What are you basing this on? Isn't it possible that there were more orders than anticipated? What if phones start showing up for delivery today, but the communication was poor. Is it worth all this mental energy to get so upset? Apparently many people here have not experienced real hardship.

Posted from my Z10
    All I'm asking for is a little communication between the seller and the buyer. For all I know this was a spam email and I lost $200. I know nothing and I don't like that, if they sent me a email saying what's up, I would be fine with that.

Please God, don't talk about hardships. I've led marines in Iraq and Afghanistan, been away from friends and family. This is simply poor communication skills from the seller.
    Tabdus, tiger4 and modifier like this.
    12-04-13 12:56 PM
    After a long conversation with DR rep, I got my shipping refunded. Also they stated phones will be shipping on 12/5/13. Let's see if this holds true.

A little communication would go a long way. All they needed to do is send out an email advising of a delay due to lack of stock. People prefer this to being left in the dark.
    Superfly_FR and BBJoe2011 like this.
    12-04-13 01:54 PM
    AlPlease God, don't talk about hardships. I've led marines in Iraq and Afghanistan, been away from friends and family. This is simply poor communication skills from the seller.
    Um...I think that was his point guy! Although you HAVE clearly experienced hardship in Iraq others (whom he is referring to as "many") have not and are treating something as relatively un-important as a dire situation.

I too have bought one of these Z10's and find it odd, unsettling and not what we consumers have become accustomed to with online ordering. As a matter of fact this is what online ordering was like in its infancy. Amazon made themselves on being quick, accessible and accountable. Clearly this digital river company doesn't "get it" and should realize that good, bad or indifferent communication is the most important factor in online retailing. If they gave any indication that they had done anything more than taking your money customers would be more content and threads like this wouldn't probably exist.

And to the guy that wants to cancel. I might not agree with him but this is an absolute must have in being accountable and responsible to customers. Presumably they want 10's of thousands of orders and just by law or averages there will be a certain percentage of orders that need to be cancelled for one reason or another. Even if that is because a customer is disappointed, pissed off or "throwing a hissy fit". Its the customers right to back out of the deal ESPECIALLY if the transaction hasn't been completed. This is basic contract law even!
    12-04-13 01:57 PM
    Good on you...I'm not quibbling over the $5.00 up charge for 2 day shipping...I just want what I ordered. Interesting that you were told shipping is tomorrow and I was told shipping was today. Might be based on when our orders were placed...dunno. Mine went in Saturday morning. It would be nice if someone posted up if they might have received any shipping email information to date or at the very least when they do. I will if and when I receive something...it certainly doesn't appear anyone has actually received their Z10's.

Bob
    12-04-13 01:59 PM
    I was going to order one but then the sale ended. Probably missed it by a few hours. Well that's one more that's going to be a harder sell to my sister. Hope there's another sale soon! Although not expecting one to be honest.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 02:03 PM
    Shop BlackBerry needs to part ways from DigitalRiver.
    Any other company uses DR?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 02:05 PM
    I guarantee you those will not ship this week. Periode
    12-04-13 02:05 PM
    I just got off the phone with customer service. They told me that it will definitely ship tomorrow, December 5. I guess we will see if that holds up.
    peej18404, BBJoe2011 and KAbdu like this.
    12-04-13 02:20 PM
    I have no clue about what is going on but I suspect that this outsourced vendor "DR" has not been able to keep up with demand. This is the same 3rd party that was likely BOMBARDED with orders with that LinkedIn deal about the free accessories. As we all know, there are some people that went crazy and place multiple orders, on top of the other thousands of people that placed orders. This put them into a huge hole and I don't even think they have been able to dig themselves out of that. Then they decide to make the problem worse by having this device sale. Not only is the hole getting much larger, but it is now being filled with a lot of water and they are drowning.

That is my assessment of the situation, but I could be wrong. Sounds like DR needs to rethink how they manage inventory. They need better tools and support.
    12-04-13 02:44 PM
    Digital River is not some mom and pop enterprise. Its a huge eCommerce fulfillment center. Its stick is publicly traded under the symbol DRIV. I would guess if any one screwed up here it was BB and not Driv
    12-04-13 04:04 PM

Please God, don't talk about hardships. I've led marines in Iraq and Afghanistan, been away from friends and family. This is simply poor communication skills from the seller.
    No worries, dude. I was just in a funk while reading this thread...coming up on the one year anniversary of the loss of two immediate family members over a span of six weeks.

I ordered a watch recently and didn't hear anything for two weeks and it drove me nuts. It just goes to show you how accustomed we've become to excellent service.

Posted from my Z10
    12-04-13 07:39 PM
    Do you think that the device is loaded with 10.2 ?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-04-13 07:58 PM
    No worries, dude. I was just in a funk while reading this thread...coming up on the one year anniversary of the loss of two immediate family members over a span of six weeks.

I ordered a watch recently and didn't hear anything for two weeks and it drove me nuts. It just goes to show you how accustomed we've become to excellent service.

Posted from my Z10
    No worries...I'm truly sorry for your loss.

We are all a little on edge with the way things have been going with BlackBerry. I'm sick of bad news and this no communications thing isn't helping.

I hope you and your family have a good holiday. I hope you all help each other get through the tough times.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    12-04-13 08:06 PM
    I thought BlackBerry had millions in write offs of unsold inventory. Should be quite a full stock

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 08:23 PM
    Bob. if you blieve those are going to ship tomorrow I have a bridge for sale...........
    12-04-13 08:33 PM
    I just received my email right now .. yeeeeees

12-04-13 08:42 PM
    Via FedEx

Attached Thumbnails Z10 sold out in Blackberry store!!!!-1386211643862.jpg  
    12-04-13 08:47 PM
    When did u order yours?
    12-04-13 08:48 PM
    Well this is certainly encouraging news...hopefully I will receive my email tonight too!!!

Bob

Posted With My BlackBerry Q10 On AT&T
    12-04-13 08:51 PM
    Via FedEx

When did you order yours?
    12-04-13 08:52 PM
    That's odd. I was able to see a charged bill on my discover account under DRG*BLACKBERRY until today and now it's gone.

I still have the email:

"Thank you for ordering from BlackBerry US on November 30, 2013. The following email is a summary of your order. Please use this as your proof of purchase. If you paid by credit card, please look for DRG*BLACKBERRY on your credit card billing statement."

What does this mean?
    12-04-13 08:54 PM
    When did you order yours?
    I ordered in Sunday 12/01/2013

12-04-13 08:54 PM
    Hmm if ordered mine on the 29th interesting
    12-04-13 08:55 PM
    Lucky!!! I hope mine comes soon
    12-04-13 08:57 PM
    What color was yours btw?

That's odd. I was able to see a charged bill on my discover account under DRG*BLACKBERRY until today and now it's gone.

I still have the email:

"Thank you for ordering from BlackBerry US on November 30, 2013. The following email is a summary of your order. Please use this as your proof of purchase. If you paid by credit card, please look for DRG*BLACKBERRY on your credit card billing statement."

What does this mean?
    12-04-13 08:59 PM
442 ... 89101112 ...