Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I have tried to search this, but to be quite frank, I just don't understand the majority of information out there. I can currently get it for 150.

General questions:
    1) Is there a native Skype app? I read somewhere there is a "preview" available. Is that "preview" available to everyone? Does the sideload app work properly?

2) So Snap "mimics the play store". Are all the sideloaded apps available through snap working correctly (i mean are they tested?)

Specific z10 questions:
    3) Will the z10 get the update onto the amazon store?

4) Is the camera easy to use and really as good as in the reviews?

5) What is the build quality like?

6) What are these threads on about regarding battery issues on the z10?
    08-21-14 06:29 PM
    There is no native Skype app however the android one available in blackberry world or snap works excellently very good quality from my personal experience

Snap is the play store it's just a gateway so to speak a lot of the apps work like 95% ish the ones you have problems with will be the ones that need Google play services, they are untested but just ask around on here people will tell you.

Blackberry os 3 will come with Amazon appstore pre loaded

Camera well It's easy to use and photos taken by me on my z10 see bottom of this post

Build quality is very good metal sides and good quality plastic back it has a rubber ish feeling to it, also it is slightly textured

Battery is not great I get maybe half a day or 500 BBM messages just look on here. I would recommend carrying the blackberry external battery pack

I hope this helps

Attachment 292283
    Z10 - Some questions need help-img_20140608_130324.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 06:52 PM
    There is no native Skype app however the android one available in blackberry world or snap works excellently very good quality from my personal experience

Snap is the play store it's just a gateway so to speak a lot of the apps work like 95% ish the ones you have problems with will be the ones that need Google play services, they are untested but just ask around on here people will tell you.

Blackberry os 3 will come with Amazon appstore pre loaded

Camera well It's easy to use and photos taken by me on my z10 see bottom of post

Build quality is very good mental sides and back is rubberised textured plastic again feels nice in hand and having dropped mine twice and not a scratch I would say hard wearing

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Z10 - Some questions need help-img_20140615_141928.jpg   Z10 - Some questions need help-img_20140608_130324.jpg  
    Last edited by jackboy1606; 08-22-14 at 05:26 AM.
    08-21-14 06:57 PM
    The battery life worries me now. Half a day sounds pretty bad. Can anyone else allay my concerns?
    08-24-14 08:08 PM
    Battery life varies. I easily get 12- 14 hrs a day out of mine.

STL-4. 10.3.0.1052
    08-24-14 08:25 PM
    I have tried to search this, but to be quite frank, I just don't understand the majority of information out there. I can currently get it for 150.

General questions:
    1) Is there a native Skype app? I read somewhere there is a "preview" available. Is that "preview" available to everyone? Does the sideload app work properly?

2) So Snap "mimics the play store". Are all the sideloaded apps available through snap working correctly (i mean are they tested?)

Specific z10 questions:
    3) Will the z10 get the update onto the amazon store?

4) Is the camera easy to use and really as good as in the reviews?

5) What is the build quality like?

6) What are these threads on about regarding battery issues on the z10?
    Hey djpailo, I hope I can answer your questions as follows: -

1) There is no native Skype app - the app in BlackBerry World is an android port... my honest opinion would be to download the Amazon App Store and get Skype through that... the add runtime environment in BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 is eons apart from the lowly version we started off with on 10.0 in January 2013 so using Skype shouldn't be too bad

2) from my own experience, all of the Google apps such as Gmail, YouTube and Google+ all require the Google Play Services, which I found did not work on my Z10... so my experience has taught me that android apps that require Google Play Services won't work. The easiest option will be to download the Amazon App Store and seeing if the selection on offer is suitable for your needs before going through the rigmarole of side loading the Snap app

3) the Amazon App Store will be pre-installed on all BlackBerry 10 devices running OS 10.3.x

4) yes the camera is easy to use, if somewhat basic compared to other phones - this ain't no Nokia Lumia 1020!! You tap the screen to take a photo and you drag the focus square to where you want the camera to focus... you can also use the Volume Up key as a shutter button if you rotate the phone 90 degrees to the left if you know what I mean!)

5) Build quality is really glad - I have the spare battery for my Z10 and the back door isn't showing any signs of loosening or wearing away it's plastic clip-groove things so everything feels tight as a drum still!

6) battery life really does depend on your usage - the battery in the BlackBerry Z10 is an 1800mAh capacity battery and flight general usage it will last you a day (my battery life as chugs along on a quiet day whereas heavy usage will obviously drain it down a bit).

My honest opinion?

1) If you want it now? Get the Z10 and then spend another 20 tops on the Spare Battery Charger Bundle - you seriously won't regret it
    2) If your really concerned about battery life? Get the BlackBerry Z3 imported into the UK - OK it has a slightly slower CPU, 5MP camera and no Micro HDMI port but it does have a 5" screen, 2500mAh battery and Miracast
    3) If money is not an issue? Get a Z30

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 07:06 PM
    The battery life worries me now. Half a day sounds pretty bad. Can anyone else allay my concerns?
    Nope, half a day as in 12 hours is about right for moderate use. Pick it up and nail it none stop and you can easily flatten the battery in 3 hours.

It's the only weakness of the Z10, get the external battery pack or stump up for the Z30 which doesn't have this problem.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.3
    gobimmer likes this.
    08-25-14 07:35 PM