The pre-order sales here in Canada are out pacing the Iphone 5 pre-orders.I have a friend at Rim who cant even get one do to a lack of inventory and he is in sales
    02-03-13 03:17 PM
    For those in Canada - if you can't get one at your carrier check with the retail outlets. Some Best buy Mobile stores had tons of iphone5's in stock even though the press kept saying they were sold out.
    02-03-13 04:23 PM
    Sold out means nothing. Nexus 4 sold out within minutes, it doesn't mean they sold millions. Let's wait for the official figures. Especially, after the US launch.
    Always someone with their cup half full
    02-03-13 04:26 PM
    The pre-order sales here in Canada are out pacing the Iphone 5 pre-orders.I have a friend at Rim who cant even get one do to a lack of inventory and he is in sales
    Your friend must be a janitor, I know a lot of people at Blackberry, they all have the Z10. Even the low level assistant/secretary types.
    02-03-13 04:44 PM
    Always someone with their cup half full
    Well not really half full. When we used to have record stores, you could go in for an album and they would be "SOLD OUT" but they only had 10 copies to begin with. You cannot come on here and declare something sold out without official numbers. In today's world, nothing is sold out in the correct use of the term. It's just how much supply there was for an unknown demand. Whenever something launches, they will only make a certain amount in case of a flop. To even say that Z10 pre-orders are outselling IP5, you cannot compare. You have to compare it to a new system. If this phone even makes a quarter of the 41 or so million that IP5 sold in a month or whatever it was, I'd be shocked.
    reidban likes this.
    02-03-13 04:48 PM
    Pretty sure 'sold out' means 'sold out of stock' so YES we can say 'sold out'
    hpjrt likes this.
    02-03-13 04:57 PM
    Your friend must be a janitor, I know a lot of people at Blackberry, they all have the Z10. Even the low level assistant/secretary types.
    Lol!I should clarify that the phone was for me not for his personal use.
    02-03-13 05:02 PM
    I agree that being "sold out" is a lot more encouraging than "we have loads of stock because nobody is buying them" but we won't really be able to put this into perspective until we get some actual figures. Certainly if true, "several hundred thousand" on days 1 and 2 for a phone that was widely touted as being Dead On Arrival sounds pretty good to me.
    Yes, I hear you in regards to the stock issue. You don't want end up like Sprint with 15.5 million iPhone5 on your hands. Can you say Bargin Bin in April.

Now, that I got my little dig in on the competition, I did notice something in regards to my carrier, Bell. Just noticed that prices for the iPhones and Samsungs have dropped in the last few days. Nothing like a new player to shake up the competition.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    02-03-13 05:13 PM
    Have you thought that he might be getting it for his family. There is no need to be rude.
    02-03-13 05:18 PM
    They continue to go for well over $1000 on eBay US. That kind of off-market demand has not been seen since iPhone 1. We don't know what 'sold out' means in terms of numbers, but we all understand what 'demand' means. I can't wait anymore and I will pay over market, if I have to, as I attempt to get one from Canada this week.
    02-03-13 06:20 PM
    Meh, I bought my SIM free Z10 this morning from the Phones 4U site. Not sure who's zooming who here.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    02-03-13 06:40 PM
    They continue to go for well over $1000 on eBay US. That kind of off-market demand has not been seen since iPhone 1. We don't know what 'sold out' means in terms of numbers, but we all understand what 'demand' means. I can't wait anymore and I will pay over market, if I have to, as I attempt to get one from Canada this week.
    Koodo will have them for $550 on Tuesday, worth checking out, it will be carrier locked but if they are selling the same version as their parent Telus are then it'll work on nearly all carriers.
    02-03-13 06:42 PM
    Then put it on eBay fast
    02-03-13 06:53 PM
    Correct me if I am wrong but I think BB shipped about 500,000 Z10's to Canadian carriers for pre-orders with about 4 x that coming sometime later in March. The USA should have approx: 2 to 3 million already shipped.
    02-03-13 07:23 PM
    Please delete this thread, the OP has not looked hard enough, stop hyping for the sake of hyping lets be realistic... in my town:

Phones4u have plenty of stock
    Carephonewarehouse also have stock.
    Vodafone store has stock.

My experience today.

Phones4u :
    Good: Dedicated stand for Z10, poster in window.
    Bad: The demo unit on the stand, well the battery was dead even though it was plugged in so no one could see it working.

