Ive been waiting for the Z10 to come out for a while now and now that it's finally here, I find myself wondering if I really want it. Main reasons I wanted to stay with Blackberry is because I use bbm for my best friend and my mom, but my friend just bought the S3 yesterday and loves it. My mom is thinking about switching to Android as well. So there goes that reason. Other reason is I don't want to lose my unlimited data plan that I'm grandfathered into, and I know I'll have to give it up if I switch to Android.

What will I be able to do on the Z10 that I won't be able to do on the S3? Anyone make the switch from Android to the Z10?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Note 10.1 using Tapatalk
    03-25-13 10:50 PM
    I suggest the S3. BB10 needs some great examples of buyers remorse after you return the device for the z10
    bitek and ferazzz1985 like this.
    03-25-13 10:59 PM
    I've been a long time fan of BBRY. got the 9000 > 9900 and now the Z10. I did have the Galaxy Note as a spare device. I absolutely hated the whole android experience. It is fun that you can change up the look for the device (via launchers) but it gets boring after a while. The lag/lack of fluidity is what i didn't like the most. No matter if its a high end dual core processor or the Note 2 with quad core 1.6Ghz, they still got laggy.

Updating process for android is a pain, took me 7 months to get ICS update (official) for the Note. Android is buggy and I don't trust it with my personal info (like I do BBRY). The keyboard is simply unbeatable on BB and Z10 will give you the best touchscreen keyboard experience. Typing on the note is horrible, mistakes upon mistakes, but the Z10 is smarter and intuitive and even though you make these mistakes, it corrects them. It's like magic!

The Z10 is the BBRY we've all wanted, great UI, fluid and enjoyable experience. Great all round device for work/business and pleasure, enough for all the multimedia you will need! Apps are the only thing that the device is lacking, but of course they are coming (which is most important, just no specific dates.) Whatsapp is here as well and if you do get the Z10, you will still be able to communicate with your primary contacts!
    03-25-13 11:03 PM
    In the end, it all comes down to personal preference. Different phones do different things. Research what each is capable of doing, go try out the Z10 and the S3 for yourself, see which one you like better, and go with what you like.

It's as simple as that.

Posted via CB10
    21stNow likes this.
    03-25-13 11:04 PM
    Had the s3 for 6 months. It is a toy. If you like toys then go for it.

Posted via CB10
    Kurt Fathul and jessen62 like this.
    03-25-13 11:07 PM
    Buy the SG3

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 11:13 PM
    1.Based on design Z10 all the way

2.Based on OS.. S3

3.Based on Apps.. by a long shot S3

If you care about a combination of 1 and 2 or 1 and 3.. i would suggest trying out a Z10..

If you care about 2-3 then S3

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 11:17 PM
    Used S3 for about 6 months, and before that I was with blackberry all the way. Then Z10 hit me, and I am a total convert back to blackberry. Z10 is insanely smooth, something which s3/android has never managed inspite of all the hype about project butter. Build quality is far far better than s3. Agreed the apps are behind the google play store, but they are coming and as far as I am concerned, everything I used on S3 I could find on the BB store. But the OS which BB has made is absolutely amazing, no lag at all. And it is very well integrated with the hub which in itself is amazing. Many ppl here are concerned about the battery life though, but I have found that Z10 is giving me more of less the same battery life per charge as my S3, maybe slightly less, but I can live with that. But ofcourse, in the end its your personal preference .
    03-26-13 03:02 AM
    Sold my S3 for z10. Never regretted. It's amazing how a quad core S3 can lag so bad as compared to a dual core z10

