I have searched and read a number of threads here and elsewhere that seem to address what I think my problem is, but none hit the nail on the head and none have any fixes that have worked.

For the last three or four days, I get zero 'notifications' from my phone other than when it rings if someone is calling. Send me a text and I get nothing as far as notifications go - audio or visual. Worse yet if I go into text messages from the main screen or through the hub, I still don't see that I have received anything. The only way I can see if I have received a text is if I go into text messages and go into one person's previous exchange with me and only then will I see that I have a new unread text. If I'm in there and exchange texts with someone and am watching, I see them coming in only because I'm already in conversation... no audible tone regardless of whether I'm on normal sound profile - or vibrate, etc.

It's a bit of a pain if I could expect one from any one of my few dozen regular contacts. I'd have to go into them one by one.

Rebooting the phone/pulling the battery will yield results for a random but short period of time. Regardless of whether I actively use the phone or not, the problem returns after a random time.

Last night I did a full backup and security wipe. I restored and come morning, it was like I had done nothing. Problem persists.

I can't delete a message thread/conversation with someone.

Any insight?! I'm using 10.2.0.429 - I can't figure out what I could have done to make this problem start (I haven't installed any new apps in weeks) and it's annoying as heck. I use this phone for personal and work purposes so I need to get this fixed ASAP. I apologize again if this is a dup post but I've looked and looked and haven't found the right problem/solution combo and I'm hoping someone can help

Thanks.
    Mike
    11-29-13 09:40 PM
    try security wipe and do not restore settings
    just restore media and app data
    settings can cause problem

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 09:53 PM
    Didn't work - in fact, I can't even restore now. The new BB Link software gets to the 0% restore point (regardless if I just do media alone) and says it keeps losing its connection. So I figured - screw it - start anew... and despite no restore (ie: BRAND NEW PHONE) I'm still getting the same problem. Is it the latest OS update that was 14MB or something that might have send me down this slippery slope??
    11-30-13 11:10 PM
    Main volume and notifications are separate for some reason. It's in settings
    12-01-13 02:25 AM
    This is a dumb question but is your profile on "phone calls only"? Just wanted to ask the obvious.

Posted via my Z10 keyboard!
    12-01-13 03:04 AM
    I have had the same problem since Thanksgiving day (11/28). My problem is only with text notifications. (I still get calls and all my other notifications such as email alerts.) Same as you, I have to go actively searching through text threads to find new messages, which I do daily for people I frequently text with, but for all I know there are a bunch in there that I haven't seen. At first the problem seemed to clear up with a restart, but I've been restarting daily and now I never get text notifications. I have of course checked my notification settings, and have changed them just for fun (to different sound alerts, etc), to no avail.

I am on 10.1.0.2342.

Just wanted to post this as a "bump" and to let Mike and others know that Mike is not alone. I'm at the point where I'll probably upgrade the OS but it would be a lot easier if I could find a fix since everything else has been great with this OS. (I was one of the ones who, when I got my phone, it would reboot on its own 6x/day. I had to get an early upgrade to this OS to fix the problem, which it did perfectly.)
    12-18-13 09:31 AM
    I too have had the same problem since11-28-2013. Took my phone to Tmobile to see if they could fix the problem, of course it didnt act up for them. I continue to have incoming text issues. I am really tired of the restarts multiple times a day. Would love to have this problem resolved. I am on vacation which is really causing problems with my business text from home.
    12-29-13 03:53 PM