05-03-13 07:55 AM
52 123
tools
    I'm definitely buying!
    03-31-13 08:50 PM
    I want to live in Ireland!

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    Now's the time to buy! Houses are very affordable at the moment (though probably just starting to go up again)
    03-31-13 09:23 PM
    My z10 started playing big arenas, letting sponsors put up banners, selling swag near the entrance, and frolicking with groupies.

I'm sticking with it even though it is a sellout though. It's just so darn sexy!
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-31-13 09:28 PM
    Over the past weekend I've been to several locations anywhere from malls to grocery store and I haven't seen a Z10 in the wild yet......has anyone else? When I "show off" my White Z10 with the White Transfer Case (damn it looks GOOD ), I get responses like, "WOW BlackBerry has a new phone out" or " NICE PHONE" or "I didn't know Blackberry released a new phone" ........Something is definitly wrong with this USA picture.......just sayin
    04-01-13 06:29 AM
    There were two of those blackberry 10 vans or whatever in the north side of Chicago last week. I was driving, so I didn't bother stopping. They were parked at a tmobile store. It seemed like they were training the reps or something? I'm not exactly sure, they may have just moved the show in the tmobile store cause it was really cold that day.
    04-01-13 06:54 AM
    I keep seeing people say 1 million sold. I'm curious as to where you got that number. I thought the call said that 1 million had been shipped and the sell through was 2/3 to 3/4 up to that day. I haven't seen any official numbers anywhere.
    1 million sold shipped. Ok thats even worse then lol

So Blackberry must of assumed out of its then 80 million subscribers, the approximate estimates would of been around 200,000 sales to its "die hard fans", these expectations have been AMAZINGLY exceeded, records have been broken, new borns have been named after Thor, best sales ever in the history of Blackberry.

When I look at it like that, I really don't see what the excitment is about for the Z10 in respect to "sales", I'm damn certain the Samsung S4 has outsold the Z10 in just preorders alone, remember... the S4 is that HUGE phone that can't be used with one hand, and apparently has an outdated OS called Android thats supposedly fragmented, its not a "true multi tasker" unlike QNX with its "micro kernel".

We shall see.
    04-01-13 09:33 AM
    I wonder how many sales are from current BB users and how many are brand new and never used Blackberry. Are there any statistics on this. My local AT&T store has sold 6 or the eight last time I checked and expects to get in 4 more units this week. No ads no banners. The Z10 is just another phone in the BB display in the back corner of the store. I asked the sales rep I know and they are mostly selling to current BB users who want to upgrade.
    04-01-13 09:39 AM
    Has anyone else noticed since the phone went on sale in the US that these boards have a more negative spin to them? Like I said...I've been BlackBerry since the 90's and maybe it's just me being a Canadian. Buy what you like, buy what you believe in and be respectful. Period

Posted via CB10
    I have noticed this too.
    04-01-13 09:41 AM
    Went to Best Buy to get mine last week and they had only sold 1 and had lots in stock for Verizon and AT&T.
    04-01-13 09:42 AM
    Has anyone else noticed since the phone went on sale in the US that these boards have a more negative spin to them? Like I said...I've been BlackBerry since the 90's and maybe it's just me being a Canadian. Buy what you like, buy what you believe in and be respectful. Period

Posted via CB10
    No I haven't. They have had a negative spin for some time now.
    04-01-13 09:49 AM
    The Z10 has been sold very well in Jakarta, Indonesia. Most of 'official' stores experiencing sell outs. Many of our online stores also selling out of the Z10.

Most of us are buying outright-unlocked prices for $710. The white one is an instant hit. Selling out first before the black one. Due to high demand, the 'official' Z10 price has gone up to $730 for black and $750 for white.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 10:01 AM
    1 million sold shipped.
    No. This has already been debunked in other threads.

You started off saying that the phones had been out for 2 months and only 1M sold. Sorry, no, but that's incorrect.

The 1M sold was up till the end of February. It did not include March (except for the first two days). Since that time, many more have been sold. We've even heard that BlackBerry's largest single order ever (another 1M... beyond that first 1M) was placed since then (though not all of that will even have shipped, let alone sold).