Posted via CB10
    shads77 and Camelhmpz like this.
    03-26-13 03:40 AM
    Maybe go to a store and spend some time with both. All phones offer different experiences - I love my Z10- Wouldn't go back... but I'm a die hard BB fan. Other phones including the Iphone (gasp) and Android (sigh) offer decent phone experiences (said under duress) but ultimately comes down to how it feels for the user.
    03-26-13 04:20 PM
    personally this close to s4 launch I wouldnt be buying a s3. As far as unlimited I would think if you would would still be grandfathered dont know your carrier but none of my friends lost their unlimited data from upgrades or out right purchases. Z10 is nice just depends if you willing to put your money in a new os with some of the things that come with early adopting. Not sure what one can do that other cant besides if certain apps missing or not. Maybe buy one see if you like it if not return within return window and get the other
    03-26-13 04:45 PM
    You need to really decide what you want out of the device and then compare the specs/capabilities....I say specs so that you can quantify coverage, battery life and such other metrics; not how many cores lol...as far as experience/UI, only you can decide what works for you. Both phones have their own strengths/weaknesses, you need to know which one is acceptable to you and which isn't.
    03-26-13 05:19 PM
    In the end, it all comes down to personal preference. Different phones do different things. Research what each is capable of doing, go try out the Z10 and the S3 for yourself, see which one you like better, and go with what you like.

It's as simple as that.

Posted via CB10
    Bingo. Before I knew about BB10, I figured I would be going Android or iPhone, but waited until the iPhone5 came out. Read all the reviews (which were pretty objective, actually), then went to the store and put them in my hand. Agreed with almost everything the reviewers said.

In the end, neither was compelling. The S3 was too large, and the iPhone5.....well, it may just work, but it didn't just grab me.

BOTTOM LINE: Do your research, then get up close and personal, and make up your own mind.
    03-26-13 06:14 PM
    Ive been waiting for the Z10 to come out for a while now and now that it's finally here, I find myself wondering if I really want it. Main reasons I wanted to stay with Blackberry is because I use bbm for my best friend and my mom, but my friend just bought the S3 yesterday and loves it. My mom is thinking about switching to Android as well. So there goes that reason. Other reason is I don't want to lose my unlimited data plan that I'm grandfathered into, and I know I'll have to give it up if I switch to Android.

What will I be able to do on the Z10 that I won't be able to do on the S3? Anyone make the switch from Android to the Z10?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Note 10.1 using Tapatalk
    As much as I hate to say it, ... it looks like the S3 is in your heart. If the main reason for staying is as simple as BBM and your top 2 have left, then, by your own rationale, you too should leave. For me, the BlackBerry experience is simply the best but the S3 is a good device. There's no denying that.
    03-26-13 06:22 PM
    The S3 is a fun phone to play with, but the Z10 is better as a phone, and just feels better in the hand (in my opinion) . I used the S3 for a few months, went to the iphone 5 and now the Z10. The Z10 kind of bridges the gap between both phones. It seems to take the best of each and put it into one phone. I've found that most apps that I used heavily on Android or iphone I can either get or easily side load. After using my Z10 my girlfriend (who has an S3) asked me if we could sell it and get her a Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:29 PM
    My wife has an S3 and uses my Z10 if she can get it out of my hands

She finds the Z10 easier to type on and smoother. She does use the S3 for some of her games. It is away for repairs at the present time as it suffered from Samsung 'sudden death' syndrome

But....you have to go with what suits you best.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:39 PM
    In my opinion, the Galaxy S3 is old hat compared to the Z10. If you're dead set on getting an Android phone, then get the Nexus 4. If not, get the Z10. Try both of them out before you buy, of course.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:52 PM
    As an avid android user on a z10 I wouldn't even consider the s3. If you were holding out for the a4 or HTC one I would at least understand and respect your choice.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:54 PM
    Get what you like better. Aren't there already several threads on the same subject? I guess that's the way it goes.
    03-26-13 06:56 PM
    I have 4 device..
    - first I had BlackBerry 8520 (only for office contacts)
    - I had Samsung Galaxy S3
    - then, I buy iPhone 4S
    - then, I buy Z10

my 4 device that active all.. but I have given my S3 to my mom, because my S3 was bored..

now, my priority device is Z10.. my 4S is only for social media like PATH, twitter, line and other social apps were connecting with all of my friends.. and blackberry 8520 is only for my works..

if Z10 had famous social apps like on my iphone (path, good twitter client, line, etc. were connected to my friends) tomorrow, I'll sell my iphone..

