I am on Rogers. I just did update through WIFI. Unfortunately the update did not finish properly. I get message. "The software download was interrrupted. Please try again". Cancel Update button does not respond to clicks. I have tried to

1. remove battery but after loading os back i still get the same message
    2. update os through Blackberry Link which failed
    3. called Rogers customer service which is useless

I think that the only solution is to wipe it clean and reinstall it then but the problem is that the full backup is not working. It is mind blowing that Blackberry was not able to fix this issue since Playbook came out. I have never been able to do full os backup on Playbook and it seems like it is not possible to do it on Z10.Does the partial backup saves at least contracts, messages, sms, email settings etc. ?

Do you think installing one of the leaked ota versions will fix this issue perhaps ?
    05-14-13 01:28 PM
    I am on Rogers. I just did update through WIFI. Unfortunately the update did not finish properly. I get message. "The software download was interrrupted. Please try again". Cancel Update button does not respond to clicks. I have tried to

1. remove battery but after loading os back i still get the same message
    2. update os through Blackberry Link which failed
    3. called Rogers customer service which is useless

I think that the only solution is to wipe it clean and reinstall it then but the problem is that the full backup is not working. It is mind blowing that Blackberry was not able to fix this issue since Playbook came out. I have never been able to do full os backup on Playbook and it seems like it is not possible to do it on Z10.Does the partial backup saves at least contracts, messages, sms, email settings etc. ?

Do you think installing one of the leaked ota versions will fix this issue perhaps ?
    Sounds like you have some issues with the computer you are connecting your devices to. I would connect the Z10 to Link and let it handle the update or do a Wipe with Link.
    05-14-13 01:35 PM
    Sounds like you have some issues with the computer you are connecting your devices to. I would connect the Z10 to Link and let it handle the update or do a Wipe with Link.
    i will try to do the update on another computer. i just do not want to loose all my apps progress in games. link does not want to do full backup.
    05-14-13 01:57 PM
    I've had a similar problem with the Rogers update. Tried to download via wifi.. I've tried all the options you have, but it has clearly failed. I no longer have a Hub...
    05-14-13 02:38 PM
    Same Issue. I have tried both through the software update push to my device and via blackberry link.

Cancel button on Z10 is unresponsive.

on Link it says Update Available but no button to push to update it.

If i have to do a system wipe and a full restore and go through all the bull to get it back running properly i'm going to be very very very upset.
    05-14-13 02:43 PM
    it did not work for me through phone wifi update, it did not work for me through pc blackberry link but it did work for me through firefox web browser and blackberry website update.
    05-14-13 07:28 PM
    I have also the same problem...Please tell me how to use firebox

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 09:05 PM
    Amit, use Firefox web browser and go directly BlackBerry website looking for the 10.1 update.
    Follow the on-screen instructions.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 09:15 PM
    I have also the same problem...Please tell me how to use firebox

Posted via CB10
    I don't know if you need Firefox specially. I think any browser will work. I just used Firefox

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    05-15-13 05:01 AM
    Thank for yours advices, i am also going with same problem and also connect blackberry link to my z10 showing software update but unfortunately showing errors message when i click for update. So please tell what to do

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:13 AM
    Thank for yours advices, i am also going with same problem and also connect blackberry link to my z10 showing software update but unfortunately showing errors message when i click for update. So please tell what to do

Posted via CB10
    Go here and use firefox or Internet explorer. It is windows only btw. For mac you need to use BB Link

After you run the add-on you should see a check for update button on the page.
    05-15-13 05:30 AM
    i tried updating the OS via link but it failed... saying there was an error during the update... fortunately my phone is working fine and has enerything intact...yes it is the same old OS but working fine... i will go home tonight and try again via link... i have already backed up my device last night before attempting the OS upgrade.
    any suggestions would be helpful...
    05-15-13 06:22 AM
    i tried updating the OS via link but it failed... saying there was an error during the update... fortunately my phone is working fine and has enerything intact...yes it is the same old OS but working fine... i will go home tonight and try again via link... i have already backed up my device last night before attempting the OS upgrade.
    any suggestions would be helpful...

Try it with the link I provided right above your post...
    05-15-13 06:30 AM
    is it the same update as pushed by the carriers...??? in the link you posted... i'm still at work...
    05-15-13 07:51 AM
    Thanks for this. I have tried all other solutions except for this one. I heard the initial OTA update may have failed because I switched wifi networks before it had completed. Was this the case with anyone else?
    05-15-13 08:24 AM
    I had problems as well, but after cancelling the wifi download (eventually this worked) I connected to link and did the whole download again. Which worked beautifully.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 08:26 AM
    Glad to hear. I was able to access the update again after going to work and connecting to the wifi there.

I believe my issue in the first place was I started the download at work, paused it, and went home to complete the installation. Apparently you are supposed to stay connected to the same network throughout the download and installation process.
    05-15-13 10:30 AM
    finally got the update via bb link...
    05-16-13 07:01 PM
    I tried with link; it failed 3 times. I think the first was my fault; i.e., it may have disconnected but the 3rd attempt, I was very careful not to disconnect.
    05-20-13 09:09 PM
    Install .1880 leak
    05-20-13 09:37 PM
    What worked for me was, since it failed the first time, backing up my phone with Link, then wiping the phone
    To factory settings and then saying "yes" to the upgrade and then restoring the back up.

I suspect, if my first attempt via link had not disconnected that link would have worked fine for me like it dies for other people.

I am a happy customer.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 11:31 PM