Well here is the latest information I received moments ago after talking with a supervisor... She said they just received stock and they will be processing orders today and that I should get an email today with updated shipping information. I asked where they will be shipping from and she said Minnesota, so based on that location and my paid 2 day shipping, I should receive the Z10 Friday. Hopefully this is the case but I won't be holding my breath...

Bob
    Thanks for the info. I was about ready to call them myself and see what's up. I've already got my SD card coming. Sounds like I may be up and running by the weekend.
    12-04-13 09:37 AM
    Called and tried to cancel. Told me I couldn't. I had to wait for the phone to arrive and the request a refund. Phone still hasn't shipped.......what a joke
    12-04-13 09:45 AM
    What world are you living in? A minimum of two weeks before anything happens?? That is the craziest thing I have ever heard? When I order something, I get the confirmation email that day or the next, depending on the time of purchase. Unless I pay for a better shipping time it usually takes 3-5 days to get to my house. Also, how can you use the nexus 5 scenario has a good comparison. Thousands of people are trying to order the same phone at the same time is not the same thing that is happening here.
    What are you basing this on? Isn't it possible that there were more orders than anticipated? What if phones start showing up for delivery today, but the communication was poor. Is it worth all this mental energy to get so upset? Apparently many people here have not experienced real hardship.

Posted from my Z10
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    12-04-13 09:57 AM
    Called and tried to cancel. Told me I couldn't. I had to wait for the phone to arrive and the request a refund. Phone still hasn't shipped.......what a joke
    Why would you cancel? Because it might take a couple more days to receive it?

Posted via CB10
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    12-04-13 09:59 AM
    Why would you cancel? Because it might take a couple more days to receive it?

Posted via CB10
    Just decided to go a different route. Regardless of why I would want to cancel, the option should be there if the phone has not been shipped. Just poor customer service. There is no reason to make me receive a product I no longer want and then request a refund. Seems counter productive and wasteful.
    12-04-13 10:03 AM
    Really? You place your order on a holiday weekend and now it's Wednesday and you're throwing a hissy fit because it hasn't shipped?

Posted via CB10
    mrsmumbles and alan510 like this.
    12-04-13 10:04 AM
    Really? You place your order on a holiday weekend and now it's Wednesday and you're throwing a hissy fit because it hasn't shipped?

Posted via CB10
    It's a waste of perfectly good outrage. Save it for when the phone gets stolen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    12-04-13 10:09 AM
    Are you kidding me. You know there is real time inventory control now Retailers like amazon know exactly how many units of a particular item they have at every warehouse. Go to their site. See the "3 Left" notation on some of the items. Once they are gone they stop taking orders. And they do that with millions of items. BB has to do it with ONE - Keep track of one measly inventory item. AND THEY FAILED.
    MelCali82 likes this.
    Just decided to go a different route. Regardless of why I would want to cancel, the option should be there if the phone has not been shipped. Just poor customer service. There is no reason to make me receive a product I no longer want and then request a refund. Seems counter productive and wasteful.
    OK. Maybe you should be sure you want something before you order it. It seems your expectations are a little out of whack. These people are being paid to process your orders. It might be a little wasteful to have them process and fulfill your order only to learn that you decided to go a different route a couple days later.

Posted via CB10
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    Are you kidding me. You know there is real time inventory control now Retailers like amazon know exactly how many units of a particular item they have at every warehouse. Go to their site. See the "3 Left" notation on some of the items. Once they are gone they stop taking orders. And they do that with millions of items. BB has to do it with ONE - Keep track of one measly inventory item. AND THEY FAILED.
    Some customers are more trouble than the sale is worth. Ask any vendor. This is a great example.

