Change of Subject: Z10 RFF91LW network drops (voice, data, text) - Wind Mobile

Hi,

I have an AT&T Blackberry phone Z10 STL-100-3 RFF91LW that I got unlocked. The phone was sitting around and I thought of trying to use it with Wind Mobile and it worked. Except that it works sometimes and not other times. I mean to say it shows it is connected to Wind network with full signal but voice, text and data stops working. If someone tries to call me, it goes to voicemail and sometimes immediately or other times later I get a text notification that someone tried to call me. I do not have call forwarding on. I may be able to make it to work sometimes by turning off the network and reconnecting. Sometimes even that does not work. Every time it shows that it is connected to Wind with full signal but voice, text and data simply doesn't work. I have tried to reinstall software couple of times but it didn't help.

Please help as I really like the phone and looking forward to use it with the 10.3 upgrade.

Cheers!
    Last edited by vvkjain; 05-02-15 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Tried sending a text message from another phone and it didn't get delivered
    05-02-15 07:24 PM
    well Wind network is weak in your area.
    trying usin manual network selection mode
    05-02-15 07:35 PM
    Good guess and I should have provided this information, I have 2 connections with Wind and have been using the service for more than a year with no issues. The other phone is Samsung Galaxy III and it works with no issues. I had a Sony Xperia Z1 for the second line and had no issues. Only when I switched the SIM card to Z10, it started having issues. It's definitely a phone issue. Signal is at full strength in the area.
    05-02-15 07:59 PM
    Are you using a "fresh" SIM or just one you swapped over from another phone. Could be your problem. Also, I think I read at some point Wind had intro'd a new SIM for better reception. At any rate, if I were you I'd ask this question on the Wind form.
    05-03-15 08:19 AM
    Don't know what to say to you really. I'm on Wind and had my Z10 -3 for over 2 years (Z30 now), with no problems at all. It was a real soldier. I would throw a new OS on it and see if it improves any. Maybe try BBVE to test the phone for any problems?

Posted via CB10

Edit: I don't think its a Sim issue as I have swapped mine from Z10 to Z30 with no problems.
    05-03-15 08:21 AM
    I will definitely call Wind Support and perhaps visit their store in case they can help. I updated my Wind profile to indicate that I'm using Z10 as the phone in case that does something in the backend. The SIM is not old, I got it about a year back so it must be their recent technology.

I had updated the phone to 10.3 immediately after I started using the phone on Wind and noticed the problem. I thought may be it was 10.3 upgrade which caused it and then reinstalled 10.2 but 10.2 is also having the issue. Somehow it does seem that Z10 does not have good antenna and I'm trying to notice the behaviour. It appears to be connecting and disconnecting off and on, similar to when you're in bad zone. The problem is it remains connected and signal bars show full strength but service does not work. I'm also using Samsung Galaxy SIII with no issues. It is something to do with Z10, either software or bad antenna technology that's not strong enough to work with Wind.
    05-03-15 09:02 AM
    Am on WIND with the same phone. Try installing the latest 10.3.1 software. I know my phone is spotty at some areas of GTA and underground but nothing as freq as you described
    05-03-15 09:29 AM