Hi Guys,

I just shifted from a Lumia 920 to a Z10 on AT&T and thought I would share my experience so far.

First hardware: The Z10 is probably one of the nicest pieces of hardware I have used. The lumia series windows phones are solid and beautiful, but man the Z10 is elegant.
    The soft touch back feels amazing in the hand. The phone is slim and has just the right amount of weight so that it does not feel too light or heavy in the hand. I am very happy with the look and feel of this device so far.

Software: I unfortunately have become so used to the giant tiles on WP8 that it can be hard to find app icons on the Z10 sometimes. not a deal breaker though. I love the active frames, not because they work as mini widgets( most of the times they do not display anything useful (weather is an exception) but because multi tasking is so fast with them.
    I also really love the remember app, it syncs perfectly with my live/gmail/work(outlook) account. The best part is it syncs tasks from my work outlook to the Z10. I previously used onenote to keep a track of my tasks but this is just awesome. It has quickly become one of my fav apps of all times and would make it very difficult to switch to any other platform in the future.

The hub is amazing and it is awesome that you can customize which notifications can glow the led and what sound plays for each notification. This is a big step up from windows phone.

I am not a big app person, but these three apps are a must for me and I really hope they come soon because I am carrying 2 phones around until then.
    1) Whatsapp ( I hate this app, but a huge number of my friends use this app and I can't convince them all to switch !! )
    2)Music streaming app ( I really need a $9.99 a month all you can eat music app. There is absolutely nothing in blackberry world right now)
    3) all of my banking apps. ( I at least need my main banks app) It is a pain to manage transfers without this)

At the end all I can say is, My first blackberry device did not disappoint

Side Note: Unfortunately I do not have a single friend who has a blackberry so I could not test BBM (Am I missing out on something ?? )
    02-10-13 09:16 AM
    BBM-- your missing out on a great experience! But that is also its greatest downfall if you have nobody with a BlackBerry it is basically useless. My once 100+ contact list on BBM is down to about 13 now. I work in the dairy agriculture business and folks have all been switching to Android or iOS. Hopefully I can encourage some of them to switch back to BB once the Z10 arrives in the states. Video calling with the support staff for our dairy would be an awesome feature through BBM.
    big_time2 likes this.
    02-10-13 09:25 AM
    Thanks for sharing. I'm really impressed by BB10 since my switch from Android.

I too couldn't wait till March, and ended up buying my phone to use in T-Mobile
    convenor and SDTRMG like this.
    02-10-13 09:30 AM
    Deezer has a premium music streaming service. Glad you like your Z10.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-10-13 09:37 AM
    Thanks for the review! You might want to try your banking through the browser, it will give you the full desktop site with full functionality.
    02-10-13 09:54 AM
    If you're impressed with the notifications, how bad is the lumia? They stink compared to legacy OS.

I don't know what you mean by "all you can eat ", but Tunein Radio is free and streams worldwide stations. It's my favorite app.

02-10-13 09:59 AM
    Deezer has a premium music streaming service. Glad you like your Z10.

Ya I tried deezer it did not work. It said it is not available for the USA.

02-10-13 09:59 AM
    If you're impressed with the notifications, how bad is the lumia? They stink compared to legacy OS.

I don't know what you mean by "all you can eat ", but Tunein Radio is free and streams worldwide stations. It's my favorite app.

Lumia is bad mainly because of lack of customisation.

Tune in does not let you pick songs and store them offline. X box music and Spotify do..

02-10-13 10:03 AM
    Nice review. On apps slacker radio is confirmed to be coming so that will be my music app. Also on banking apps sideload your bank app from android if there is a version. I know I will be doing that with my bank app. I don't get whatsapp either.
    bobisonline likes this.
    02-10-13 10:08 AM
    Ya I tried deezer it did not work. It said it is not available for the USA.

