The browser wasn't behaving; pages wouldn't render, hyperlinks wouldn't work. I thought resetting it to factory standards would do the trick. I wound up at the same place the person on this thread did: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...orking-897716/

I waited. And waited. Committed sin by disconnecting. Reconnected. Waited some more. Now when it's connected to Link, the desktop says "Disconnect your device from your computer and complete the Setup app on your device. When complete, reconnect your device."

The phone itself shows a Verizon logo when it powers up, says "Searching for a mobile network. You can connect to a WiFi network to continue." Is not being able to access a mobile network normal? Even though the service is off* now, aren't all cells supposed to be able to make a 911 call?

I did stalk and connect to a WiFi network, to no avail. It connects, then hangs on the Blackberry Solutions Agreement screen. Sometimes it references the United States (English), sometimes it doesn't. Whatever the case, it loops back around to "unable to connect to the network".

I have no way to verify if there is a working OS in the Link I have right now. The stupid tax is heavy because I don't know how to verify if the backup I initiated ever took, or if Link includes the files for a factory re-set. I was running OS 10.1.0.2151.

If anyone can give this a once-over and come up with something to fix it short of going to Ye Olde Verizon, I won't sell you my first born, but you will be profusely thanked.

*I've had to switch service to my old Storm II to get internet service (that went kerplooey for reasons that remain a mystery), but it's the only way to even get on here, because Verizon hadn't deleted the Tether capability for it TYVM. Would be using the Bold, but the USB port took a hit & I can't afford the repair on it right now.
    01-27-14 11:39 PM
    Have you tried installing leak? I've brick my Z10 several months ago and fix it by installing the latest leak. Pulled out the battery. Connect your phone to the pc and use the autoloader. The autoloader qill detect your phone and install the leak.

Posted From Z10 STL100-1
    RJanney likes this.
    01-27-14 11:49 PM
    Thank you. To give you an idea of how comfortable and knowledgeable I am about the Z10 - as in not very, though I love it to bits - is the autoloader a part of the Link utility, or something I have to hunt for, download and install on the computer? I am sorry to likely disappoint, but I'm a little out of my depth.
    01-27-14 11:52 PM
    Thank you. To give you an idea of how comfortable and knowledgeable I am about the Z10 - as in not very, though I love it to bits - is the autoloader a part of the Link utility, or something I have to hunt for, download and install on the computer? I am sorry to likely disappoint, but I'm a little out of my depth.
    Link to leak download: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=887047

Search crackberry for the tutorial on how go install a leak using an autoloader

Posted via CB10
    RJanney likes this.
    01-27-14 11:57 PM
    That's going to take me a bit to digest. It's 0130 Eastern for me. I'll have to give this a go tomorrow. Thanks so much. For anyone else who might stumble across the thread, the link didn't work for me, so here it is in plain HTTP: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ll-q-z-887047/ Link Gremlins!

SmileDahling, I did find a how-to-autoload thread, but would like to check if this is the one you meant? http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-ti...chibar-812685/

Thanks to the both of you for replying. Doubtless I'll be asking more questions
    Last edited by RJanney; 01-28-14 at 09:07 AM.
    01-28-14 12:29 AM
    If you have downloaded the Autoloader, all you really have to do is first BACKUP your phone using whatever method you like. I manually backup music, photos, docs.

Then plug in the USB cable and run the autoloader, it should find your phone and load the OS.
    01-28-14 09:00 AM
    I wanted to follow up to close the thread (insomuch as I can).
    While pondering how to go about dealing with the phone, the hard wired internet service resurrected itself. I took a break to get the household WiFi up and running (used equipment, had to ferret out old usernames, pw, driver updates; basically trading one headache for another but.. I WON!.

Once I was able to get a stable and strong WiFi signal, the re-set took, and I was able to update the software also. Thanks to all of you who replied very much.
    FF22 and SmileDahling like this.
    02-03-14 10:35 PM