Looks like that the Z10 is repeating to send zombie mails to it's own send folder every few minutes.

So what is it.
    Did send a email with. Image attached to a contact out of the contract list, with an picture taken with the camera of the Z10 unit.

No problem there sending the mail off via WiFi, regarding the automatic mailsetup via imap, rim.smtp.. Over my yahoo mail account.
    But and now the zombie issue kicking off.
    Got a Playbook setup with the same rim.smtp.. Setup and synchronisation usually working fine without issue.
    What happens next is strange, because the email in question had been deleted on the Z10 already, but the PB received the same email again and again every 10 minutes from the yahoo account in it's Send folder for days.
    Even tried to lockin manually in to my yahoo mail via PC, even there this zombie mail flooding in every few minutes, keep repeatedly deleting them in the send and trash folder, but the Z10 continuing to send this mails.
    This only stopped after I switched the Z10 off for some time, so it must be the Z10 and not the rim.smtp.. Mail cache who causing the issue, remember the initial email was deleted off the Z10 two days ago!
    What the funny thing is, that this zombie mail did nor appear on the Z10 itself only on the syncing PB and the yahoo mail server.

The zombie flooding restarted after the Z10 gets switched ON again, how can I empty the mail cache on the Z10 ???

Did anyone else had this sort of anointing zombie mail traffic after sending a mail with picture attached?
    Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 04-16-13 at 08:31 AM.
    04-16-13 04:32 AM
    Did anyone else had this sort of anointing zombie mail traffic after sending a mail with picture attached?

Yes, this has been reported before. It may have to do with a particular SMTP sending bug. What is your OS release / OS version numbers and carrier?

See the following:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...charge-781030/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rsions-779341/
    04-16-13 05:22 AM
    Yes I did read upon that bug right now.

Sorry forgot the tech spec
    Z10 STL100-2
    Vodafone Germany
    S.R: 10.0.10.99
    Radio-vers: 10.0.10.739
    Wlan: 1.1

May I found a solution, since this bug seemed to be related to the use of WiFi as well
    Ok after I did switched my Z10 to on again the flooding started again, but than I just swiped down the settings bar from the top down and deactivated WiFi and bluetooth.
    The Z10 changed over to H and no other radio connection at all.
    Obviosly the zombie issue stopped!
    After activating the WiFi and bluetooth again... Wow.. The zombie mails no longer continuing, it had finally stopped.
    Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 04-16-13 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Typo
    04-16-13 05:44 AM
    This is seriously starting to become a large issue.
    04-16-13 05:58 AM
    If the problem went away when turning off WiFi then that tells me that you most likely had configured the device to use your carrier's email relay server, which is not accessible to random people connecting from the internet. (Which is exactly what you look like if you try to connect to it from some random WiFi link)

If you need to send out SMTP email while on WiFi, then you will need to find an outgoing SMTP server that is accessible from the internet. Wireless carriers often do not allow that sort of access to their email servers.
    04-16-13 02:07 PM
    My Z10 is stetup for email will take the home wifi preferable before it can use the carrier net, this is the standard to not run in to high bills by vodafone in my case.
    All my emails using wifi and the use of internet is not routing other than wifi, got the app "data monitor" installed and the cellular figures are very low, only counting my phone calls, the wifi use on the other hand are counting up as expected.
    As I. Say the Playbook got the same setup to use wifi and is not tethering over the phone which is turend off anyway on both units.

Well additional to your suspension, see VodFone over here only offer the Z10 with a flatrate contract, lncluding a 1GB of data usage for internet and emailing on the go.
    Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 04-16-13 at 03:24 PM.
    04-16-13 02:26 PM
    If you need to send out SMTP email while on WiFi, then you will need to find an outgoing SMTP server that is accessible from the internet. Wireless carriers often do not allow that sort of access to their email servers.
    Well I can't see that vodafone got anything to do with a SMTP setting that looks like rim.smtp.mail.yahoo.com which is a clear setting recommend by yahoo if using a BlackBerry phone.
    So why should my carrier interfere if I 'm sitting right next to my wifi router, and got the carrier network for internet use deactivated.

Please keep in mind, that this issue only applies to emails which got an image from the Z10 camera attached which are 2200KB in size, but do not if there is a screen shoot attached, non other emails showing this behaviour.
    Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 04-16-13 at 03:38 PM.
    04-16-13 02:37 PM
    Well I can't see that vodafone got anything to do with a SMTP setting that looks like rim.smtp.mail.yahoo.com which is a clear setting recommend by yahoo if using a BlackBerry phone.
    So why should my carrier interfere if I 'm sitting right next to my wifi router, and got the carrier network for internet use deactivated.

Please keep in mind, that this issue only applies to emails which got an image from the Z10 camera attached which are 2200KB in size, but do not if there is a screen shoot attached, non other emails showing this behaviour.

I don't have enough time to properly troubleshoot this now but the USUAL reason that problems crop up on wifi and not through the carrier network is for the reason I explained.

If you're relaying through Yahoo, then you might want to troubleshoot with Yahoo what is going on. In particular, if that host is specifically designed for RIM smartphone users, it may not allow connections from "any old place", just from known IP address space owned by cellular carriers. I don't know.

More later.
    04-16-13 11:04 PM
    Now, I do appreciate your critical thoughts, but looking at the way my Z10 is set up...
    See I do not use a customized relayed nor a proxy setup for my two email accounts, the settings where put in place by the standard setup initial put in place by the phone aka BlackBerry during the 1st setup, which in return use the settings recommendations developed together with yahoo or Gmail or other web companies to make it easy for the user to be able to setup there phones in a breath.
    Even so there are many more people experience the same issues with there phones, so I'm not the only one.

Well all the settings are created by the Z10 and had not been altered manually:
    Settings are like this:
    Description: yahoo.. Account name
    Display name: short name
    Username: my full lockin like xyzxyz@yahoo.co.uk
    Email address: same as the lockin name
    Password: xxxxxxx
    Server address: rim.imap.mail.yachoo.com
    Poert: 993
    Encryption: SSL
    IMP path prefix: remains blank
    SMTP username: rim.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    SMTP port: 463
    SMTP encryption : remains blank
    Use push if supported: ON
    Sync interwal: 30min

As I say this is the standard put in place by BlackBerry Z10 and would be the same with everyone who is using yahoo as mail account, sync there calendar, contacts and all email traffic over wifi if in reach and connected wifi router, nothing special.

Still people complaining about this zombie behaviour if sending a mail with an image attached.
    This shouldn't have anything to do with a mobile carriers network.
    04-17-13 01:50 AM
    what I did was I sent myself an email with subject "testing bb data email" or similar... this way if it kept sending it was empty mssgs and not photo attachments which like made me go over my monthly data available. I also deleted and re-install my yahoo accounts, this took care of the problem. I talked to TMobile and asked to be reinstated my data since it wasnt my fault. They told me that if they found this to be a recurrent problem from different users they could persuade their mngrs to reinstate the lost data, but since it was an "isolated" incident (mine) that they can do anything about it. They only go by in this case TMobile forums and BB forums ... not Crackberry ... so as of now I havent been able to prove that is not an isolated problem...
    04-20-13 11:50 AM
    I found a link to the problem on BB forums... if you are having this issue, pls write to this thread and then pressure your provider to reinstate your data as it wasn't our fault...

Blackberry Z10 resending an already sent email con... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

and

753 times resent email - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    04-20-13 11:57 AM