I read comments on other sites from random trolls regarding the Z10, and a common knock on it is the size of it's bezel. After using the phone for a few weeks now, I actually wish the side bezel was a little bit bigger. I have trouble sometimes swiping up from the bottom (size bezel) when my phone is in landscape mode. If a landscape app has buttons on the bottom of the screen (ie. the picture edit app), I end up pressing those buttons a couple times before I get a real swipe up to minimize the screen.

I'm not sure I'd want the bezel any bigger in the sense that the phone would be bigger, but I hope they can figure something out when it comes to this bottom landscape swipe.
    04-17-13 11:29 AM
    I read comments on other sites from random trolls regarding the Z10, and a common knock on it is the size of it's bezel. After using the phone for a few weeks now, I actually wish the side bezel was a little bit bigger. I have trouble sometimes swiping up from the bottom (size bezel) when my phone is in landscape mode. If a landscape app has buttons on the bottom of the screen (ie. the picture edit app), I end up pressing those buttons a couple times before I get a real swipe up to minimize the screen.

I'm not sure I'd want the bezel any bigger in the sense that the phone would be bigger, but I hope they can figure something out when it comes to this bottom landscape swipe.
    Yeah, I have that problem occasionally as well, not sure if they can correct it with the software? Hopefully. Also it takes some getting used to in terms of behaviour, as a swipe in landscape takes you back to Active Frames in portrait mode. Needs some tweaking methinks.
    04-17-13 11:33 AM
    It takes some practice, but in landscape mode I start at the very edge of the phone swipe onto the bezel then onto the screen. That way it doesn't accidentally think I'm pressing a button on the screen.
    04-17-13 11:34 AM
    I have kinda figured out a technique that works, but it isn't perfect.

Also this isn't meant to be a complaint thread, but more of a "Shut up Trolls" thread

Posted via Z10
    04-17-13 11:39 AM
    I think you can rotate the device to potrait and do normal swipe from bottom to top for easier way to minimize it
    04-17-13 11:39 AM
    Yeah, I have that problem occasionally as well, not sure if they can correct it with the software? Hopefully. Also it takes some getting used to in terms of behaviour, as a swipe in landscape takes you back to Active Frames in portrait mode. Needs some tweaking methinks.
    That is coming in the next update (and is the reason the Z10 media dock has been delayed as long as it has been). Currently, there is no way for the home screen to be displayed in landscape mode, which explains why it's in portrait mode when you swipe back to the home screen from a landscaped app.
    I think you can rotate the device to potrait and do normal swipe from bottom to top for easier way to minimize it
    For some things yes, but for others, like certain games that are always in landscape mode, that doesn't work. I haven't personally had any major issues getting back to the home screen from landscape, but I'm only one person.

JB
    04-17-13 11:48 AM
    That is coming in the next update (and is the reason the Z10 media dock has been delayed as long as it has been). Currently, there is no way for the home screen to be displayed in landscape mode, which explains why it's in portrait mode when you swipe back to the home screen from a landscaped app.

For some things yes, but for others, like certain games that are always in landscape mode, that doesn't work. I haven't personally had any major issues getting back to the home screen from landscape, but I'm only one person.

JB
    Yeah, it's hit and miss, I think it has more to do with the fact that I've only had it a few months and for the most part use the phone in portrait mode. So I prolly need more practice. But great to know they're already dealing with it, thanks for letting me know.
    04-17-13 11:57 AM

JB
    I could be wrong, but I think even when the app doesn't rotate back to portrait (because it doesn't support it), the phone will still register gestures as it should in portrait mode. I'll have to check, but can't think of an app that doesn't support portrait right now.

Posted via Z10

Edit: Just tested on Angry Birds Space and I was correct. Even if the app doesn't rotate from landscape to portrait, as long as you rotate the phone, the gestures will rotate with the phone. It even seems like a side gesture (from the bottom of the non-rotated app) will also work as a minimize bottom gesture. Hope that wasn't too confusing...
    04-17-13 03:05 PM
    Honestly. I just want to be able to swipe from the BlackBerry logo whatever orientation on I'm in. Don't like swiping up from the "Bottom" in landscape

Posted from CB10 on my LE Zed10
    04-17-13 03:22 PM
    Honestly. I just want to be able to swipe from the BlackBerry logo whatever orientation on I'm in. Don't like swiping up from the "Bottom" in landscape

Posted from CB10 on my LE Zed10
    Regardless if what your screen is showing. If you physically have the phone in portrait orientation, you can do the swipe up from the bezel to minimize or peek.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:11 PM
    I'm wondering if BBRY can implement the bezel gesture to wake the screen up just like the one we have on PB where you can swipe either vertically or horizontally. that is really convenient and that is cool!! now to wake the screen you only have 1 way for that: to swipe up from the bottom bezel. imagine when soon BB 10.1 comes up and it can rotate the lock screen for landscape use (e.g. on the dock) is it sooo lame to unlock the screen horizontally because of that???
    04-17-13 05:32 PM
    They shouldn't have rotated the swipe gesture for landscape mode.

I'm so used to "Swipe up" now that even in landscape mode I find myself swiping from the BlackBerry logo to minimize an application.
    04-17-13 05:53 PM
    Yeah I thought it would be better to make landscape use the same gesture as portrait but then you have the issue of how peek would work with swiping from the side instead of from below.
    04-17-13 05:56 PM
    I just tried in the browser - peek doesn't work. Swiping up from the side bezel simply minimizes the application to a tile.
    04-17-13 06:04 PM
    I guess your right that peek doesn't work when in landscape. I never noticed that before. If that's the case I think they should just make swiping from the blackberry logo universal for all apps.
    04-17-13 06:09 PM
    That is VERY strange.... I have issues accidentally swiping. Wish the bezel was smaller.
    04-17-13 06:35 PM