Can anyone comment on the accuracy and the reliability of the voice typing feature on Z10. And also if anyone has tried out the VIKI personal assistant app if its available?
    02-01-13 11:12 PM
    I asked the same question but have yet to get a reliable response.
    Does it remember commands and store them though?
    The siri will remember if you tell it person A is your girlfriend and if you say "Call girlfriend", it remembers and knows, and things like "Remember when I say Sherdog, I want you to open Sherdog.net" Now he can open the webpage by just hitting Siri and saying 1 word.

Etc
    ****, his Phone calls him batman because he was messing around when he bought it and said "i'm batman", then the phone asked if it should remember that.

I am just curious as to how it stacks up against the Siri and if it has the same ability to learn and adapt its voice commands. Once Siri has learned things, it remembers.

I found that impressive, but have yet to see a review praise the BB10 in the same way. Most reviews either do not mention it, or say it is not as sophisticated.
    02-01-13 11:19 PM
    Its been all night and still no answers lol
    02-02-13 08:21 AM
    I am using it right now to send you this message it seems to work very well however it's not something I expect to use too much
    02-02-13 09:01 AM
    I am using it right now to send you this message it seems to work very well however it's not something I expect to use too much
    Does it remember lots of things? If I instruct it that Person A is my girlfriend, can I just tell it "send message to my girlfriend", or have it remember 1 word commands to take me to specific webpages?

These are the comparisons I am looking for
    02-02-13 09:07 AM
    I just sent an email to my girlfriend by saying email girlfriend. all I did was save entry in contacts called girlfriend and link her contact details to it. Sort of like a speed dial.
    02-02-13 09:28 AM
    I just sent an email to my girlfriend by saying email girlfriend. all I did was save entry in contacts called girlfriend and link her contact details to it. Sort of like a speed dial.
    Well that's good. Does it remember 1 word commands if you ask it to? Like "remember when I say this word to open browser to this website" etc
    02-02-13 05:23 PM
    I was really thinking the CrackBerry team would be doing a video on this but we have yet to see anything on it. There is a lot of stuff to cover so it must be coming up soon.
    02-02-13 05:25 PM
    Never had a phone with a voice assistant before, think it would be so useful when driving. Send text message to X "Ill be there in 20"

The vid from telekom presse showed it to be really good, and in some review they said it was awful. Sounds like its as good as the german said it was?

Also Driving and using a mobile is dangerous! Don't do it
    02-02-13 06:02 PM
    Well that's good. Does it remember 1 word commands if you ask it to? Like "remember when I say this word to open browser to this website" etc
    Well I can save a bookmark and add tags to it. when you search for the tag using universal search it finds the bookmark from the tag, however I dont know if/the command to use to make it open bookmarks from tags or if its possible. You can say browse and the name of the site and it works
    02-02-13 06:19 PM
    The commands are limited at this time (though I haven't tried to test its limits). It is VERY accurate and fast as ****. I'm thinking this is a vast improvement over anything we've had on BB and is very useful. I can generally recall the name of my girlfriend so I don't need VIKI to do that.
    02-02-13 09:48 PM
    How about "Say it", I thought that was supposed to be already in the App World by launch.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-02-13 11:23 PM
    Actually the Siri like voice feature isn't Apple like. BlackBerry has for the last couple of generations had a voice system that was very limited in what you could do while Apple had nothing until iPhone 5. So technically BackBerry (aka RIM) could sue Apple over Siri.

There is a video of the voice system vs Siri on YouTube that shows how accurate BlackBerry's voice thingy is over Siri.
    02-03-13 12:01 AM
    Siri is more of a personality where as BB10 is just a task based voice assistant. I would like to see them improve it to be more like google now though.
    02-03-13 12:19 AM
    Its been all night and still no answers lol
    Hey Koji, sorry I did follow up, but where you orginally asked - http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7921861

I'll repost here too:
    I saw your reply in the other thread, I did not follow up. Sorry. I have not used SIRI much, but Voice Control is simpler. Voice Control is pretty snappy and functional, but does not learn like SIRI.

Who my girlfriend is, or what my name will not be asked for by Voice Control. I tried to improvise it by adding nickname field into Contact data, nope.

It does not remember that type of information, you can't really have a conversation either. I asked Who am I, replied "search the web"?
    The voice commands have a structure, and it can be rigid. Dictation is pretty good. I'd love to compare them side by side. I know you wanted a more specific reply.

Look at this too. Awesome, clear video I found in Help.
    http://demos.blackberry.com/blackber...ce-Control.mp4

Does it remember commands and store them though?

The siri will remember if you tell it person A is your girlfriend and if you say "Call girlfriend", it remembers and knows, and things like "Remember when I say Sherdog, I want you to open Sherdog.net"
    Etc. _____, his Phone calls him batman because he was messing around when he bought it and said "i'm batman", then the phone asked if it should remember that.

I am just curious as to how it stacks up against the Siri and if it has the same ability to learn and adapt its voice commands.
    Last edited by Novaone; 02-03-13 at 03:35 AM.
    02-03-13 01:25 AM
    The voice itself sounds a little more robotic than Siri, but I have found it much more accurate. I actually stopped bothering with Siri as it made too many mistakes. Trying them side by side, the Z10 makes no errors. Very happy with the accuracy, but it's functionality is limited. But as I said, without the accuracy, it's useless.
    02-03-13 02:29 AM