Hi All,

First time post on this forum.

Have had my Z10 since early February and absolutely love it (moved from iPhone 4S).

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I have started to notice that my screen doesn't black out / lock when I am on a call, causing my cheek to start pressing mute/dialling pad/numbers etc. Marginally annoying, but my current workaround is to press the button on the top of the phone to black out/lock the screen.

My memory might not be serving me correctly, but I am sure the phone had the ability to do this when I first purchased it.

Has anybody else experienced this? I went into the store and they recommended that I 'backup and restore' the phone to see if this helps (haven't done this yet, given the 'fun' in restoring the contacts list, etc). I wanted to cover all bases prior to doing the aformentioned and/or getting a replacement Z10.

Blackberry Z10 STL100-02 on UK o2 network
    Edit: Software release 10.0.10.90
    04-30-13 09:44 AM
    Just covering the bases here - are you sure the proximity sensor is contacting your ear/side of your head?

If you're not sure, start a call and place your hand over the top portion of the phone (speaker area). Does it stay on or turn off?
    05-02-13 08:20 PM