Hi all,

Yes! I can call a contact from the hub with who I am having a BBM chat!

I just have to:
    1. tap the contact in the default Hub list
    2. tap his avatar a the top of the screen
    3. tap "Open in Contacts"on the bottom of the screen
    4. tap a phone#

After the call I want to go back to the default Hub list, so I just have to:
    1. swipe from bottom to top of the screen to close the phone app
    2. swipe from left to right to go to the hub
    3. tap the "back"-button to close the contact-info from the Contacts app
    4. tap the "back"-button to close the BBM contact-info
    5. then the keyboard shows up, so hold down the space-button for 2 sec or swipe down with 2 fingers
    6. tap the "back"-button to close the BBM chat.

1. "fluid"swipe
    2. left to right swipe from back-button

..... Come on Blackberry, am I missing something? This is not smart, this is dumb! This is retro! It reminds me of the Nokia E61 that I owned for a week, 6 years ago!!
    That's not bad...

But still:
    -Making a phone call from a whatsapp-chat or from a Facebook notification in the hub is not possible.
    -When I receive a Text Message from Voicemail (because I missed a call), the phone icon is available (hub list, hold down message, menu shows @ the right). Great! But when I want to use it I get "Error system failure"... pffff

I hope in 10.1 there will be a phone icon in the right menu for every chat..... ....that works!!
    Last edited by Niels B; 04-25-13 at 03:57 PM.
    Davidro1 and martan1981#WN like this.
    04-25-13 11:49 AM
    Wtf...

Posted via CB10
    NickA, R Field, sam_b77 and 3 others like this.
    04-25-13 11:51 AM
    Hi all,

<insert OP rant here>

I hope in 10.1 there will be a phone icon in the right menu for every chat..... ....that works!!
    You have a question in your rant somewhere? Are you asking for advice on how to navigate around BB 10? Did you not research the phone before you bought it?

Look dude, if you don't like the phone or the OS, get something else. There's nothing wrong with that, and that's the beauty of having so many choices nowadays. But coming here with a post like yours is not useful to anyone.
    saescott likes this.
    04-25-13 12:04 PM
    I hope someone @ BlackBerry reads it and uses it to make the Z10 better! And no, I did not tried it before I bought it. I pre-ordered because had confidence that BB would build a superior device. Everybody around me left Blackberry, I did not. I want to love my new BB. But it is difficult...
    04-25-13 12:10 PM
    It sounds corny but I do really find the z10 to have a "Flow" to it. What you're describing would be annoying if the phone wasn't so fast.

Posted via CB10
    NightSlayer likes this.
    04-25-13 12:13 PM
    I hope someone @ BlackBerry reads it and uses it to make the Z10 better! And no, I did not tried it before I bought it. I pre-ordered because had confidence that BB would build a superior device. Everybody around me left Blackberry, I did not. I want to love my new BB. But it is difficult...
    Understand your feeling then, you're just frustrated. How long have you had the phone? I know it took me a good week to finally get comfortable with it. I was like you the first couple of days, but really started to enjoy the OS after some time.
    04-25-13 12:18 PM
    Understand your feeling then, you're just frustrated. How long have you had the phone? I know it took me a good week to finally get comfortable with it. I was like you the first couple of days, but really started to enjoy the OS after some time.
    I had it for two weeks.
    I loved my Bold 9000. I loved my 9700. I loved my 9900. I like the new features on the Z10. It is much more advanced. ...Reading my contacts and multi calendars straight from iCloud, linking contact-cards, showing emails with an appointment, the hub is a great idea, etc. Great stuff! But the issue I discribed in the opening post is not smart. A smartphone has shortcuts. With the old OS I could do all the communication with just the 5 buttons in the middle of the phone. That is smart!
    04-25-13 01:00 PM
    Returning to the hub after making a call that way takes two swipes. One up and to the right to get to hub, and a swipe on the back button to the right to get to the main hub.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 01:33 PM
    I find this all interesting..... seems like the definition of "bad" or "sucks" around here is "not exactly what I had before".

It's called a NEW phone and a NEW operating system for a reason. It's DIFFERENT. Just because it's DIFFERENT, does not, by default, mean it's "BAD" or ot "SUCKS".

Did I struggle at first coming off of a 9900 and 9860? Yep.

Was I a little frustrated at first? yeah, a little

Did I threaten to return it? NO

Did I post a rant here? NO

Did I express opinions? YES, respectfully (I hope)

Embrace change, exercise patience, dare to learn, and HAVE FUN DOING IT. If, at that point, it just isn't working out the ay one anticiapted, STILL DOESN'T MEAN IT SUCKS. In that case, get something that works for you. The world isn't one size fits all.

Most of my fun with this device has come from discovering all the new and different things about it, and enjoying getting proficient with it.

Clearly there are some operational bugs that need/will get worked out. Got it. Frustrating? A little. but, my god, it's not the end of the world.

Let's quit bickering, help each other, and have some fun. If ya can't do that, return the thing and take us all out of your misery.

OK, MY rant is over. Thank you for your time and patience.
    venious, cman5, CMcRob and 3 others like this.
    04-25-13 01:50 PM
    Wow OP imagine if your were directing the development of BB10! Lol..

You need the relax.. the Hub is v1 in any mobile OS till date.. takes **** loads of time and effort to make something like this.

You come up with this long rant that's so basic. Who cares?

