Still on shipping infomation !

BB store be quickly!
    12-03-13 06:01 AM
    I ordered a black one last night. I'm new to Blackberry and I'm excited. If it hadn't been for the sale I wouldn't have gone ahead, but now I wish I'd gotten two.

In the op, the white is still priced at 349? It was discounted too when I used the promotion code.

And I didn't know the Q10 was also on discount?

Which would you rather have as your first bb, a Q10 or a Z10? Would someone used to a physical keyboard have trouble adjusting to the virtual keyboard?

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    12-03-13 06:31 AM
    Ok quick thought, if these are coming direct from blackberry's supplies, is there any chance they will come loaded with 10.2? I know im probably just dreaming here.... maybe thats whats taking so long to ship, putting 10.2 on thousands of devices lol

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 06:50 AM
    I bought one of these. Since it is an unlocked non-carrier specific phone direct from BB, if I wanted to use an official OS instead of a leak, where would I download it from? I will be on the bell mobility network
    12-03-13 07:03 AM
    I bought one of these. Since it is an unlocked non-carrier specific phone direct from BB, if I wanted to use an official OS instead of a leak, where would I download it from? I will be on the bell mobility network
    Once you insert your bell sim, you can just check for updates in the phone settings under software updates and that should give you the most recent Bell OS.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and DJFLEX-mk2 like this.
    12-03-13 07:32 AM
    I bought one on the 30 with two day shipping which I assume meant that it would ship to me by the 3rd. Yet here I sit two days later and have not even received any confirmation the order has processed or shipped. Only an email confirming the Order. Very **** poor customer service. Maybe this is why Blackberry is Blackberry and Apple is Apple. Now I have no clue when this phone is coming or even if the phone is coming.
    12-03-13 07:57 AM
    Just called to DR.
    Ordered Z10 yesterday. Agent confirmed that my order is in process, secured and will be mailed out today during the day.
    twbtr likes this.
    12-03-13 08:24 AM
    I also spoke with a Customer Service representative this morning but couldn't get any specific information regarding shipping. All she said was the order is being processed and to check my email in box for notification as to when it is shipped...not very helpful in my opinion.

Bob
    12-03-13 08:29 AM
    I would assume this is good news, but until I see more than 1 a month when in public, the Z10 hasn't sold enough. Personally the best device I've ever used, but not enough hype to get more android or iphone users on board.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    Not just not enough hype... official carrier releases (especially AT&T) are still missing key features that are necessary to be even comparable to iOS and Android devices, let alone competitive.

Of course it does not help that BlackBerry takes a daily bashing in the US media. It is getting ridiculous. I watch the BlackBerry biz news via yahoo finance and even the good news tends to have a negative spin. Even a top ten list of "best" holiday mobile phone bargians omitted any BlackBerry devices, including the 99-cent Z10, even though the "article" was tagged with a BlackBerry keyword. (BlackBerry marketing needs to keep tabs on this kind of crap that US media is pulling. I don't know if there is much they can do besides keep up with a point-counterpoint press releases or social media / key influences campaign.). Of course until the technical gaps are finally closed, all PR efforts are pointless; you can't sell potential when there are strong alternatives readily available. I lov emy Z10, but the competition is not sitting still.

My ZeeTen strikes again! (Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2354)
    12-03-13 08:37 AM
    Ok quick thought, if these are coming direct from blackberry's supplies, is there any chance they will come loaded with 10.2? I know im probably just dreaming here.... maybe thats whats taking so long to ship, putting 10.2 on thousands of devices lol
    Posted via CB10
    no

