earpiece jack but not via the phone speaker. There's no speaker in the unit other than the one that's up near the top, correct? Could this be a motherboard issue or a software issue? Thanks for any suggestions - I'm really stumped.
    04-02-18 11:00 AM
    Pretty sure the Z10 had dual speakers.... for stereo sound.
    04-02-18 11:31 AM
    Pretty sure the Z10 had dual speakers.... for stereo sound.
    No. Single speaker at the top.
    04-02-18 11:37 AM
    I have a second Z10 that has very low volume via the internal speaker. However, I do get full volume from the earphone jack and from bluetooth. I just finished replacing the old speaker/earphone jack piece as a fix, and that did not solve the problem. (I did that because the old ear jack was bad and did not allow for a good connection.)

I think I had first tried a full reset of the phone - wipe and OS reinstall.

Anything else to try? I am stumped as to why I can get full sound out of the earpiece jack but not via the phone speaker. There's no speaker in the unit other than the one that's up near the top, correct? Could this be a motherboard issue or a software issue? Thanks for any suggestions - I'm really stumped.
    Either a motherboard issue or you bought a dud speaker/earpiece. Sorry, nothing else comes to mind except making sure the replacement part is inserted properly etc.
    04-02-18 11:45 AM