And as for shipped versus sold, it is NOT correct that the "2/3 to 3/4 sold through" number applied to that first 1M in Q4. You can check the transcript of the earnings call to see that for yourself (or find the other threads where that's been cleared up).
    lnichols likes this.
    04-01-13 10:03 AM
    Z10 is a great device and gonna be a major success story this year
    04-01-13 01:48 PM
    Don't think the US is really seeing "sell outs", other than a few busy locations.

Of course the average consumer knows very little, if anything about there being a new Blackberry phone. May take time for BB marketing to kick in, carriers are not and with a proven big seller about to be released by Sammy... I don't see that changing.
    04-01-13 02:52 PM
    Our local AT&T store had 4 z10s to sell on March 22nd. There were NO displays to be seen. Wife and I had saved our upgrades till the Z arrived, we bought 2. But get this...the CSR taking my VISA card and getting my signature had not been trained on the Z, his class would come on the 28th and he asked us, mind you, as I'm closing the deal if we'd considered the Note II? He whipped his Note out there at the cash register and began to show us just how cool it was. Good grief. His parting words before thanking us for shopping AT&T were to remind us we had only 2 weeks to return the Z10s with a $35 restocking fee, of course.
    Ya BB clearly has an uphill battle in some areas. Can you just imagine how many people are still new or buying their first smartphone and walk into a store like that and just get steered in the WRONG direction. That salesman wouldn't even give the phone a chance.
    The media has a big part to play in this also.
    04-01-13 03:23 PM
    Local T-Mobile store sold out first day. They immediately ordered more.

I haven't been back in the last week or so, but when I went back the day after I got mine (when they opened on release day) they were sold out.
    04-01-13 03:25 PM
    Anyone been encountering sell outs of the Z10 either in store or online?

Share your stories here crackbabies
    Yes - sort of. I bought my Z10 today at local AT&T store (Alexandria, VA). The sales person said they sold all 10 they had on the first day. They have restocked and sales are slower since. Turns out the first day a BB person was at that store and was the one who did an excellent demo to me. She was not there today.

BTW, they do have a Z10 sign about 4 feet over part of the display row where the Z10 is. That is of course at the very back of the store - where all Z10s are placed.

I have to update my signature now. BTW, selling my torch 9810 on ebay and it has been bid up to $105 with 5 days left to go. I expect to get $150 to $175 for it with case, charger and box. It has a few blemishes on the top corners so won't get top dollar.
    04-01-13 03:46 PM
    Sell outs are great as long as they don't impact potential customers. I hope that the supply channel is replenished quickly
    04-01-13 09:41 PM
    Yes the z10 was sold out the day after it was launched On t mobile at my local store here in. FL. The Person before me bought the last one. The next store only had 2 left !!I got one FAST
    missing_K-W likes this.
    04-01-13 09:53 PM
    Anyone have any stories?
    04-02-13 01:45 PM
    I was on the phone with a representative of Costco's Wireless Partner, Wireless Advocates, today because I had to modify my order. And, I was informed that there was shipping delay of 5 days for the Z10. I asked her "Why?" and she responded telling me that they sold them so fast they couldn't keep up with the demand. She continued saying they were selling them by the hundreds and that there were numerous customers that were unable to complete their orders because they had sold out by the time they proceeded to payment.

Great news for BlackBerry in the States I would say! I can't wait for mine to arrive!
    04-02-13 04:05 PM
    I was on the phone with a representative of Costco's Wireless Partner, Wireless Advocates, today because I had to modify my order. And, I was informed that there was shipping delay of 5 days for the Z10. I asked her "Why?" and she responded telling me that they sold them so fast they couldn't keep up with the demand. She continued saying they were selling them by the hundreds and that there were numerous customers that were unable to complete their orders because they had sold out by the time they proceeded to payment.

Great news for BlackBerry in the States I would say! I can't wait for mine to arrive!
    Z10 is just amazing. People just love this phone
    04-02-13 04:14 PM
    Was shopping for my Z10 online today and noticed futureshop is sold out online in Canada
    04-03-13 08:54 PM
    Z10 Sell Outs?-imageuploadedbycb-forums1365730825.920676.jpg My local Best Buy's new Z10 display
    04-11-13 08:41 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1365730825.920676.jpg 
Views:	630 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	150389 My local Best Buy's new Z10 display
    Same one I saw today except there were no phones. 1 dummy behind that in the VZW section.
    04-11-13 08:53 PM
52 123