04-20-13 05:50 AM
124 ... 345
tools
    Updated yesterday- very glad to see/learn of an update....and not SINCE the update but even before the update- battery still drains like the fastest thing I've ever seen in my life and the battery is constantly hot and even more hot when it's left idle in my pocket or left in my gym bag. Feeling pretty down about my phone since I love it so much- but am hoping that it won't lead to me having to send it out and go back to my 9810.

I'm so puzzled as to why this is happening.
    04-12-13 11:23 AM
    Since I've had my z10. Battery life has sucked for me personally. Which is upsetting but ill live with it.

ALSO: the update does NOT fix the group text issue

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    04-12-13 09:26 PM
    Will it work on my STL100-4?
    As the radio file is different, the update won't work. This update is technically for the STL100-3 from AT&T but the STL100-2 variant is compatible with this update version. Not sure about the STL100-1, I don't think that one is compatible but I'm hoping if I'm incorrect someone will please correct me. For sure this update will work on an STL100-2 or STL100-3
    04-12-13 09:36 PM
    Since applying the update, battery life is through the roof. I just now put my phone back on the charger -- from 7 AM yesterday. 27 hours off the charger, and it was still at 41%. Before that I could barely make it through a whole day, sometimes having to slap it on the charger before leaving work in order to make it home. Impressed.
    04-13-13 09:55 AM
    Did you need to do anything special in order to get your sideloaded apps working? None of them work for me anymore after the update. Not even the Android ports from App World are working. I see the player starting up, & after a while the app just closes. Anyone else having this issue? FWIW: I upgraded from 10.0.10.99 via the debrick-EXE installer.
    04-13-13 01:59 PM
    The update is available to BlackBerry Z10 customers who receive a notification to their device that tells them an update is available via Firmware Over the Air (FOTA). Wi-Fi is required for this update.

The software update includes:

Visual Voicemail fix: Voicemail from a private caller is being marked as a private voicemail message (prevents the message from being shared).
    Video/MP3 playback U/I: The Touch button not responsive while playing video.
    Screen responsiveness: Screen unresponsive to swiping.
    Improved video streaming: Streaming becomes like a slide show, after pause/play several times.
    Dialer U/I: Device displays two images for a contact on the dialer intermittently.
    Bluetooth audio: One way audio issue.
    GPS signal fix after voice call: Loss of GPS signal in Navigation/Maps after hanging up from an incoming call.
    SMS group message fix: Tenth contact in a group SMS does not receive message.
    Device freeze.
    Camera application stability: Application stops working.
    Enterprise support: IBM Traveler and Exchange Active Sync (EAS) - Compatibility fixes.
    BlackBerry link sync update.
    Skype (in BB World) improvements - Audio improvements for headsets and echo cancellation.

The software version is: OS 10.0.10.822; SR: 10.0.10.166.

Cheers
    scrapmetal58 and Shrekmachine like this.
    04-13-13 02:16 PM
    The update is available to BlackBerry Z10 customers who receive a notification to their device that tells them an update is available via Firmware Over the Air (FOTA). Wi-Fi is required for this update.

The software update includes:

Visual Voicemail fix: Voicemail from a private caller is being marked as a private voicemail message (prevents the message from being shared).
    Video/MP3 playback U/I: The Touch button not responsive while playing video.
    Screen responsiveness: Screen unresponsive to swiping.
    Improved video streaming: Streaming becomes like a slide show, after pause/play several times.
    Dialer U/I: Device displays two images for a contact on the dialer intermittently.
    Bluetooth audio: One way audio issue.
    GPS signal fix after voice call: Loss of GPS signal in Navigation/Maps after hanging up from an incoming call.
    SMS group message fix: Tenth contact in a group SMS does not receive message.
    Device freeze.
    Camera application stability: Application stops working.
    Enterprise support: IBM Traveler and Exchange Active Sync (EAS) - Compatibility fixes.
    BlackBerry link sync update.
    Skype (in BB World) improvements - Audio improvements for headsets and echo cancellation.

The software version is: OS 10.0.10.822; SR: 10.0.10.166.

Cheers

Where are you getting this info from? The AT&T update that this thread is about is 10.0.10.116, not 10.0.10.166.
    04-13-13 02:47 PM
    Did you need to do anything special in order to get your sideloaded apps working? None of them work for me anymore after the update. Not even the Android ports from App World are working. I see the player starting up, & after a while the app just closes. Anyone else having this issue? FWIW: I upgraded from 10.0.10.99 via the debrick-EXE installer.
    Do a hard reboot. Hold the power button down about 10 seconds until you see a solid red led