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 07:08 PM
    If you need to be on wifi a lot of the time, then I would suggest Z10. My wife has a Note 2 and a good friend has a S3 while I have the Z10. I have been struggling with wifi issues on the Note 2 and my friend has been struggling with wifi issues on the S3. On these phones, the wifi sometimes will continue to SHOW that it is connected to the network, however, no data will flow through them. This is the worst symptom because when the phone gets into this state, it doesn't know that it is no longer receiving data (because the wifi connection seems normal) and as such, it will not drop to LTE. As such, you will just to fail to receive any data through wifi for a long period of time until you restart wifi (turn it off and then back on). That will reconnect wifi and your data will flow again.

We had these issues with the following wifi routers: Linksys 54GL rooted with Tomato, DLink and Asus.

As for my Z10, it has been rock solid. No wifi issues. It does have some minor bugs due to how young this OS is, but from where I sit, if you are willing to be an early adopter, you should expect some teething issues.

ps - try googling for wifi issues and Note 2 or S3. I have tried everything including using a Static IP on the phone etc. but the issue is still happening.
    Amit Oberoi likes this.
    03-26-13 07:46 PM
    Don't buy the Z10, I don't know about S3 but I am really regretting this Z10 . This is unstable phone. Frequent hanging, frame freezing, swipe freezing, zoom drag is primitive. Many issues with Z10

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 08:03 PM
    If you need to be on wifi a lot of the time, then I would suggest Z10. My wife has a Note 2 and a good friend has a S3 while I have the Z10. I have been struggling with wifi issues on the Note 2 and my friend has been struggling with wifi issues on the S3. On these phones, the wifi sometimes will continue to SHOW that it is connected to the network, however, no data will flow through them. This is the worst symptom because when the phone gets into this state, it doesn't know that it is no longer receiving data (because the wifi connection seems normal) and as such, it will not drop to LTE. As such, you will just to fail to receive any data through wifi for a long period of time until you restart wifi (turn it off and then back on). That will reconnect wifi and your data will flow again.

We had these issues with the following wifi routers: Linksys 54GL rooted with Tomato, DLink and Asus.

As for my Z10, it has been rock solid. No wifi issues. It does have some minor bugs due to how young this OS is, but from where I sit, if you are willing to be an early adopter, you should expect some teething issues.

ps - try googling for wifi issues and Note 2 or S3. I have tried everything including using a Static IP on the phone etc. but the issue is still happening.
    We had the exact opposite experiences. I don't have Wi-fi problems on either of my Samsung devices ( the same two that you mentioned) but the Wi-fi performance on the Z10 was exactly what you are describing for your wife and friend. I'm hoping that it was just a defect and that my new Z10 won't have that problem.

To the OP, you truly have to decide for yourself. Other than BBM, you didn't give us much to go on for your preferences. Many things are going to be subjective or at least depend on your phyiscal build and habits. Do you drop slippery items a lot? Then you would want a Z10. Do you have larger hands? If so, maybe a Galaxy S III would be fine. Even though the phones are roughly the same size, the usable screen on the Z10 makes it easier to use with one hand.

There are so many other factors that could go into this decision for you. Do you plan to do a lot of sharing using S Beam and the other sharing functions on the Samsung phones (the name escapes me now) with your best friend? If so, the Galaxy S III would be the way to go. If not, the Z10 is still in the running. This could go on for hours. Try your friend's GSIII so that you get a hands-on trial. If it's not for you, then get a Z10.
    03-26-13 08:05 PM
    Don't buy the Z10, I don't know about S3 but I am really regretting this Z10 . This is unstable phone. Frequent hanging, frame freezing, swipe freezing, zoom drag is primitive. Many issues with Z10

Posted via CB10
    I am surprised as many of us in india are using this phone and each and every one of us is totally satisfied with this phone. Are u on the latest version of the OS. Also just wipe the unit and start afresh. I am pretty sure it'll be ok after that and u will love the usability of the phone. In my case no hanging, no frame freezing and no swipe freezing and I have been using it for more than a month now. Zoom drag primitive I didn't understand.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 08:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    I haven't read much of that. Maybe you got a defective one.
    03-26-13 08:19 PM
31 12