Also not sure what you are looking for in a music app, but try Nobex Radio...also free and streams all kinds of music from radio stations all over the world as well as it's own stations that are commercial free for a specific genra...
    02-10-13 10:08 AM
    BBM-- your missing out on a great experience! But that is also its greatest downfall if you have nobody with a BlackBerry it is basically useless. My once 100+ contact list on BBM is down to about 13 now. I work in the dairy agriculture business and folks have all been switching to Android or iOS. Hopefully I can encourage some of them to switch back to BB once the Z10 arrives in the states. Video calling with the support staff for our dairy would be an awesome feature through BBM.
    Thanks hopefully bb10 takes off and I get to test BBM

02-10-13 10:15 AM
    Also not sure what you are looking for in a music app, but try Nobex Radio...also free and streams all kinds of music from radio stations all over the world as well as it's own stations that are commercial free for a specific genra...
    I am looking for something like Spotify or X box music

02-10-13 10:16 AM
    Thanks for sharing. I'm really impressed by BB10 since my switch from Android.

I too couldn't wait till March, and ended up buying my phone to use in T-Mobile
    Haha seriously I love ebay

02-10-13 10:17 AM
    Nice review. On apps slacker radio is confirmed to be coming so that will be my music app. Also on banking apps sideload your bank app from android if there is a version. I know I will be doing that with my bank app. I don't get whatsapp either.
    Well side loaded apps don't always work well and I'm nervous that the app would get stuck on some insane money transfer loop

02-10-13 10:19 AM
    I told my friends that if they didn't use BBM it indicated to me that they were defective and not worthy of being on my contact list.
    I hate whatsapp. On my bold the thing was a pig and not only ate battery but slowed everything down.
    thekidshop and Neely2005 like this.
    02-10-13 10:21 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. The Lumia is one device I was considering if the Z10 didn't impress me. So far I haven't seen anything that's a dealbreaker for me so I'll probably get it once they have enough stock in inventory.

I must say I like the UI on WP8 much more than BB10 though. Operationally speaking (i.e. other than the UI and customization) how does WP8 stack up against BB10? Can you do some further comparisons on various features such as the camera, app selection, email speed, typing, etc.

Thanks
    flyingsolid and big_time2 like this.
    02-10-13 10:21 AM
    I moved from a Lumia 920 to a Z10 too and can echo your comments! I just wish there was a way to pin down some of the active frames (I'd like my calendar to be in one spot)!
    02-10-13 10:24 AM
    Eh probably not as google maps is working well sideloaded and that app is much more intensive than a bank app. I will try my bank app and see
    02-10-13 10:24 AM
    Tunein is available. Bound to find something to your liking on there.
    02-10-13 10:29 AM
    I told my friends that if they didn't use BBM it indicated to me that they were defective and not worthy of being on my contact list.
    I hate whatsapp. On my bold the thing was a pig and not only ate battery but slowed everything down.
    Lol I hope you were joking. What's app is bad but it is present on most smartphones and BBM is not.
    I hope blackberry launches BBM for other platforms.

02-10-13 10:52 AM
    I moved from a Lumia 920 to a Z10 too and can echo your comments! I just wish there was a way to pin down some of the active frames (I'd like my calendar to be in one spot)!
    Yup I am always managing the frames to keep the calendar visible

02-10-13 10:53 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. The Lumia is one device I was considering if the Z10 didn't impress me. So far I haven't seen anything that's a dealbreaker for me so I'll probably get it once they have enough stock in inventory.

I must say I like the UI on WP8 much more than BB10 though. Operationally speaking (i.e. other than the UI and customization) how does WP8 stack up against BB10? Can you do some further comparisons on various features such as the camera, app selection, email speed, typing, etc.

Thanks
    No questions about it. Lumia wins in the apps and camera department. I did a lot of comparison shots and the Z10 is decent but the 920 is kickass.
    The Z10 keyboard is smarter but it only has a slight edge on the Lumia when it comes to pure typing.
    Emails speed is the same, I like email management on the z10 better.

dynot and jarrodmeyer like this.
    02-10-13 11:03 AM
    Well side loaded apps don't always work well and I'm nervous that the app would get stuck on some insane money transfer loop

Have you tried using browser to those bank websites? You may be pleasantly surprised. The websites usually have more function comparing to their mobile apps. And all you need is to bookmark them.
    ALXRoyale and jasonvan9 like this.
    02-10-13 11:06 AM
    Have you tried using browser to those bank websites? You may be pleasantly surprised. The websites usually have more function comparing to their mobile apps. And all you need is to bookmark them.
    Ya I prefer an app though. Will use the browser for the time being

02-10-13 11:11 AM
    I hate windows phones... Theyre unusable
    02-10-13 11:38 AM
57 123