I don't know if anyone else is having this issue. But whenever I put my Z10 into my leather pocket sleeve and take it out later the phone has completely shut itself off. It doesn't happen every time, but I was wondering if anyone may have some insight into this. Thank god for quick boot up times or I'd be in misery when it does happen!
    02-08-13 09:16 AM
    I use the swivel holster and I had this happen to me once (so far). I don't know why. I thought maybe the flap over the top of the holster was resting on the power button and forced a power shutdown.
    02-08-13 09:25 AM
    Haven't had this yet, I use the holster and the flip cover. Although I did have my friends white Z10 restart yesterday when I caught it awkwardly while dropping it accidentally lol
    02-08-13 09:28 AM
    I tried the leather sleeve and it was so tight I really struggled to get the phone back out, and on one occasion I must have touched the off button because the phone was shutting down. I didn't bother and bought the flip case instead which is great.
    02-08-13 09:30 AM
    I use the swivel holster and I had this happen to me once (so far). I don't know why. I thought maybe the flap over the top of the holster was resting on the power button and forced a power shutdown.
    This happened to me when i first put the phone in. After that it never happened again.
    02-08-13 09:32 AM
    This seems to happen because you touch the power button, has happened to me to so I push the phone in using the corners now and it hasn't happened since.
    02-08-13 09:34 AM
    This just happened to me, in the leather holster. I know it was on in my car (resting in the center console) and I just got out of the car, slid it into the holster, and got out. Chatted with a neighbor, grabbed my briefcase, let the dogs out, etcetera. When I walked into my office, I pulled my Z10 out and it was powered off.
    02-08-13 09:35 AM
    I have same problem with belt holsters and pouch. Has happened 3 times total. Not pressing top button for sure.
    02-12-13 05:30 PM
    I've shut mine down accidentally several times as it's very easy to press the power button by mistake. Maybe the power button would have been better off to one side? It's also very difficult to take the Z10 out of the pouch without pressing the volume keys.
    02-12-13 05:37 PM
    Got my BlackBerry slip case today and after taking it in and out with regular use for 10ish hours it just turned itself off one time. I hope this is something that can be fixed soon in software update.
    02-13-13 10:14 PM
    it's too tight!
    02-13-13 10:18 PM
    There's more of us here: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=7979218

What's odd about this is, holding down the power button with the device on, requires a deliberate hold of the button for 3 continuous seconds.

Now, I *might* have touched the power button briefly, but not for a 3 second hold.

Some theories: pocket sleeve is incredibly tight, and may be compressing internal components (had a similar problem with my Kindle and a silicone sleeve that was super tight).

Other theory is that software is the problem... somehow with the right conditions of the phone being in the case, and perhaps the power button being touched briefly, that triggers things?

So far this has happened 3 times to me. While paying very close attention to not press the power, I have yet to experience it again?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 10:45 PM