Posted via CB10 on BB10 on Z10 in Red Transform Shell
    04-25-13 02:06 PM
    What I don't understand is when people start comparing the number of taps it takes to do something compared to another device, Blackberry or not. Have we really come to this? We choose one phone over another because it can do something with 2 taps rather than 3? How much energy and time does a tap take?

You should choose a device based on your needs and what it provides. Remember (I know, it's not an excuse), this is the first version of the device and it will evolve. More functionality, fewer taps, and more apps will come. Be patient, enjoy the device, or choose something else. There is lots of choice.
    cman5 likes this.
    04-25-13 03:18 PM
    Returning to the hub after making a call that way takes two swipes. One up and to the right to get to hub, and a swipe on the back button to the right to get to the main hub.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks!!!!
    04-25-13 03:23 PM
    I find this all interesting..... seems like the definition of "bad" or "sucks" around here is "not exactly what I had before".

It's called a NEW phone and a NEW operating system for a reason. It's DIFFERENT. Just because it's DIFFERENT, does not, by default, mean it's "BAD" or ot "SUCKS".

Did I struggle at first coming off of a 9900 and 9860? Yep.

Was I a little frustrated at first? yeah, a little

Did I threaten to return it? NO

Did I post a rant here? NO

Did I express opinions? YES, respectfully (I hope)

Embrace change, exercise patience, dare to learn, and HAVE FUN DOING IT. If, at that point, it just isn't working out the ay one anticiapted, STILL DOESN'T MEAN IT SUCKS. In that case, get something that works for you. The world isn't one size fits all.

Most of my fun with this device has come from discovering all the new and different things about it, and enjoying getting proficient with it.

Clearly there are some operational bugs that need/will get worked out. Got it. Frustrating? A little. but, my god, it's not the end of the world.

Let's quit bickering, help each other, and have some fun. If ya can't do that, return the thing and take us all out of your misery.

OK, MY rant is over. Thank you for your time and patience.
    I haven't wrote that the Z10 sucks or that it's bad...
    I just think some features should be smarter then they are because they were smart in a previous OS.

I think (and already wrote) that the new features are great. I also like to dictate a (text-)message. Works great!
    Last edited by Niels B; 04-25-13 at 03:58 PM.
    04-25-13 03:44 PM
    What I don't understand is when people start comparing the number of taps it takes to do something compared to another device, Blackberry or not. Have we really come to this? We choose one phone over another because it can do something with 2 taps rather than 3? How much energy and time does a tap take?

You should choose a device based on your needs and what it provides. Remember (I know, it's not an excuse), this is the first version of the device and it will evolve. More functionality, fewer taps, and more apps will come. Be patient, enjoy the device, or choose something else. There is lots of choice.
    2 or 3 taps is different from 6. But... I forgot about the "fluid-swipe"and I didn't know about the swipe from back-button which brings you to the hub-list. I edited the OP.

I'll be patient for OS10.1, 10.2... and others....
    TgeekB and cman5 like this.
    04-25-13 03:48 PM
    see next post....
    04-25-13 03:50 PM
    You need the relax.. the Hub is v1 in any mobile OS till date.. takes **** loads of time and effort to make something like this.
    The Hub is a great feature. It was the most important reason for me to pre-order the Z10. But I realy think that the phone has to be more integrated in the hub.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-25-13 03:53 PM
    I was just talking with my collegue about our smartphones. He has a Galaxy S3. If he is in a text chat and he would like to call the person that he is chatting with he only has to put the phone to his ear. That's what I call smart.

Ps: I am Dutch so my language is set to Dutch. Now that I try to type English most of the words are not recognized. Is there a fast way to change the input language?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 06:01 PM
    Settings
    Language and Input
    Text Input Language

There you can add one or two more languages.
    04-25-13 09:32 PM
    I know....

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 12:20 AM
    a little faster is to hold the comma key down, and up pops a link to the Language submenu of Settings.
    Last edited by Davidro1; 04-28-13 at 03:43 PM.
    04-28-13 09:34 AM
    That would be great, but doesnt work

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 12:57 AM
    For about the first two weeks I was very frustrated with the hold the spacebar and swipe down thing to get the keyboard to disappear. Then I discovered it also went away if I tapped the chat. Then I discovered if I swiped left to right in the conversation I went instantly to the hub. Then I smacked myself on the head, said "Duh" very loudly, and me and my Z have lived happily ever after since.

Haven't done the double finger downswipe on the spacebar since.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 01:15 AM
    Someone calls me but I miss the call. I want to send him a text message to tell him I will call back. How do I copy his

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 04:48 AM
    Someone calls me but I miss the call. I don't have his number in my address book. I want to send him a text message to tell him I will call him back. How do I get his number in a text message?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 04:51 AM
    For about the first two weeks I was very frustrated with the hold the spacebar and swipe down thing to get the keyboard to disappear. Then I discovered it also went away if I tapped the chat. Then I discovered if I swiped left to right in the conversation I went instantly to the hub. Then I smacked myself on the head, said "Duh" very loudly, and me and my Z have lived happily ever after since.

Haven't done the double finger downswipe on the spacebar since.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure you are aware of this or not from your post but you can double swipe anywhere on the keyboard to minimize it. I just do it with both thumbs works best for me. Doesn't have to be on the spacebar.
    04-30-13 04:56 AM
31 12