Vodafone:
    Good: The store was open. *sarcasm*
    Bad: No poster / advert, no dedicated stand, the demo unit was locked away in a cabinet behind the desk out of site with some other phones just thrown in like junk spare parts or something, the salesman didn't even know they had one, was told by a colleague who over heard my interest, then he didn't know how to turn it on so I showed him by swiping up from the button, i gave him a little demo of the Z10 and the Vodafone salesman WAS IMPRESSED with what the phone could do, wtf?! seriously?

p.s he was the "Business Advisor".

Carephonewarehouse:
    Good: Poster in window.
    Bad: Just dummy units, no dedicated stand.

Now not all stores will be like this, but this is the stores in my area, others may vary but can give guys an idea of how BB10 is being delivered, needs more work, the big PUSH is still dedicated iPhone and SG3 stands in all 3 stores.
    That's strange... Where do you live exactly?
    02-03-13 07:49 PM
    I have a spare white one if the OP wants to buy it!
    02-03-13 08:22 PM
    I will say it one more time. They are going for $100-$200 or more OVER list price on ebay.co.uk and that's with shipping to the UK only. It would be odd for people to pay $200 more for a phone that they could simply walk to the corner store and pick up. And they are going for $1200 or so on ebay.com (US) Ebay is probably the biggest free and open market in the world.
    Lehomer likes this.
    02-03-13 08:48 PM
    I have no doubt the Z10 will be sold in the millions. There is a pent-up demand for Blackberry that is 2 years in the making.

People have been milking their existing OS7 phones for way too long, and many started to learn about the new BB10 OS a long time ago and so they have been holding on and on, waiting for the launch.

This is NOT your regular "oh my contract is up this month let me look for a new phone" situation.

This is "my contract has been up for a while but I didn't want to get locked in a new upgrade because I've been holding out for BB10 to arrive!"

So I think we are seeing many months of pent-up demand and people upgrading their hardware who have stayed loyal to BB!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    02-03-13 09:34 PM
    People need to reason this out.
    There are loads of Blackberry users in the UK. Many of them have suffered on with the stale OS7 devices for nearly 2 years. of course there's some pent up demand for the Z10 from existing customers.

The question is, how many of those people picking up the phones are new customers or folks who 'defected'?

It's rather telling that on the Phones4u website, the Z10 isn't even listed as one of their hot sellers
    02-04-13 03:44 AM
    People need to reason this out.
    There are loads of Blackberry users in the UK. Many of them have suffered on with the stale OS7 devices for nearly 2 years. of course there's some pent up demand for the Z10 from existing customers.

The question is, how many of those people picking up the phones are new customers or folks who 'defected'?

It's rather telling that on the Phones4u website, the Z10 isn't even listed as one of their hot sellers
    I agree that it will be interesting to find out how many Z10 purchasers didn't have a BlackBerry as their previous phone. A lot of people (especially media and analysts) weren't even sure if BB10 could convert their existing BlackBerry users though, so it looks like the launch has been pretty successful in the UK already by that standard. If a significant proportion of purchasers were coming from non-BlackBerry phones, that would be outstanding.

As for the Phones4u thing, the hot seller thing probably doesn't get updated immediately.
    02-04-13 05:12 AM
    Just to let you know figures from my efforts, and I am selling them to Crackberry users as long as they make a donation which goes to Children's charities.

My supplier had 1,000 units on Thursday. They are now down to less than 25, but more due tomorrow.

My local CPW - They had 30 Black units, all sold out by Friday.
    My Local P4U - I have 3 stores in town. Each store got 20 (Mainly white) - 2 of the stores are sold out, the other has 2 blacks left for Contract only due to how many they've sold SIM-FREE.

Stock/Sale ratio is pretty high is you ask me.
    Snap51 and Tonny Joost like this.
    02-04-13 07:39 AM
    Edit - Nothing to see here, deleted it as it was just a load of old bollox...
    02-04-13 09:07 AM
    All sounds good...various news sources in the UK are also reporting this morning that the iphone5 is only the SEVENTH best selling phone in the uk.
    02-04-13 09:43 AM
    All sounds good...various news sources in the UK are also reporting this morning that the iphone5 is only the SEVENTH best selling phone in the uk.
    I think they refer to the uswitch ranking, the iPhone was 7th in January, jumped to 2nd in February. The z10 isn't in the list in February which make me question those rumors of huge sales.

Mobile Tracker - the UK's most popular mobile phones this week - uSwitch.com
    kevinnugent likes this.
    02-04-13 10:26 AM
    That's strange... Where do you live exactly?
    Leeds (west yorkshire)
    02-04-13 10:54 AM
87 1234