All in all a very bad experience as we are left in the dark...only ShopBlackBerry knows what's going on but they aren't communicating...

Bob
    not as bad as my recent experience with an amazon seller (though we still have a ways to go here).

placed an order and got the confirmation from amazon with expected dates for shipping and delivery. a week passed and nothing. honestly, I forgot about the order. contacted the seller through amazon and asked them what was up. they replied twice apologizing for the delay because now the item was on back order (it was in stock at the time of order - I checked). they said I could cancel, but I decided to wait because it would only be until the end of the week.

end of week comes and nothing. I contact them again, but this time get no response. couple days later I get a delivery shipment notification from amazon saying it shipped, but no tracking number. I'm like ok great canada post should take around a week. a week and a half later I get a refund issued notification for that same order that I thought shipped. I am very confused, but at that point I didn't care anymore. check that I got the refund and moved on.
    12-04-13 03:24 AM
    not as bad as my recent experience with an amazon seller (though we still have a ways to go here).

placed an order and got the confirmation from amazon with expected dates for shipping and delivery. a week passed and nothing. honestly, I forgot about the order. contacted the seller through amazon and asked them what was up. they replied twice apologizing for the delay because now the item was on back order (it was in stock at the time of order - I checked). they said I could cancel, but I decided to wait because it would only be until the end of the week.

end of week comes and nothing. I contact them again, but this time get no response. couple days later I get a delivery shipment notification from amazon saying it shipped, but no tracking number. I'm like ok great canada post should take around a week. a week and a half later I get a refund issued notification for that same order that I thought shipped. I am very confused, but at that point I didn't care anymore. check that I got the refund and moved on.
    Last time this happend to me, I got the refund and received the product several weeks after ... mess is not always a bad thing
    12-04-13 04:44 AM
    So, one more call to DR

Agent confirmed, that now they are out of stock and waiting for additional units to be delivered today. Order (Z10 white) "still secured and will be sent out today" as she said...
    Well, let's see
    12-04-13 07:02 AM
    So, one more call to DR

Agent confirmed, that now they are out of stock and waiting for additional units to be delivered today. Order (Z10 white) "still secured and will be sent out today" as she said...
    Well, let's see
    Let's hope so, I bought a white one as soon as I got the email on Friday. I was excited but now it's turning into disappointment. If I don't hear something today I'm afraid I'm going to have to cancel my order.
    12-04-13 07:12 AM
    可惜不再中国 chinA
    12-04-13 07:13 AM
    Blackberry has already written off the value of its unsold Z10 stock, hence the massive loss reported recently. The devices were then basically firesaled out to mobile networks at less than cost (in some cases zero cost) to try and get them to flog them cheap.
    12-04-13 07:14 AM
    Let's hope so, I bought a white one as soon as I got the email on Friday. I was excited but now it's turning into disappointment. If I don't hear something today I'm afraid I'm going to have to cancel my order.
    Ditto for me. If I don't get a shipping email by end of day tomorrow, I'm cancelling as I have to go to the States to pick it up and I have to plan for the day I'm going.

Really not impressed. I was okay with it taking a day or so to work out but I ordered Friday afternoon as well and the latest we should have gotten our shipping emails was Tuesday.

And for those that this might have been their first BB, it will give them a bad experience before even trying the device. BB Corporate should be stepping in here to do something (if nothing else, some official communication or trying to get the Z10 delivered faster to the store, I don't know...)
    12-04-13 07:28 AM
    Ditto for me. If I don't get a shipping email by end of day tomorrow, I'm cancelling as I have to go to the States to pick it up and I have to plan for the day I'm going.

Really not impressed. I was okay with it taking a day or so to work out but I ordered Friday afternoon as well and the latest we should have gotten our shipping emails was Tuesday.

And for those that this might have been their first BB, it will give them a bad experience before even trying the device. BB Corporate should be stepping in here to do something (if nothing else, some official communication or trying to get the Z10 delivered faster to the store, I don't know...)
    It usually takes 10 business days until/before one can expect to receive something ordered by post, phone, or internet.

I don't really get the anxiety over receiving the shipping email. It was the same or worse for those ordering the Nexus 5, although I didn't see much about canceling those orders if the shipping email weren't within a couple of days.

