just got back from a Bell outlet in ontario. Wanted to buy a black Z10 for my brother in law. They didn't have one. Had two white ones, but no black.

The guy in the store said they could not keep stock on the black ones. His store is allocated 40 Z10s a week and hes says they are all spoken for by the time they arrive at the store. I was number 16 on his list for the 20 he is supposed to get today. He figured he could probably sell 60 a week if he could get them.

He told me they are outselling everything else he has by at least 3 to one.

now i dunno if 40 a week from one outlet is really good or not, but I don't see how it can be all that bad. I would be careful about beleiving any of these stories about stock piling up. Certainly not happening in this neck of the Great White North.
    03-07-13 08:59 AM
    There are about 5700 stores selling the Z10 across the UK and Canada.. If each one is selling 10 a week since launch thats 456 000; and that's taking the minimalistic approach (10 a week) and not counting the other markets BlackBerry launched the Z10 in.

I feel like it was a pretty successful launch.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 10:11 AM
    I'm certainly starting to see them more often in my daily travels around Vancouver. Seems like everyday I spot a few more people flowing along like me

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 10:15 AM
    Like all launches.... it is the long term that counts... not the short...... food to see BB off to what looks like a great start.... Always remember BB does not have to sell like Apple to get and stay in the Black.....
    nquyen likes this.
    03-07-13 10:19 AM
    Keep the momentum coming...Just a few more days now till we know if the US will have them as rumored. I hope they do sell well here and the carriers realize the BB is back and they do not have to bow at the altar of the fruit so much.
    03-07-13 10:27 AM
    I believe this, I had to wait quite a while to get my white Z10, and I finally did less than a week ago.

My wife got her black one first near launch day, and as soon as I played with it, I knew I had to have one.

The clerk told me that the phones are still selling like crazy and couldn't believe how many they were moving. This is a Telus store in a mall.

I agree, its the long term that counts... but for a company that many said would be DOA upon launch, they are doing pretty good. The pundits were expecting it too sit on a shelf and gather dust.

Among my friends, I felt like a celebrity. when they found out I had a Z10, they swarmed me and wanted to see it in the flesh.

its simply an awesome phone.
    03-07-13 10:41 AM
    I believe this, I had to wait quite a while to get my white Z10, and I finally did less than a week ago.

My wife got her black one first near launch day, and as soon as I played with it, I knew I had to have one.

The clerk told me that the phones are still selling like crazy and couldn't believe how many they were moving. This is a Telus store in a mall.

I agree, its the long term that counts... but for a company that many said would be DOA upon launch, they are doing pretty good. The pundits were expecting it too sit on a shelf and gather dust.

Among my friends, I felt like a celebrity. when they found out I had a Z10, they swarmed me and wanted to see it in the flesh.

its simply an awesome phone.
    Yup lol, two of us in my office are already rocking the Z10!!
    big_time2 and lwaysluking like this.
    03-07-13 10:50 AM
    Whenever a relative or friend sees my phone they all say: Is that the new blackberry?
    At first I didn't think much about it but I am surprised how many people ask me. Obviously they must be interested. I would ask somebody.. oh is that the new Samsung or is that the new nokia...

Posted via CB10
    big_time2 and Novaone like this.
    03-07-13 11:03 AM
    Yep if you show it off without any case or cover ppl are amazed how light it is and just fit into the hand. Once you peek and flow ..they are hooked ...
    big_time2 likes this.
    03-07-13 11:35 AM
    Wait a minute, weren't you saying how much you didn't like the Z10 and wanted to return it?

just got back from a Bell outlet in ontario. Wanted to buy a black Z10 for my brother in law. They didn't have one. Had two white ones, but no black.

The guy in the store said they could not keep stock on the black ones. His store is allocated 40 Z10s a week and hes says they are all spoken for by the time they arrive at the store. I was number 16 on his list for the 20 he is supposed to get today. He figured he could probably sell 60 a week if he could get them.