Posted via CB10
    mrsmumbles and 8lackberry8 like this.
    12-04-13 10:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hissy fit? Really? You have no idea why I want to cancel and that's what you resort to. Great example of a child. My wanting to cancel has nothing, I repeat, nothing to do with shipping. My reference to the phone not shipping was to simply state that there was no reason the order could not be cancelled.
    12-04-13 10:14 AM
    OK. Maybe you should be sure you want something before you order it. It seems your expectations are a little out of whack. These people are being paid to process your orders. It might be a little wasteful to have them process and fulfill your order only to learn that you decided to go a different route a couple days later.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it is more wasteful to hit a cancel order button. Lets box the phone for shipment, have UPS (or whatever carrier) pick it up, drive/fly to my local area and then deliver it to my house. All that for me just to call the same number and request a return. Yes, you are right.
    12-04-13 10:17 AM
    Interesting. Here I am buying a product that basically no one else wanted from a company that is dying. To BB ANY customer needs to be worth the trouble. Let me also say this. Yes it pisses me off the way they handled this. And yes I purchased only one phone. But Im in charge of purchasing phones for other people also and those sales will now not go to BB. And maybe there is 1000 guys just like me who are pissed off who also make phone buying decisions for their company. And maybe one of those guys buys 10,000 phones rather than 20. You never know the consequences of treating even one customer like crap.

You know I had an Iphone 4 that was out of warranty. It stopped working. It was about 5 months out of warranty. I took it to an Apple shop to have it repaired. They looked at it saw that it was very well kept opened it up and couldn't find out why it was not working. They ended up giving me a new refurbished phone at no cost. They didn't have to. But they did. All my employees ended up with Iphones. There is a correlation between treating even ONE customer well and the success of a company
    Last edited by Michael Bornstein; 12-04-13 at 10:41 AM.
    12-04-13 10:20 AM
    Interesting. Here I am buying a product that basically no one else wanted from a company that is dying. To BB ANY customer needs to be worth the trouble
    Yet you said you were treated as if you're not. So, maybe you're not.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    8lackberry8 likes this.
    12-04-13 10:29 AM
    This has been interesting. I hope everyone who has been exposed to the horrors of this shipping nightmare and the two day wait are able to soldier through. Ditto for the different route folks desperate to save that company in Minnesota some extra cash.

Posted via CB10
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    12-04-13 10:37 AM
    I was waiting for such deal since January, so couple of days more makes no difference to me

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 720 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shellguard; 12-04-13 at 11:03 AM.
    mrsmumbles and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-04-13 10:50 AM

You know I had an Iphone 4 that was out of warranty. It stopped working. It was about 5 months out of warranty. I took it to an Apple shop to have it repaired. They looked at it saw that it was very well kept opened it up and couldn't find out why it was not working. They ended up giving me a new refurbished phone at no cost. They didn't have to. But they did. All my employees ended up with Iphones. There is a correlation between treating even ONE customer well and the success of a company
    That's what Apple is known for customer service - yes their products are expensive & may come across as arrogant but they stand behind their products.

But at the moment I am willing to wait for this white Z10 & to check it out. So I can get the BB 10 experience vs my current iP4s.
    12-04-13 10:54 AM
    I agree that is why I ordered one.
    12-04-13 11:01 AM
    BB really needs to stop shooting themselves in the foot (feet). Some on CB have argued this was a great strategy to free BB from the carriers. So now they seem to have problems coordinating with DR/ShopBlackBerry. And from these most recent posts, it really sounds like the blame lies with Blackberry--announce a big sale, build excitement, and then have no inventory to deliver???

This was a chance to change minds, but unfortunately the effect seems to be to reinforce the impression that BB can't get out of their own way. The only saving grace may be that this promotion was probably aimed primarily at the BlackBerry Faithful, who are remarkably (perhaps pathologically) patient with BB.
    I don't consider myself to be BlackBerry Faithful and I think that's why I have more "patience" with this process. Based on my dealings with BlackBerry in the past, I am not surprised by what has happened with this ordering process so far.
    12-04-13 11:12 AM
    To all those who are trying to defend the indefensible, stop.

The BlackBerry Store offered 2 day shipping. People paid for 2 day shipping. Based on a lack of shipping notifications, it is apparent that the BlackBerry Store is not upholding their end of the deal.