If you order a device (or anything at all), always expect to wait a minimum of two weeks without action happening on your order.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    shellguard likes this.
    12-04-13 07:49 AM
    And to receive an order, "within 4 to 6 weeks" is the standard.

As it is we'll most likely receive our devices within 1 to 2 weeks.

12-04-13 07:55 AM
    Z10 sold out in Blackberry store!!!!-img_00005587.png
    Well it looks different now.
    12-04-13 07:55 AM
    So, one more call to DR

Well, let's see
    Now out of stock??? Waiting for additional units to be delivered? To my knowledge no one has received their Z10 Black or White which tells me ShopBlackBerry never had any inventory to ship on any order placed. Sorry...but I am having a hard time believing anything being expressed by ShopBlackBerry...BS I say!!!

It usually takes 10 business days until/before one can expect to receive something ordered by post, phone, or internet.
    Seriously???? Yes, it might take 24-48 hours to process an order for shipping, but I have never waited 10 business for any item I have ordered over the Internet to be shipped...this experience with ShopBlackBerry is a first for me...

Bob
    12-04-13 08:04 AM
    You must live in the 1950s. In the last 4 years I havent ordered anything on line that is supposedly in stock that wasnt delivered within 3 to 5 business days particularly when I ordered expedited delivery as I did with the z10. What Blackberry is doing is inappropriate and probably violates several consumer protection laws. What they did is sell product on line without disclosing that they did not have the item in stock to ship. Now if they said it would take 2 to 3 weeks to ship that would be one thing. They never disclosed any shipping delays which creates a presumption that it would ship in a commercially reasonable time. in our day and age that is within two to three days MAXIMUM.

To the larger issue you can see why Blackberry is not going to survive as a company. If they can't even operate a small simple sales promotion properly then that doesn't bode well for the future success of their company. I purchased the z10 largely to try it out and perhaps move back to BB after years of being an IOS user. I also make the decisions for our employees who carry company phones. And while there are not that many phones at issue - maybe 20- if I liked the z10 I was thinking about moving our staff to the z30 when our contract is up in January. Now I won't even consider it.
    12-04-13 08:09 AM
    Now out of stock??? Waiting for additional units to be delivered? To my knowledge no one has received their Z10 Black or White which tells me ShopBlackBerry never had any inventory to ship on any order placed. Sorry...but I am having a hard time believing anything being expressed by ShopBlackBerry...BS I say!!!

Seriously???? Yes, it might take 24-48 hours to process an order for shipping, but I have never waited 10 business for any item I have ordered over the Internet to be shipped...this experience with ShopBlackBerry is a first for me...

Bob
    I've been ordering stuff all my life and the standard is still pretty much the same. There are a lot of retailers that ship within 24 hours but there are still a huge number who say "receive within 4 to 6 weeks" or the ever popular "in 7 to 10 business days".

12-04-13 08:22 AM

I don't really get the anxiety over receiving the shipping email. It was the same or worse for those ordering the Nexus 5, although I didn't see much about canceling those orders if the shipping email weren't within a couple of days.

If you order a device (or anything at all), always expect to wait a minimum of two weeks without action happening on your order.

What world are you living in? A minimum of two weeks before anything happens?? That is the craziest thing I have ever heard? When I order something, I get the confirmation email that day or the next, depending on the time of purchase. Unless I pay for a better shipping time it usually takes 3-5 days to get to my house. Also, how can you use the nexus 5 scenario has a good comparison. Thousands of people are trying to order the same phone at the same time is not the same thing that is happening here.
    12-04-13 08:24 AM
    You must live in the 1950s. In the last 4 years I havent ordered anything on line that is supposedly in stock that wasnt delivered within 3 to 5 business days particularly when I ordered expedited delivery as I did with the z10. What Blackberry is doing is inappropriate and probably violates several consumer protection laws. What they did is sell product on line without disclosing that they did not have the item in stock to ship. Now if they said it would take 2 to 3 weeks to ship that would be one thing. They never disclosed any shipping delays which creates a presumption that it would ship in a commercially reasonable time. in our day and age that is within two to three days MAXIMUM.

