Hi guys,

This is sort of my first post and im using CB10 so not sure if theres an intro section so apologies if I missed that.

Anyway, my name is Damien and I live in Cape Town SA and have my Z10 now for around two weeks. Absolutely love it.

I have a dilemma though with my phone. I bought the phone from a store on a promo from a specific network(carrier). But because of a better data plan with another network I used a different sim card instead. Since day 1 I notice that even just placing the phone on a desk or whatever, it shuts off and I need to reatart it. Any little bump and it dies.

Firstly, is this normal and can it be fixed?

Secondly, the original network certainly wont honour my warrantee, which im okay with, but surely this is a hardware issue and it should not matter that a different sim is in the device right?

Anyone have a similar experience?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 06:49 AM
    Hi Damien and welcome to CrackBerry!
    I have heard of this issue before and the best I can tell you is to try and place a single piece of paper between your battery and the back cover to see if this helps. Maybe the size of a note card? maybe two sheets together? Im thinking the battery comes loose when you jostle it? Maybe the paper will keep it tight in there. Just an idea.....
    jpgraphicstudio likes this.
    05-02-14 06:56 AM
    Just a very tiny slice of paper on the far end of the contact points of the battery can fix it. It pushes it a bit more tight to the contacts.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 07:06 AM
    Battery is loose. Wedge something small so it keeps a solid contact with the terminals.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 07:07 AM
    Thanks fot the prompt replies guys. Im gonna give this a try as soon as I get home.

From reading the reports commenting on the robustness of the device, I thought something was drasticaly wrong with it. But now that I think about it, this is quite an obvious solution. Should have come up with this myself but thats what conmunity is all about right?

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the advice.

D

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 08:32 AM
    If it doesn't help. Get it fixed the sim cannot be deal breaker for warranty.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 09:01 AM
    Just reporting back that a piece of paper wedged between the battery and phone on the side opposite the contact points (thus pushing the battery "down" onto the contact points) solved the issue. I dont intend to test the limits of this fix, but light to medium tapping hasnt resulted in a shut down so all is good in the world again.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 12:51 PM
    Good to hear, enjoy your phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 01:19 PM
    I just learned something new here, too.
    05-03-14 01:26 PM