Anyone been encountering sell outs of the Z10 either in store or online?

Share your stories here crackbabies
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 03-31-13 at 04:27 PM.
    03-31-13 03:55 PM
    I live in Montreal. During the first week the Z10 was out there were not huge lineups for it as like when the first few iPhones came out. But, sales were strong. I went to a the BELL store near to where I live, and there were many people buying Z10's. I came at the opening time of the store and bought the first two for us. By the time I left the store there were about 20 people waiting to get one.

I came back to the same BELL store a number of hours later to get a Gel Grip case for the each of the two phones. They were all out of the Z10's, and almost out of the Z10 cases. What was interesting was some of the Z10 buyers were also buying Playbooks at the same time. They ran out of Playbooks and Z10's.

What is interesting is some stores had sort of slow sales of the Z10, while some other stores could not get enough of them. When I went to other BELL stores, the local Future Shops in my area, and some of The Source (Canada's Radio Shack) stores for curiosity I always asked about Z10 sales. Most said the sales were actually stronger than some of the other smart phone models. I am curious about the sales because I have BB shares.

There were some reports in Bloomberg and MarketWatch indicating that the Z10 sales exceeded expectations. I read some articles saying that in the US some of the big name stores that had the Z10 were not pushing it or even showing it up front because they were concerned about being able to sell off their inventory of other phones that they have in stock before they go obsolete.

I can say from using the Z10 for a while now it is a terrific phone. I like a lot. To date it is the best mobile phone I ever owned. I very quickly adapted to the virtual keyboard. I tried a number of other phones out of curiosity. For my needs the Z10 fits perfectly for myself. I know a number of other people who have the same opinion as I do.
    Alexander Tran and divakar like this.
    03-31-13 04:23 PM
    I live in ireland and i bought a z10 sim free from the carphone warehouse in the UK when i was over there visiting family... i also am really impressed and the phone overall. Even though i still have not managed to get HSPA working on my home network... SO ANNOYING! :-@

I asked about sales and i got a shrug of the shoulders and "yeah blackberry people are buying them, innit"... yet to see another z10 in the wild too, but i don't really have a life outside of work these days, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 04:33 PM
    Not in my area. I live in Minnesota though, far from BlackBerry country.
    03-31-13 04:35 PM
    Not in my area. I live in Minnesota though, far from BlackBerry country.
    Spring just started in Montana. Too early yet for BlackBerry season. Should have a bumper crop this year! Yeah baby
    03-31-13 04:45 PM
    Been reading about sell outs in the US. Goes well with global Accounts of this. What i dislike is the 2 week wait times for restocking. Have to get product in people's hands
    03-31-13 05:14 PM
    I went to Minneapolis for work and didn't really see any z10s. I have been there 3 times in the last 2 months and all I see is android and iPhone. I saw 2 people using a BlackBerry.
    When I was in the office a few people saw my z10 and were really impressed, I had to pry it out of their hands.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 05:21 PM
    Just been looking in the UK with a friend - seems like there are lots available (eg ready to ship - eta in 2 days)

For some reason, the white Z10's are a bit cheaper on Amazon
    03-31-13 05:29 PM
    I hope the supply channel is being replenished quickly
    03-31-13 05:54 PM
    I don't understand what Blackberry's own expectations were, the handset has been out for two month, pre orders longer, 1 million devices sold.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 05:57 PM
    I don't understand what Blackberry's own expectations were, the handset has been out for two month, pre orders longer, 1 million devices sold.

Posted via CB10
    Im unaware myself
    03-31-13 06:02 PM
    Our local AT&T store had 4 z10s to sell on March 22nd. There were NO displays to be seen. Wife and I had saved our upgrades till the Z arrived, we bought 2. But get this...the CSR taking my VISA card and getting my signature had not been trained on the Z, his class would come on the 28th and he asked us, mind you, as I'm closing the deal if we'd considered the Note II? He whipped his Note out there at the cash register and began to show us just how cool it was. Good grief. His parting words before thanking us for shopping AT&T were to remind us we had only 2 weeks to return the Z10s with a $35 restocking fee, of course.
    03-31-13 06:23 PM
    Our local AT&T store had 4 z10s to sell on March 22nd. There were NO displays to be seen. Wife and I had saved our upgrades till the Z arrived, we bought 2. But get this...the CSR taking my VISA card and getting my signature had not been trained on the Z, his class would come on the 28th and he asked us, mind you, as I'm closing the deal if we'd considered the Note II? He whipped his Note out there at the cash register and began to show us just how cool it was. Good grief. His parting words before thanking us for shopping AT&T were to remind us we had only 2 weeks to return the Z10s with a $35 restocking fee, of course.
    I've lost my hope with the USA
    03-31-13 06:33 PM
    Baton Rouge, LA

