Hi All,

my experience with 10.2.1, specifically installing apk's, has been pretty poor compared to what I am reading about here. Am I doing something wrong or is everybody so caught up in the excitement their standards are low?

First thing I did was install the 1Mobile Market app. Went to their page via web browser and installation was perfect.

Downloaded Mint, was good but the install had to be manually kicked off. Pulled up my Mint account looks great but the app either shuts down or asks for my password everytime I click on anything in the app.

Went back to 1Mobile app and saw I had pending upgrades for; Skype, OurGroceries, Flipboard, Wordpress but they dont want to install until I delete the versions already on there from BB World. Given the poor performance of Mint I am reluctant to "upgrade" to the Android version.

Installed WD Remote and WDTV Media. Neither of them could locate my WDTV Live Media Player. Anybody else got these to work?

Installed Spotify, tried to login with Facebook, FAIL. I get "Logging in, please wait" for 5 minutes then I get a failed to login message.

Installed Instagram. updates are slow and interface is not smooth, and after a few minutes application just shuts down.

Installed Cliffhanger - great app, but similar to the other apps it is not a smooth interface and it closes down every 3 or 4 mins.

I have a; BlackBerry Z10 STL 100-3 / 10.2.1.537

Has anybody else had SUCCESS with the apps I have listed above? I am almost ready to delete them all and stick to the apps from BB World which usually perform the way an app should. My concern is that even more developers are going to abandon building apps for BB10 using the rational that they dont have to, people can get the Android ones.

Please somebody tell me I am doing something wrong here and your experiences with the apps above has been awesome. Is 1Mobile Market the best app source?

Am also peeved that I did not get Radio, something I would have used all of the time. Also wondering if I am likely to get the same sort of functionality (apk's working) on the Playbook ever, assuming I am actually able to get them to perform on my Z10.

Twis
    01-30-14 12:27 PM
    Hi All,

my experience with 10.2.1, specifically installing apk's, has been pretty poor compared to what I am reading about here. Am I doing something wrong or is everybody so caught up in the excitement their standards are low?

First thing I did was install the 1Mobile Market app. Went to their page via web browser and installation was perfect.

Downloaded Mint, was good but the install had to be manually kicked off. Pulled up my Mint account looks great but the app either shuts down or asks for my password everytime I click on anything in the app.

Went back to 1Mobile app and saw I had pending upgrades for; Skype, OurGroceries, Flipboard, Wordpress but they dont want to install until I delete the versions already on there from BB World. Given the poor performance of Mint I am reluctant to "upgrade" to the Android version.

Installed WD Remote and WDTV Media. Neither of them could locate my WDTV Live Media Player. Anybody else got these to work?

Installed Spotify, tried to login with Facebook, FAIL. I get "Logging in, please wait" for 5 minutes then I get a failed to login message.

Installed Instagram. updates are slow and interface is not smooth, and after a few minutes application just shuts down.

Installed Cliffhanger - great app, but similar to the other apps it is not a smooth interface and it closes down every 3 or 4 mins.

Has anybody else had SUCCESS with the apps I have listed above? I am almost ready to delete them all and stick to the apps from BB World which usually perform the way an app should. My concern is that even more developers are going to abandon building apps for BB10 using the rational that they dont have to, people can get the Android ones.

Please somebody tell me I am doing something wrong here and your experiences with the apps above has been awesome. Is 1Mobile Market the best app source?

Am also peeved that I did not get Radio, something I would have used all of the time. Also wondering if I am likely to get the same sort of functionality (apk's working) on the Playbook ever, assuming I am actually able to get them to perform on my Z10.

Twis
    try using snap: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-2-1-a-874153/
    for me it's probably the best store to get apks
    twis likes this.
    01-30-14 12:31 PM
    Hi All,

Twis
    dont update blackberry world conversions with the android ones. Doesnt play nice.
    As far as your apps go, you seem to have chosen ones that need google play services.
    Instagram works fine and does not crash, did you reboot your phone?
    You seemed to just have picked the few apps that are not functioning properly.

as far as radio, it was never coming to the z10, three of the four versions dont have the hardware.
    the playbook will never get the apk support. its a dead product.
    twis likes this.
    01-30-14 12:33 PM