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 03:02 PM
    Tried hard reboots a couple of times to no avail. I then did a factory restore during BB Link & afterwards Android apps were working again. Currently I'm in the process of restoring my backup (created with 10.0.10.99). Maybe it's some setting which didn't get updated properly last time. But if the issue persists, I will have to start from scratch (restore via Link, no backup restore then).
    04-13-13 03:08 PM
    I did the upgrade the day it was out and it is not going good. It is very laggy and a lot of apps are hit or miss on when or if they open. The biggest thing I have noticed is that I no longer have the keyboard sound (clicking). It is turned on and the volume set to high. Anyone else having this issue? How can I go back to 10.0.10.88?
    04-14-13 04:25 PM
    Battery life is better, but, was never bad......over here.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 04:29 PM
    I did the upgrade the day it was out and it is not going good. It is very laggy and a lot of apps are hit or miss on when or if they open. The biggest thing I have noticed is that I no longer have the keyboard sound (clicking). It is turned on and the volume set to high. Anyone else having this issue? How can I go back to 10.0.10.88?
    My keyboard sound is still working.
    04-14-13 05:32 PM
    04-14-13 05:58 PM
    After upgrading to new firmware I noticed when selecting any contact to dial or disconnect the call making some fuzzy noise.. any one noticed ?

Iterating me
    04-15-13 01:14 PM
    Updated yesterday- very glad to see/learn of an update....and not SINCE the update but even before the update- battery still drains like the fastest thing I've ever seen in my life and the battery is constantly hot and even more hot when it's left idle in my pocket or left in my gym bag. Feeling pretty down about my phone since I love it so much- but am hoping that it won't lead to me having to send it out and go back to my 9810.

I'm so puzzled as to why this is happening.

No Idea if this is because of the update or not but my phone is now COLD to the touch and the battery is lightyears better!!!!!!! I was so sad, irritated and dejected when all the heating and battery dying in 3 seconds was going on! Man this is great!!!!!
    04-15-13 10:06 PM
    Any way to update to this software not from the phone?

Reason is I have the Red LE STL100-3 US version and I'm using it in Indonesia. Software update kept showing I have the latest but its only 10.0.9.xx.
    04-16-13 12:48 PM
    Upgrade with blackberry link, but remove your sim card works like charm , cobain deh!
    04-16-13 12:54 PM
    Upgrade with blackberry link, but remove your sim card works like charm , cobain deh!
    Thanks bro for the tips.

Anyway, I took out the sim card and tried again with BB Link. It did shows up "Update Available". It's still not the latest 10.0.10.xx from AT&T, but 10.0.9.348 instead of my current 10.0.9.2372. I still like to update anyway. However the download wouldn't start at all even after leaving it there for hours.

Any other tricks? or best is still to insert AT&T sim card? I don't mind buying a prepaid AT&T card and have it shipped back here but it takes a really long time.

Please advise guys..
    Last edited by Z3RO; 04-17-13 at 03:47 AM.
    04-17-13 12:46 AM
    Thanks bro for the tips.

Anyway, I took out the sim card and tried again with BB Link. It did shows up "Update Available". It's still not the latest 10.0.10.xx from AT&T, but 10.0.9.348 instead of my current 10.0.9.2372. I still like to update anyway. However the download wouldn't start at all even after leaving it there for hours.

Any other tricks? or best is still to insert AT&T sim card? I don't mind buying a prepaid AT&T card and have it shipped back here but it takes a really long time.

Please advise guys..
    Been trying all day long, but nothing works. First attempt was with my macbook air, second attempt with my mac. It was hard and needed multiple attempts so that the "Update Available" shows up. So, I tried again with my Windows laptop. Multiples of battery pulling and reinserting removing sim cards involved. Finally................. It's downloading. So my thought is BB works best with Windows. Now I can just hope it downloads and install fine. Even though it's only 10.0.9.348. I'm tired...
    04-17-13 03:53 AM
    Been trying all day long, but nothing works. First attempt was with my macbook air, second attempt with my mac. It was hard and needed multiple attempts so that the "Update Available" shows up. So, I tried again with my Windows laptop. Multiples of battery pulling and reinserting removing sim cards involved. Finally................. It's downloading. So my thought is BB works best with Windows. Now I can just hope it downloads and install fine. Even though it's only 10.0.9.348. I'm tired...
    Have you tried installing the new OS with Blackberry Link? If you haven't, try!
    04-17-13 11:02 AM
    I just did the most recent update and bow my device seems even slower. Texts have gone from slow to crawl with one leg. Wow!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:10 AM
    I'm on ATT and ever since I loaded this update I am starting to get random reboots.
    04-17-13 11:41 AM
    I just did the most recent update and bow my device seems even slower. Texts have gone from slow to crawl with one leg. Wow!

Posted via CB10
    Well that certainly shouldn't be JohnP! Have you tried to reboot or dare I say a battery pull or two?
    04-17-13 11:48 AM
    Have you tried installing the new OS with Blackberry Link? If you haven't, try!
    Blackberry Link is what I've been trying...

So I was able to update as the PC shows updates completed. However, my Z10 still shows I'm on 2372. weird....
    04-20-13 05:50 AM
124 ... 345