If people didn't need 2 day shipping, why would they pay for it? Believe it or not, some people do have busy lives that involve travel. If my order doesn't arrive before Friday, there will be no one to receive it until after the New Year and I know of another order that needs to be in Houston by tomorrow for similar reasons.

Posted via CB10
    dacunto likes this.
    12-04-13 11:14 AM
    To all those who are trying to defend the indefensible, stop.

The BlackBerry Store offered 2 day shipping. People paid for 2 day shipping. Based on a lack of shipping notifications, it is apparent that the BlackBerry Store is not upholding their end of the deal.

If people didn't need 2 day shipping, why would they pay for it? Believe it or not, some people do have busy lives that involve travel. If my order doesn't arrive before Friday, there will be no one to receive it until after the New Year and I know of another order that needs to be in Houston by tomorrow for similar reasons.

Posted via CB10
    You have expressed the concerns of many I believe. I have been using BlackBerry devices since early 2000 because my needs required I have a useful communication device. I travelled internationally and BlackBerry offered the only device that would allow me to communicate effectively. I still feel that way today and believe BlackBerries are the best device to communicate with in my opinion.

This is where the breakdown regarding this offering frustrates me....My needs require I have an unlocked device in addition to a back up device. That is why I was upgrading my unlocked BB 9900 to the Z10 in addition to my Q10. Again, my frustration is the lack of "communication," whether it be from ShopBlackBerry, or their shipping agent Digital River...

I am hoping I receive my Z10 on Friday based on the information I got this morning to accommodate my selfish needs and requirements...hahaha

Bob
    12-04-13 11:37 AM
    Let's hope so, I bought a white one as soon as I got the email on Friday. I was excited but now it's turning into disappointment. If I don't hear something today I'm afraid I'm going to have to cancel my order.
    They won't lt you I have tried 4 times...
    12-04-13 12:10 PM
    They won't lt you I have tried 4 times...
    First time I have experience a company refuse to issue a refund. It's crazy.
    12-04-13 12:18 PM
    As much as I love blackberry they really ate in the wrong here. You can't offer a product on sale if your vendor doesn't even have any stock. Maybe DR never informed blackberry that they were out of z10s but still if you're going to put your product half price off wouldn't you at least check to see how much inventory you have first? Also why would the offer be in stock for a day or so, then say it's sold out for a couple of days, and then be in stock for the final day of the offer again when there really wasn't any in stock to begin with? Seems like blackberry and the vendor can't even communicate between each other let alone the costumers. With all that said it's not the end of the world, enjoy your z10 when it arrives no need to boycot blackberry products for ever. What they should do is refund the 5 dollars people paid for 2 day shipping and ship every z10 sold with 2 day.

Posted via CB10
    BBJoe2011 likes this.
    12-04-13 12:31 PM
    Digital River, the "authorized reseller"; terms of sales (abstracts - caps are their own, I'm NOT shouting )

ALL ACCEPTED ORDERS ARE FINAL, NON-CANCELABLE AND NON-REFUNDABLE, EXCEPT AS SPECIFIED IN THE RETURNS POLICY APPLICABLE TO YOUR PURCHASE.
    While we make every effort to ensure that items appearing on the DR Commerce Solution are available, we cannot guarantee that all items are in stock or immediately available when you submit your order. We may reject your order (without liability) if we are unable to process or fulfill it. If this is the case, we will refund any prior payment that you have made for that item.
    We will use all commercially reasonable efforts to deliver Products in a timely manner. For Products delivered electronically, we will deliver such Products by electronic transmission or via download. Delivery timescales/dates specified on the DR Commerce Solution, in any order acknowledgement or elsewhere are estimates only.
    sukk$ ? may be. Clear ? yes.

Now, while I believe buying a product for half of its price worse some patience, if you feel exasperated, I'd suggest you send a request to BlackBerry Order Support, these may be screened by BlackBery Customers relation teams.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=8Qk6S4rg
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    12-04-13 12:43 PM
442 ... 7891011 ...