AT&T Store - sold out
    T-Mobile - 2 left
    AT&T Authorized retailer - 1 left
    Best Buy - sold out
    (NOTE: I don't really know the exact # ordered/sold. Safe to say that they were probably not huge... but ..... apparently they are selling more than expected.)

I didn't really see any "displays" other than the standard Z10 demo on the AT&T phone displays.

The AT&T authorized retailer didn't have a demo..... they said "the boss took it". I asked what do you mean the boss took it. They said he is using the demo they had out for his personal phone. So ..... of all the AT&T phones he has available, the store owner is using the Z10.
    03-31-13 06:59 PM
    There are plenty of Z10's in my area even though most of the stores only received between 4 and 7 units they still have plenty. I'm the only one that asked about it at my local Verizon store, which by the way, had ONE (1) accessory for the Z10, a leather oem Z10 swivel holster. Needless to say, I purchased it
    03-31-13 07:01 PM
    There are plenty of Z10's in my area even though most of the stores only received between 4 and 7 units they still have plenty. I'm the only one that asked about it at my local Verizon store, which by the way, had ONE (1) accessory for the Z10, a leather oem Z10 swivel holster. Needless to say, I purchased it
    Atttttttta boy
    03-31-13 07:20 PM
    I live in ireland and i bought a z10 sim free from the carphone warehouse in the UK when i was over there visiting family... i also am really impressed and the phone overall. Even though i still have not managed to get HSPA working on my home network... SO ANNOYING! :-@

I asked about sales and i got a shrug of the shoulders and "yeah blackberry people are buying them, innit"... yet to see another z10 in the wild too, but i don't really have a life outside of work these days, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Posted via CB10
    I want to live in Ireland!

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    03-31-13 07:26 PM
    Has anyone else noticed since the phone went on sale in the US that these boards have a more negative spin to them? Like I said...I've been BlackBerry since the 90's and maybe it's just me being a Canadian. Buy what you like, buy what you believe in and be respectful. Period

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 07:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    I keep seeing people say 1 million sold. I'm curious as to where you got that number. I thought the call said that 1 million had been shipped and the sell through was 2/3 to 3/4 up to that day. I haven't seen any official numbers anywhere.
    03-31-13 07:29 PM
    No shortages at all in Verizon stores in Southern CA that I can see. I have been to three stores and each said that they have them in stock and had only sold one or two each.
    03-31-13 07:31 PM
    Has anyone else noticed since the phone went on sale in the US that these boards have a more negative spin to them? Like I said...I've been BlackBerry since the 90's and maybe it's just me being a Canadian. Buy what you like, buy what you believe in and be respectful. Period

Posted via CB10
    That's unfortunate. Some people just exude negativity. Negative threads seem to get a, other of attention. Like attracts like. shme there is so many negative minded people.
    03-31-13 08:06 PM
    I've lost my hope with the USA
    I have to agree with this comment. For months now it's been said that the US market would be the hardest to get re a quainted. But US carriers sure are doing a bang up job (NOT!)at not promoting anything BlackBerry. How do you launch a brand new phone and not make sure your representatives/retailors are up to speed in order to sell?! I think that's what's puzzling to me the most. They should be thinking how to sell by demand not by what they're only familiar with!

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    03-31-13 08:32 PM
    I have received the z10 at launch and still haven't sold one. People around my area wants the q10.
    03-31-13 08:38 PM
    Hey Duckduke! From Morgan City living in Brandon, Mississippi. Huge Blackberry fan too!
    03-31-13 08:45 PM
    First store I went to received 5, and all were pre-orders. This was a self admitted "low volume" store. On Friday I was ready to buy and migrate my plan and went to another store that said they do 400 activations a week, and they said that had received a second shipment that morning, and that the first shipment they were low on. Didn't say how many had sold, but I got my two, on for me, and one for my 11 year old as his first phone (we had 4 BlackBerry phones in the family and he is the 5th line) and I am very happy!
    d.roc likes this.
    03-31-13 08:47 PM
52 123