+
    Once you insert your bell sim, you can just check for updates in the phone settings under software updates and that should give you the most recent Bell OS.
    Posted via CB10
    During setup it'll check for latest OS update available. I for one would not insert any SIM before initial setup/update. There's chances it is more recent than carrier's.
    P.S: Of course, you need wifi to proceed.
    Now, after the initial setup is done, then insert SIM and check for update. Should get the carrier specific apps and - if newer - update the OS with carrier specific OS distrib.
    p1800nut likes this.
    12-03-13 10:05 AM
    Yesterday I got an email from Blackberry telling me that unlocked GSM Z10s are on sale for $199. I needed a second phone for work that I could use on a prepaid plan, so I had purchased a Lumia 520 for $60 on Black Friday. The deal on the Z10 was so strong I bought a white one and I think I'll return the L520. This was a great deal, and I'm not surprised that these phones are "sold out."
    Loc22 and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-03-13 10:49 AM
    This delay is not helping BB's reputation. I ordered one Sunday night, and like everyone else, have heard nothing since. Now, for comparison: I ordered a Galaxy Tab yesterday (Monday) from Tiger (to replace my Playbook). I've already received the UPS shipping confirmation, and it will be arriving Friday--with standard, free shipping. That might be before I even get a confirmation on my Z10.
    12-03-13 11:52 AM
    Yesterday I got an email from Blackberry telling me that unlocked GSM Z10s are on sale for $199. I needed a second phone for work that I could use on a prepaid plan, so I had purchased a Lumia 520 for $60 on Black Friday. The deal on the Z10 was so strong I bought a white one and I think I'll return the L520. This was a great deal, and I'm not surprised that these phones are "sold out."
    Careful--you might find yourself really liking the L520. That's been my choice for the last few months, and it has the best battery life I've experienced since my old Curve 8330. A bit basic, but in a few months I've never needed to reboot. I also decided to jump on the Z10 deal, but I'm holding on to my L520, just in case.....
    12-03-13 11:54 AM
    I bought a 521 as a backup on Tmobile. I like it alot. It's relatively fast (more because of the OS) and fluid. Screen is nice although the resolution is much lower than the z10. There is just something about WP8 that is not quite "right". I would equate it to something like the generic grocery brand chicken noodle soup. You can compare all the ingredients in this can of soup to a premium brand like Campbells and all the ingredients are relatively the same as are the proportions. Yet for some reason, when I eat it, it never tastes as good as the Campbells soup. It's not bad and everything is in there -the noodles, the carrots, the potatoes- but for some reason it just doesn't taste as good. It's not bad it's just not the same. Let me give you another example. On Android and IOS I use a news reader called Feedly. There is no Feedly for WP8. There is a Phonely which has all the functionality of Feedly but when I use it it's just not the same as Feedly. Not sure why, everything is there. Just doesn't feel the same
    8lackberry8 likes this.
    12-03-13 12:14 PM
    Seriously dude? I did the same thing. Ordered a lumia 520 from amazon for 60 dollars on thursday then read about this deal and ordered a white z10 on friday. I was going to return the lumia but I might just give it to the little nephew to play some games. Only complaint is that the lumia arrived yesterday monday yet the blackberry hasn't even shipped.

Posted via CB10
    cgallaer likes this.
    12-03-13 12:20 PM
    I too put in my order on Friday. Have not recieved any tracking confirmation yet

watch them rescind the discount.....
    12-03-13 12:20 PM
    I agree with you 100%. Maybe we have gotten too used to the speed with which other retailers can deliver packages even on Ebay. I don't think I have ordered anything in the last 4 years on line where I had to wait more than maybe 24 hours to get confirmation the item has shipped and the tracking number. Most items I get that information within 6 hours. I think it is yet another sign of how poorly BB has been run or the lack of effort to try and satisfy their clients. Regadless it is inexcusable for a company that is hanging on by a thread and wants to rebuild its brand image into a market leader again.
    12-03-13 12:24 PM
    Hmmm all this sounds promising for Blackberry. Now I guess they have to just speed up the delivery service
    12-03-13 12:41 PM
    And why offer two day shipping if you are not going to ship it when the order is placed. People who pay for 2 day shipping probably need the phone fast. What good is two day shipping if the order doesn't ship for weeks after you place the order.
    12-03-13 12:42 PM
    And why offer two day shipping if you are not going to ship it when the order is placed. People who pay for 2 day shipping probably need the phone fast. What good is two day shipping if the order doesn't ship for weeks after you place the order.
    Because when it ships it will take two days. People need to decouple shipping and processing time - they are not the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    ray689, cgallaer and 21stNow like this.
    12-03-13 12:57 PM
    Because when it ships it will take two days. People need to decouple shipping and processing time - they are not the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    Logistically, you are correct. In reality, we just can't wait for the new toy!!!!
    cgallaer likes this.
    12-03-13 01:08 PM
    ^^^Yes it takes 2 days to be received once it's shipped but my issue is its been 2 days and there is no update when the Z10's will be shipped. When I called customer service all they would say is "soon." That is BS for customer service in my opinion.

I ordered accessories from CrackBerry this weekend and first thing Monday morning got confirmation my items were shipped and included tracking information. Thats the way it's suppose to work!!!

Bob

Posted With My BlackBerry Q10 On AT&T
    12-03-13 01:11 PM
    Agreed. CB has some great shipping and most places do it the way they do, but for a half-priced phone, I'll take a small delay of shipping. Do I like it? No!

Hopefully though, we who ordered the 1st day and selected express shipping, will have it by friday at the latest.
    I ordered accessories from CrackBerry this weekend and first thing Monday morning got confirmation my items were shipped and included tracking information. Thats the way it's suppose to work!!!

Bob

12-03-13 01:32 PM
    I understand based on the price the Z10 was being sold at I'm sure that ShopBlackBerry sold a significant number of them...that being said, I find it inexcusable that they don't have the ability to update their customers with at least an anticipated shipping time other than "soon." I find that answer open ended and unprofessional.

Bob

12-03-13 01:44 PM
    So wait. A retailer offers you for an additional cost "2 Day Shipping". Doesn't that imply to you that the product will be shipped sometime very soon and received almost within two days. Why would I pay for 2 day shipping if it turns out it won't be shipped for 8 weeks. In that case, two or three additional days of shipping makes no difference. In this case it's no big deal because its only 5 dollars. But let's say they charged 30 dollars for expedited 2 day shipping. You place your order pay the 30 then find out it's not going to ship out for 2 weeks. You think that is fair or reasonable?
    12-03-13 02:20 PM
442 ... 45678 ...