He told me they are outselling everything else he has by at least 3 to one.

now i dunno if 40 a week from one outlet is really good or not, but I don't see how it can be all that bad. I would be careful about beleiving any of these stories about stock piling up. Certainly not happening in this neck of the Great White North.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 11:42 AM
    Yep. My wife was looking for one yesterday (white) and we had to call several stores before we could locate one. Finally found one...and just one.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    03-07-13 11:42 AM
    They are doing so well!

Now let's hope it does extremely well in the U.S! That is the country they need a looooooot of sales from. Too many Apple worshipers here.
    03-07-13 11:46 AM
    And I can't wait to troll around with the Z10!

One time I was in Radio Shack, this was about 2 months ago, and I was getting a new charger. The employee looked at my phone to see which one to get me and he says, "are you due for an upgrade?" I say, "no, I just used it a year ago so not for another year." Then he proceeds to tell me, "oh, because nobody has Blackberry's anymore." I gave him a dirty look.
    03-07-13 11:49 AM
    A few of my buddies are still on a waiting List from Telus for some reason

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 11:49 AM
    Wait a minute, weren't you saying how much you didn't like the Z10 and wanted to return it?

Posted via CB10
    Funniest comment ever...

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 11:51 AM
    Keep the momentum coming...Just a few more days now till we know if the US will have them as rumored. I hope they do sell well here and the carriers realize the BB is back and they do not have to bow at the altar of the fruit so much.
    I just hope they have plenty to sell!
    03-07-13 12:00 PM

Posted via CB10

LOL... i was now thinking the same...
    03-07-13 12:03 PM

I did indeed. I also said I don't give up, I don't get mad, I get even.

Me and the Z10, we're gettin real close to even.

Posted via CB10
    jcraig, Dapper37 and ibby-berry like this.
    03-07-13 12:04 PM
    you own/fly a 172?

i got my private licence in a 172 many moons ago, great plane
    03-07-13 12:10 PM
    And the other X factor is, we don't know how many are deploying in the work world, other than the odd story about the German gov't, for instance.
    tg1 likes this.
    03-07-13 12:17 PM
    Like all launches.... it is the long term that counts... not the short...... food to see BB off to what looks like a great start.... Always remember BB does not have to sell like Apple to get and stay in the Black.....
    +100

And as the OP mentions, its definitely not bad news even if it is anecdotal
    03-07-13 12:33 PM
    And the other X factor is, we don't know how many are deploying in the work world, other than the odd story about the German gov't, for instance.
    I think for business it will be the Q10 that ends up being adopted. I just cant see major companies providing the full touch screen to their employees. Then again, maybe they'll actually get the option between the two. I have a feeling that most people in business (including my wife) that have a BB phone provided would prefer the Q over the Z.
    03-07-13 12:53 PM
    I think for business it will be the Q10 that ends up being adopted. I just cant see major companies providing the full touch screen to their employees.
    Many do now. Look at all the iPhone deployments. But I'd prefer keys in business too
    03-07-13 01:33 PM
    I went to see BlackBerry on their tour of the UK in the Trafford Centre in Manchester today. Lots of people swarming around the stands to look and try the Z10's. Wanted to see any accessories they had, but it was just the Z10 they were showing. Picked up a free BlackBerry Keep Moving should bag which was cool.

Interestingly Samsung also had a stand there too, yet there were far fewer people around there then there were around BlackBerry, so the interest is well and truly there. Talked with the sales guy too and he said they were selling well.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    Snap51, R Field, RichardZA and 2 others like this.
    03-07-13 01:45 PM
    Nobody has BlackBerry anymore, yet... you are standing in the store... with a BlackBerry in your hand... I would have said, "Well I'm someone and I'm here with a BlackBerry in my hand, there goes your theory."

And I can't wait to troll around with the Z10!

One time I was in Radio Shack, this was about 2 months ago, and I was getting a new charger. The employee looked at my phone to see which one to get me and he says, "are you due for an upgrade?" I say, "no, I just used it a year ago so not for another year." Then he proceeds to tell me, "oh, because nobody has Blackberry's anymore." I gave him a dirty look.
    03-07-13 01:57 PM
104 123 ...