To the larger issue you can see why Blackberry is not going to survive as a company. If they can't even operate a small simple sales promotion properly then that doesn't bode well for the future success of their company. I purchased the z10 largely to try it out and perhaps move back to BB after years of being an IOS user. I also make the decisions for our employees who carry company phones. And while there are not that many phones at issue - maybe 20- if I liked the z10 I was thinking about moving our staff to the z30 when our contract is up in January. Now I won't even consider it.
    In some ways I wish I did live in the 1950s. Unfortunately I'm right here in 2013...

qwerty4ever likes this.
    12-04-13 08:24 AM
    I've been ordering stuff all my life and the standard is still pretty much the same. There are a lot of retailers that ship within 24 hours but there are still a huge number who say "receive within 4 to 6 weeks" or the ever popular "in 7 to 10 business days".

But the bottom line issue here with ShopBlackBerry is that they didn't disclose the shipment on our orders would be delayed...had they stated that in the offer to purchase then we would have purchased knowing that. To date all they are doing is spinning yarns as to when they will actually follow through and ship the devices we purchased over the weekend...total BS I continue to say!!!!

Bob
    12-04-13 08:32 AM
    But the bottom line issue here with ShopBlackBerry is that they didn't disclose the shipment on our orders would be delayed...had they stated that in the offer to purchase then we would have purchased knowing that. To date all they are doing is spinning yarns as to when they will actually follow through and ship the devices we purchased over the weekend...total BS I continue to say!!!!

Bob
    If we'd all received our devices within 48 hours there would be people complaining about rattling buttons and a dead pixel and a weird tint etc. etc. etc. (And complaining that the devices were rushed out with lousy quality control.) Just as with the Nexus 5 orders. :screwy:

12-04-13 08:42 AM
    I ordered Apple products on line before. They tell me exactly when it is going to ship (which is ususally within 24 hours unless you are buying at a new product cycle) and the date it will be delivered. The product has always come when represented and is in perfect shape. If BB wants to compete they have to offer the same professional service. They can't be so amateurish as to have a sale then say "oops we don't really have the product in stock to ship, sorry". I mean this is a company that is literally fighting for its life. It can't afford to create any bad will with ill conceived promotions. Just my opinion
    p1800nut likes this.
    12-04-13 08:47 AM
    ^^^Me thinks you are missing my point mrsmumbles...I ordered my Z10 understanding it would potentially take 24-48 hours to process the order. ShopBlackBerry made no mention there would be a delay while they secured inventory or to do any QC matters...total BS I will continue to say!!!!

Bob
    12-04-13 08:48 AM
    My point seems to be missed too. Oh well.

12-04-13 09:10 AM
    I ordered Apple products on line before. They tell me exactly when it is going to ship (which is ususally within 24 hours unless you are buying at a new product cycle) and the date it will be delivered. The product has always come when represented and is in perfect shape. If BB wants to compete they have to offer the same professional service. They can't be so amateurish as to have a sale then say "oops we don't really have the product in stock to ship, sorry". I mean this is a company that is literally fighting for its life. It can't afford to create any bad will with ill conceived promotions. Just my opinion
    Maybe because they're in some transition they don't have the organization to see that a better job is done. After all, Digital River is handling all this, not BB.

The frenzy over the Moto X Cyber Monday website failure was no less wrought and fraught.

12-04-13 09:13 AM
    No mrsmumbles...I get your point, but in this instance it's not applicable...have a nice day.

Bob
    12-04-13 09:14 AM
    Well here is the latest information I received moments ago after talking with a supervisor... She said they just received stock and they will be processing orders today and that I should get an email today with updated shipping information. I asked where they will be shipping from and she said Minnesota, so based on that location and my paid 2 day shipping, I should receive the Z10 Friday. Hopefully this is the case but I won't be holding my breath...

Bob
    12-04-13 09:18 AM
    Well here is the latest information I received moments ago after talking with a supervisor... She said they just received stock and they will be processing orders today and that I should get an email today with updated shipping information. I asked where they will be shipping from and she said Minnesota, so based on that location and my paid 2 day shipping, I should receive the Z10 Friday. Hopefully this is the case but I won't be holding my breath...

Bob
    That's really good news, thanks for making the call.
    12-04-13 09:19 AM
    ^^^No problem...I just hope the information I was given is accurate...

Bob
    12-04-13 09:25 AM
442 ... 678910 ...